Osama bin Laden Killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
    To take him alive would never have been in the plan. A live prisoner would create a figurehead, a living martyr. Imagine the threats, kidnappings etc. that would ensue in a vain attempt to secure his release. OK, the world at large is still in danger of reprisals but there is no body, living or dead that can be used in exchange threats. The burial at sea was entirely appropriate in that it gave no opportunity for a body or parts of it to he held up in Islamic martyrdom.
    Exactly. Taking him alive would have been the worst thing possible. I don't care if he had a weapon or not. Some people just deserve to be killed.

Juan, would you defend Adolf Hitler the same way?

Comment

No I wouldn't, nor would I defend Osama, but I think everyone should defend the rule of law.
      I would have shot the wanker too, even if he was unarmed in his slippers hobbling around his bedroom in his mid sixties fuck him.

But you haven't realized how insignificant he had become thats why there wasn't a small army in that compound to defend the great leader, he was no longer a leader of any significance just an old sick man in his slippers whose time had passed, and it is no great victory 10 years and thousands of lives later to kill him.
      But it is fun to get ya all wound up!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ATFS_Crash
        I wonder if Dick Cheney gave consultation, and suggested shooting for the head?

Foreign terrorists are not entitled to US constitutional rights. You sound like a fascist liberal; that want to deny US citizens their constitutional rights, yet want to give illegal aliens and foreign terrorists on foreign soil US constitutional rights.

You lie. We did not sink as low as Al Qaeda and other so-called “Islamic” terrorists.

Did we behead him? Did we burn his genitals off? Did we drag his dead body through the streets on parade? Did we put his corpse on display by hanging his corpse high so the public could abuse the corpse?

As far as treating the dead (and prisoners) in accordance with Islamic law: hasn’t there been many cases that people have been beheaded, had their genitals burned off, had their bodies dragged through the street, then to be hung high and displayed publicly by “Muslims” claiming that they were acting in accordance to “Islamic law”?

How come we didn’t offer the same respect to Osama bin Laden and his supporters; that he and his supporters have given our soldiers, our missionaries, our contractors, our civilians, our humanity effort workers?

Do you think if we treated “Muslims” with the same respect that they treat others; that the “Islamic” response would be peaceful?

I think we could run him through a wood chipper and feed him to the hogs; and it would be more civilized than how the Al Qaeda and other “Islamic” terrorists have treated prisoners and corpses.
        For once I have to agree with ATFS. We treated him far to kindly, two bullets through the head are not enough for the innocent blood of 3000+ civilians.
        August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by juan23 View Post
          The killing of Osama was carried out by a GOVERMENT, the murders committed by Al Quida were carried out by a group of deragend lunatics.
          There is a big difference. Governments and the so called "civilized" west should practice what they preach.... the rule of law, and the stability that comes with it. Otherwise we are no better than the lunatic fringes

Do any of you remember Nuremberg??? the crimes committed by those defendants were a thousand fold that Osama did, yet the rule of law prevailed!
          So you are saying that an assassination is a bad thing?? What about when the British government (Im not too sure it was them) sent a team to assassinate Hitler?

Comment

My God Juan, look at the size of the army around him. There are like about 100,000 troops within a few miles and that town is essentially an army compound.

The rules of war and Geneva convention apply. He was not in a recognizable uniform was he? Not in uniform I believe you are an automatic target as a combatant trying to evade.
            Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

I'm Ok with having OBL killed. I'd have done the same if I were Obama.

I'm NOT ok with those who say that killing him is Ok because he killed thousands, that those thousands were innocent, or that he did so with no prior trial and in the name of a religion.

OBL was a criminal, a terrorist. That's what terrorist do. They are not supposed to respect the law. States are.

You don't kill a killer without trial just because he killed. If you can capture him and take him to trial, then you do. That's what a Country does. I simply don't accept that a Government can just kill criminals without due process. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. I live in Argentina where a Government did just that. Dozens of thousands of times.

The problem with OBL, why it's Ok to have killed him, is that this is not a matter of a simple crime.

If OBL have been hiding and found in the USA, he could have been properly arrested and taken to trial according to the US law. In fact, if say some policeman investigating where he was hiding killed him unarmed and in a situation where the life of the policeman or other third parties was not in immediate danger, in the US that person would have likely been charged with homicide.

But how are you supposed to arrest him in Pakistan? By a military force? You take him to a US court and most likely the judge will HAVE to free him because his arrest was illegal. And even if not, what evidence will you use against him? A good bunch of the evidence was NOT obtained following the rules of the due process.

If we accept that this is a WAR against terrorism, and I do, then having OBL dead was a legit military target. That simple.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

What you are debating Gabriel is in essence the very reason why the Geneva Conventions ... note more than one, and Rules of War and Engagement have evolved.

There are always new concepts. However note and this is a big note, the adherence to the Conventions and Rules is among signatories.

I do not see his signature.

Worse, the team was in danger. And no, Pakistan has been playing the innocent card for too long. I have been saying this for years.

Comment

Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
                  The rules of war and Geneva convention apply. He was not in a recognizable uniform was he? Not in uniform I believe you are an automatic target as a combatant trying to evade.
                  So civillians are automatically targeted as combatants trying to evade?
                  Sam Rudge
                  A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy View Post
                    So civillians are automatically targeted as combatants trying to evade?
                    If they pose a lethal threat to others then, yes.

Rather like the IRA really. They called themselves an army but there was nothing officially military about them. Would you have wanted British Forces to have ignored them and let them carry on killing civilians ?
                    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
                      There are always new concepts. However note and this is a big note, the adherence to the Conventions and Rules is among signatories.

I do not see his signature.

Worse, the team was in danger. And no, Pakistan has been playing the innocent card for too long. I have been saying this for years.
                      And there's still no proof that he would adhere to said conventions even if he signed it.

Seems like the entire world knew he was in Pakistan, except for the US Government.
                      [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

He is yesterdays news, but good to send a message, "anytime and anywhere". ISI surely knew his location, but choose not to anger his supporters.
                        "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Originally posted by ATFS_Crash
                          You sound like a fascist liberal
                          And you sound like a real genius who doesn't quite grasp that fascism and liberalism are akin to tall/short or fire/ice. "Fascist Liberal" lol lol lol.
                          Us, lighting a living horse on fire:
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2_Q3oJPeU

Check it out!

Comment

Don't be so smug about definitions and cliche terms. Look up the origins perhaps. Are you perhaps chauvinistic? Most days I am.

Could you accuse perhaps the Kennedy and Johnson administrations of being fascist, heck they kept us in "The Nam" for how long? Now it just may be "what I say" versus "what I do".

Most of the time I am confused which is just how they like it ... perhaps?

Now, lets take a good example. I mentioned the FALN. But down where the breezes blow midst the palms a Republican is a liberal and a ...

I guess I am confused. Or are you confused?

Now just for the fun of it? You get on a plane and the Captain comes on the com and welcomes you .... "This is Captain George Bush and we" ..

Do you scramble for:

A. The exit?
                            B. Sit and relax.
                            C. Wiki to see exactly which Bush could actually fly the thing?

I know that was OT but if fell out. Mental FOD.

Comment

Also under the Geneva Convention, an enemy combatant not in a uniform is classified as a spy and can be immediatly executed, which I think applies to OBL.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                                Well, now that it is clear the Osama was even unarmed, one can really question why he was shot in the head 2 times.
                                Probably because the first shot felt so damned good. The question is why only two times. The gun must have jammed. Osama Bin Laden, like Bush, and every other trust fund casualty I've ever known, considered himself exempt from the moral laws of the common man. Well, Osama, now you're dead, and maybe beginning to realize that those laws were there to protect you too. You live by the sword, you die by the sword. That's the universal law.

Comment

Working...
                                X