No announcement yet.

Delta Adopts Saudi Arabian Airlines' No Jew Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of the news outlets that picked up this story and ran with it without doing the least bit of research are now running a retraction similar to this one that is currently on the Huffington post story:

The RNS story on Delta Air Lines’ pending partnership with Saudi Arabian Airlines that was distributed on June 23 contained incomplete information about Saudi visa policies and U.S. Jews’ ability to fly Delta flights to Saudi Arabia. The story was not fully edited according to RNS standards:

--While Saudi Arabia does not allow non-Islamic religious articles within its borders, religious identity and a passenger’s religious articles are not barriers to flights on either Delta or Saudi Arabian Airlines flights.

-Airline alliance programs typically allow passengers on one airline to book tickets on another, or redeem frequent flyer points on partner airlines. On Friday, Delta said such “code-sharing” agreements will not be part of its alliance with Saudi Arabian Airlines, nor will Delta passengers be able to redeem Delta frequent flyer miles on the Saudi airline.

RNS takes very seriously its commitment to accuracy, balance and thorough reporting, and the June 23 story failed to meet those expectations. Steps are being taken to correct and improve our internal editing process. We regret that the story was transmitted with incomplete information, as well as any unintended implication that Delta would be adopting policies of the Saudi government
    Parlour Talker Extraordinaire

Comment

DL can put US Jewish people on SV code share flights, there is no issue there as long as their passport is not carrying an Israeli visa, but if they prefer not to travel on SV then DL can put them on another carrier.

But for DL to not fully cooperate with an alliance member, this SV need to take up with SkyTeam, if the European and other carriers in the alliance can put Jewish passengers be they US or from elsewhere on SV flights via code share why cant Delta.

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN View Post
        but also Israeli's who have converted to Islam.
        this shows your vast knowledge my friend. Tell me something, how does one convert his nationality into a religion?

Comment

If your story of bible tearing and non-muslims being whipped to convert is true then please note ll this is its NOT ALLOWED IN ISLAM, the Saudi's are not following it then and have taken on some self made deviant form of it.

My post was deleted and this abusive word stays posted by the moronic bigot which prompted me to cuss him in the first place, double standards.

I repeat the deleted post that no muslim country practices Saudi Wahabi style sharia, but ignorence is bliss for some who are not interested in learning the truth.
          let's get the story straight since it appears that censorship is alive and well around these here parts:

this entire thread is about saudi and no of the seemingly endless sects of isalm other than the brand practiced most uniformly in saudi. and as anyone who has not been sleeping for the past forty or so years, it appears as though every "imam" has his own brand of islam, not to mention hordes of followers just dying to kill in the name of their private version of isalm and of course, their version of allah.

your deleted post made ZERO mention of the word wahabi. you simply differentiated between saudi governance and muslim law, i.e., sharia law.

lastly, ill be very straightforward, i could care less about your "truth." i and the rest of the world have seen quite enough of the truth in the past 20 years. the islamic apologists do a great job of pointing the finger at "a few extremists." funny thing is, it seems that the few extremists have grown in numbers and have spread their particular brand of hatred and intolerance around the world. think malaysia, iran, iraq, yemen, somalia, syria, lebanon, egypt, morocco, the phillippines... and they are all wrong i suppose.

anywhoooooo, the point is that intolerance should not be tolerated by anyone. air france services saudi? france, the very same country that is busy outlawing muslim dress in public? hmmmm well, at least they're standing up for something. more than we can say for a lot of others out there...

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
            this shows your vast knowledge my friend. Tell me something, how does one convert his nationality into a religion?
            Israeli's are mostly Jews so best to identify them by their country also makes it seem more spicy discussion wise.

as for my knowledge it seems to be better than yours, I know there are many types of jews and alot dont follow the orthodox and ultra orthodox, you dont seem to know the differences between Muslims and Saudi Wahabi laws, where a woman has to be covered up, in Pakistani cities they can walk in public, drive, fly planes clad in anything not over reveling though there is no law against that either, enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
              Israeli's are mostly Jews so best to identify them by their country also makes it seem more spicy discussion wise.

as for my knowledge it seems to be better than yours, I know there are many types of jews and alot dont follow the orthodox and ultra orthodox, you dont seem to know the differences between Muslims and Saudi Wahabi laws, where a woman has to be covered up, in Pakistani cities they can walk in public, drive, fly planes clad in anything not over reveling though there is no law against that either, enough said.

for your lst post where you say the discussion is bout Saudi not other Muslim sects, then why did you say what you did in the original post that I replied to first, where you painted all muslims as the same.

Use the term Saudi to clarify not Muslim or Islamic.

Comment

oh that's rich! dump all the christians and muslims into one pot and call 'em all jews since they are israeli. excellent idea. where are you from exactly? lemme see if i can dump you into a pot since you find it fitting to do to others.

ahh so pakistan is under sharia law now is it. why don't you tell us all how much you know again. i think we may have missed it the first few times you said it.

i'm done trying to talk sense to you. you appear to be nothing more than an apologist.

Comment

How dumb are you? I said MOST as in MAJORITY of Israelis are JEWS, Israel is a JEWISH country, it was created in the name of JEWISH faith, it only allows immigration to JEWS, even the Christians there are increasingly converting to JEWISH religion according to survey.

Pakistan too was created in the name of ISLAM, the two countrys have this distinction of being the only ones in the world created on basis of religion.

Pakistan has been under Sharia since the 1970s if not earlier, its founders was secular Sharia is now part of the country's contitution, but largely British left secular laws are practiced in addition to having Sharia court for religious issues.

Ofcourse I'm an apologist, its my faith I have to defend it and clarify the lies, even if the weakest Muslim in practice, good riddince that you wont be responding.

Comment

Well - I know that this thread wasn't going to lead to anything good when I read the title, but contributed anyway to see what happened. However, by now I think it's time to close it down. Could someone of the moderatros please take care of it - or at least move it to the off-topic forum? Thanks in advance

Comment

I entirely agree Peter. The original story was a bit of a non starter really so....off to the Off Topic forum it goes..... >>>>>
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

How dumb are you? I said MOST as in MAJORITY of Israelis are JEWS, Israel is a JEWISH country, it was created in the name of JEWISH faith, it only allows immigration to JEWS
                        That's not true.

Yes, a majority of the Israelis are Jews, but what's are the Jews to begin with?
                        - It's a religion.
                        - And it's a people, a nation, with or without a country.

Now it's important to note that the Jewish people is not the same than the Israeli citizens, there was a Jewish people before Israel and there are still a lot of Jews (most of them) that are not Israel citizens.

There are a lot of Jews that don't even believe in God, and I'd risk to say that, today, in Israel, there are more Jews that don't believe in God than they do, not to mention those that do believe in god but don't follow the religious precepts.

Finally, it's simply not true that only Jews can immigrate to Israel.

I won't cheat saying that Israel and the Jews are two completely different things. Israel was created by the Jews and for the Jews (both the religious and the people meanings of what's a Jew).

But there are some important differences with other countries in the region:

- It's a real democracy, where all citizens vote (Jews, Christians, Muslims...)
                        - It's an open society, one that doesn't discriminate based only on the religion, citizenship, gender, political or sexual orientation. Again, I won't cheat you saying that there are some (even too many) persons that will discriminate as above, but at least that's not an official policy. You can convert from the Jewish religion to the Muslim one, you can be gay, you can be a woman, you can pray the Koran in public, or all of that at the same time, and nothing of that takes any of your rights out of you.
                        - The Law of Israel is NOT the law of God in any of its shapes. You are not jailed for working in Shabbat or for eating pig.

All in all, I'd say that while the Jewish religion is very important in Israel, more important than the local religions in any other Western country, and the religious people is Israel have more power than than the religious people in other western countries, Israel is more a country for the Jewish PEOPLE, no matter whether they believe in God or follow any of the religious precepts, and even further it's open to accept that people can have and practice other faiths, which could be even contrary to the Jewish faith, as long as it doesn't violate the laws of Israel. Example: My faith say that if my wife has another lover I can punish her with a whip. Can I do that in Israel? No, you can't. In fact she will not be punished at all. The most you can legally do about that is forgive her or request the divorce. My faith also says that every Saturday noon I have to attend by car to the temple of my Faith "The Lovers of the Snakes", where the Lectures of the Holy Snake are read in public and then we make the blessing of the food that reads "Holy Snake, we thank you for the bacon and cheese sandwich", then we eat said sandwiches while watching TV. Can I do that in Israel. Yes, yo can, and you can even print and sell your Holy Book in any bookstore and put an advertisement on the newspaper inviting the public to your temple next Shabbat where everyone that wants to will be converted for free. A lot of people won't like it, and you can have problems with persons, but if somebody wants to stop you from doing any of that using the force, THEY not you might end in the jail.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Working...
                        X