Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Pan Am" on ABC

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Pan Am" on ABC

    Moderators: If this has been posted in the wrong forum my apologies, I wasn't sure whether to post it in the aviation discussion forum or here in the off-topic, since it is about a T.V. show.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Hmm, at first I thought this was one of those mini-series, but then I visited the Facebook site. I don't know what to think of this, since Hollywood tends to get nothing right when it comes to aviation techinicalities, but we'll see I guess. Still, this is quite interesting.

    http://www.facebook.com/PanAmABC#!/PanAmABC?sk=info

  • #2
    Somehow they'll completely butcher it.

    It is basically going to be "Mad Men" set at an airline instead of an ad agency.

    The airline will be the backdrop. I will bet it will mostly be about backstabbing, cheating, sex, more sex, and continual personal conflicts, usually caused by sex.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by B757300 View Post
      Somehow they'll completely butcher it.

      It is basically going to be "Mad Men" set at an airline instead of an ad agency.

      The airline will be the backdrop. I will bet it will mostly be about backstabbing, cheating, sex, more sex, and continual personal conflicts, usually caused by sex.
      Glad i'm not the only one thinking that! I saw the trailer and looks pretty bad, I thought it would be about how the airline was running or life onboard Pan Am but it's almost got nothing to do with it.

      Sex is all tv is about nowadays, quite sad.
      Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

      Comment


      • #4
        Ahh, it is what I had been suspicious about then. Well, I won't be watching it, a waste of time-as are most new shows these days. Thanks for the heads-up lol.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by B757300 View Post
          The airline will be the backdrop. I will bet it will mostly be about backstabbing, cheating, sex, more sex, and continual personal conflicts, usually caused by sex.

          Well I'm Cabin crew and that sounds pretty accurate about airline life to me

          Anyway I'm sure they didn't film it just to appeal to aviation forum go-ers. Your average tv viewer isn't going to give a damn about technical accuracies, it's just the geeks that frequent these forums that will care. (yes i'm a self confessed plane geek before you start).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
            Well I'm Cabin crew and that sounds pretty accurate about airline life to me

            Anyway I'm sure they didn't film it just to appeal to aviation forum go-ers. Your average tv viewer isn't going to give a damn about technical accuracies, it's just the geeks that frequent these forums that will care. (yes i'm a self confessed plane geek before you start).
            I don't except it to be run like an aviation documentary, but knowing the media, they won't even get the basics right, stuff that actually will be important to the story.

            How long until a 707 is referred to as something else like a 747?

            Comment


            • #7
              The 707s in the show have rocket engines. Enough said.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Crunk415balla View Post
                The 707s in the show have rocket engines. Enough said.
                Those look like pretty accurate straight-pipers to me, at least in the previews I've seen.
                Trump is an idiot!
                Vote Democrats!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chris Kilroy View Post
                  Those look like pretty accurate straight-pipers to me, at least in the previews I've seen.
                  Eh, the one I saw in the previews before a movie was pretty over the top, the TV commercials I've seen don't look as cheesy.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It was pretty good - a pilot episode (no pun intended) is always going to spend some time setting up the story and the characters, but they did a good job here. I didn't see any outrageously wrong aviation stuff, and the DC-7 scenes from FRG were decent. I'll stick around for a while.
                    KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Christina Ricci is one of the main characters so I'm all in!!!

                      The show was a bit cheesy, but wasn't that the 60's?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Pan Am airliner footage?

                        Unfortunately I missed the premiere on Sunday.

                        Have they shown any decent airliner footage so far?

                        Anything new or not seen before in movies and TV?

                        Thanks

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Louis Gonzalez View Post
                          Unfortunately I missed the premiere on Sunday.

                          Have they shown any decent airliner footage so far?

                          Anything new or not seen before in movies and TV?

                          Thanks
                          From the clips that I was able to see, there appears to be a lot of computer animation/graphics. Its really sad to see such an iconic name in aviation being smothered/buried deep in Hollywood ........ you all get the picture!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Richard M. A. Wood View Post
                            From the clips that I was able to see, there appears to be a lot of computer animation/graphics. Its really sad to see such an iconic name in aviation being smothered/buried deep in Hollywood ........ you all get the picture!
                            I agree, especially when a 707 takesoff, it's so unrealistic...

                            Show wasn't too bad but already a kissing scene in it. Then again, that's how you attract viewers nowadays.
                            Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X