Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Airlines rumors ....!

Another bankruptcy ahead?
    A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

From this article, it seems as though things may get interesting:

"It recently gained government approval for joint ventures with British Airways, Japan Airlines and Qantas, allowing the airlines to work together to set prices and schedules on routes. The move gives American some of the benefits it would have seen through a merger. American is also in the process of trying to separate its unprofitable regional airline, American Eagle, into an independent airline."

flickr

Comment

All the alliance with BA etc means is that when I book a flight to the US and beyond I have to make damn sure that none of the sectors are operated by American. I flatly refuse to use that airline after some of the crap service I've had with them.
      Incidents include being bumped off of a flight that I booked 9 months previously to allow a US citizen on who had just turned up at the airport. Having my meal choice refused as being not available then seeing that choice given to someone else. American staff mostly seem to act like they are doing you a favour by letting you on board.
      My favoured US carrier is Continental but I have not flown with them since the United merger so I just hope that their excellent service hasn't been buggered up !
      Last edited by brianw999; 2011-10-07, 12:35.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
        Incidents include being bumped off of a flight that I booked 9 months previously to allow a US citizen on who had just turned up at the airport.
        Wow, really?? I don't disagree with what you say at all, I just find it very hard to believe! That is some serious discrimination

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by hdgrubb View Post
          Wow, really?? I don't disagree with what you say at all, I just find it very hard to believe! That is some serious discrimination
          Not a word of a lie. The check in clerk didn't realise I was nearby and listening when she told the person concerned that his need to get back to the states was greater than someone elses (like...me !) and that she would bump (her word) someone off as the flight was full. The body language indicated that the person was either an AA employee or personally known to her. This was when check in was close to closing which is one of the reasons why these days I make damn sure I'm first in line for check in or check in online and print my boarding pass.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
          X