Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of girls (or guys) are you attracted to?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Whoa man!!!
    We could have met.....

    Any more data about your time here??

    man, just something, American started flying MIA - MDE on June 2002, are you sure you didn't come to MDE with Aces Colombia, or made the trip on American via BOG or CLO (Bogotá or Cali)?

    Comment


    • #92
      No no no!! You are so right! It was to Cali, Colombia! and then connected to Medellin on Avianca, if i'm not mistaken. Since it was a while back, I didn't remember the exact details of the trip. But I just loved the city. I stayed with a family..I don't recall exactly where, but we stayed in Medellin for 2 weeks, then I flew a Fokker 50 to Pereira to visit my friend who recently moved there, and then flew home. I just remember the warmth, welcome, and friendliness of the people there! I have to go back some day for a visit!!! I loved it! Viva Colombia!

      -Pete
      Pete Ganabathi
      Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

      Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

      Comment


      • #93
        This thread is getting again.

        Thread reminder......
        What type of girls (or guys) are you attracted to?

        Comment


        • #94
          I see a lot of stereotypes flying about...
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

          -- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

          Comment


          • #95
            Come on, CO....you know it is now too late to save the post...

            Flying High:

            I'll say that India is Paradise on Earth. In fact, I'd shout it out to the world. And I know that India is a poor-ass country where 40 percent are illiterate and all. the thing is, it's my paradise. Saudi Arabia may not be your paradise, but it may be sv's and you've gotta respect that, no matter the circumstances of the country...a webpage from Amnesty International does not truly mean that's how the country is. Statistics are worth only so much. Here is a CRUDE example: The signs on one road in India that I went on clearly stated that the speed limit was 50 kmph. HOwever, our taxi driver easily punched 80 on it....right past a cop. Logic and Statistics would dictate that we got pulled over...but instead, nothing happened. You have to be there and see it to experience it. I understand your angle, in that Saudi Arabia treats its women like crap, but you have to go there and see it. And pictures don't count, since the photographer is subjective on what to take.

            Just my two cents.

            PS, I don't see any reason why Colombia doesn't have to be your paradise on earth...

            Comment


            • #96
              ATLcenter!!

              I have to agree with you! From one Indian to another! India is definitely paradise!! And what better part of India, than God's own country? The state my family is from; Kerala. Simply gorgeous! I love everything about it! The beaches, the highlands, the cities, the people. I love it!

              As for the other topic in question, a country a person is from is usually his/her paradise, so I can understand why sv defends Saudi so much. There is a very simple word for this, Patriotism. Everyone has it. I have it for India...I'm big time on that! I'm sure you do to, from what I can see. So there is nothing wrong in defending for what you believe in.

              -Pete
              Pete Ganabathi
              Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

              Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

              Comment


              • #97
                ATLCenter:

                Now with that I agree.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Avianca 757
                  ATLCenter:

                  Now with that I agree.
                  Ahhh. Medellin, someday I will go back!!!

                  -Pete
                  Pete Ganabathi
                  Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

                  Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    yeah...your name kinda gave away that you are a Malayali. what part of Kerala are you from? I am from Kerala too. My hometown is the town of Palghat (or Palakkad). IT is some 50 kms from Coimbatore, andNH 47 bisects it. also, it is a bus ride away from Trissur. .I think most trains going north from trivandrum pass through it, since it is a major junction.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ATLcenter
                      Come on, CO....you know it is now too late to save the post...

                      Flying High:

                      I'll say that India is Paradise on Earth. In fact, I'd shout it out to the world. And I know that India is a poor-ass country where 40 percent are illiterate and all. the thing is, it's my paradise. Saudi Arabia may not be your paradise, but it may be sv's and you've gotta respect that, no matter the circumstances of the country...a webpage from Amnesty International does not truly mean that's how the country is. Statistics are worth only so much. Here is a CRUDE example: The signs on one road in India that I went on clearly stated that the speed limit was 50 kmph. HOwever, our taxi driver easily punched 80 on it....right past a cop. Logic and Statistics would dictate that we got pulled over...but instead, nothing happened. You have to be there and see it to experience it. I understand your angle, in that Saudi Arabia treats its women like crap, but you have to go there and see it. And pictures don't count, since the photographer is subjective on what to take.

                      Just my two cents.

                      PS, I don't see any reason why Colombia doesn't have to be your paradise on earth...
                      Hey, Colombia is Paradise on Earth for me, dude!!!

                      I think India is also an awesome country. I'm admired at how many minds that country produces, and the contributions of Indians to science are very valuable.

                      The Indian culture is really rich, and India is a democracy (although imperfect) surrounded by dictatorships and fiefdoms.

                      Overall, India and Colombia have some redeeming values.

                      I can't say the same about Saudi Arabia.

                      Saudi Arabia has no redeeming value at all, other than overpriced oil, the most sought man on Earth (Osama) and 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers.

                      This is Saudi Arabia: A absolute Islamic monarchy in which the people has no power whatsoever: No elected legislative branch, no elected Government, where a family rules by decree based on the Sharia, the draconian Islamic law.
                      Its laws are among the most repressive around the world: No free press, no free speech, oppression of women into virtual submission religious intolerance enacted as law.
                      A country that spends its huge oil fortune into stacking up its political and religious police, funding the lavish lifestyles of the Royals while the purchasing power of the common Saudi fades with each passing day, and funding Wahhabi Islamic brainwashing school and terrorist groups throughout the Middle East.

                      This is the country sv defends.

                      I understand you want to defuse this, but Saudi Arabia is not the country to defend. Remember, these people say they're our "friends", but who knows...

                      I'll keep on denouncing Saudi Arabia, even if it bothers any other people.


                      A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CO66
                        This thread is getting again.

                        Thread reminder......
                        What type of girls (or guys) are you attracted to?
                        You can say that again!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by [email protected]
                          Originally posted by Avianca 757
                          ATLCenter:

                          Now with that I agree.
                          Ahhh. Medellin, someday I will go back!!!

                          -Pete
                          When that day comes don't come without telling me!!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ATLcenter
                            yeah...your name kinda gave away that you are a Malayali. what part of Kerala are you from? I am from Kerala too. My hometown is the town of Palghat (or Palakkad). IT is some 50 kms from Coimbatore, andNH 47 bisects it. also, it is a bus ride away from Trissur. .I think most trains going north from trivandrum pass through it, since it is a major junction.
                            ATLcenter, what a coincidence!! My family's hometown is Trivandrum. But right now we have lots of family in Kochi and Aluva. So we get to see a lot of the place!!

                            How did my name give it away???? Just curious!!

                            -Pete
                            Pete Ganabathi
                            Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

                            Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Avianca 757
                              Originally posted by [email protected]
                              Originally posted by Avianca 757
                              ATLCenter:

                              Now with that I agree.
                              Ahhh. Medellin, someday I will go back!!!

                              -Pete
                              When that day comes don't come without telling me!!!
                              Avianca, you will be the first person I will contact thats for sure! I don't know anyone else down there!!!

                              Since this topic is about girls, do you like Shakira??

                              -Pete
                              Pete Ganabathi
                              Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

                              Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

                              Comment


                              • Well, it's a bit of deductive reasoning...

                                You told me you're Indian...
                                And I assumed Pete was your given name...

                                Pete is a Christian name, and the part of India with the greatest concentration of Christians is Kerala and Goa...

                                Goa, I ruled out due to size and population
                                So I was left with Kerala.

                                In case you were still wondering!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X