Had my first solo this past week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had my first solo this past week

I've been absent from the forums for a while now and I thought I would come back to share some exciting news with everybody. Over the summer I began my training for my PPL and slowly progressed to the point that I was ready to solo around the end of August. Unfortunately, Mother Nature and an extremely busy schedule tried their best to postpone it as much as possible. Finally, this past Thursday I had the opportunity to solo. It was an absolutely exhilarating experience, one that I will for sure never forget. The first takeoff and landing were quite nerve-wracking and Cessna 152s sure climb a lot faster when you remove the weight of your instructor. It can be quite strange to look over to the right for the first time and not see another person there. The first landing was much smoother than I had expected it to be, as were the next two after that. Overall it was an incredible experience that has added on to my love of aviation even more. If I find the link to the video that was taken of it I will post it here later. Just thought I would share this news with some people who would helpfully appreciate it.

-Chris

Congratulations....

...did you get that "oh shit...there's no-one there" feeling the first time you looked to your right ?
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Well done Chris, and good luck.

Comment

Brian, I definitely had that feeling when I realized that I could see out the right side of the aircraft a lot easier than before. I had to do a double take before it really sank in that I was on my own. It sure climbs a lot faster though...

Thanks Murt!

-Chris

Comment

Outstanding job Chris.

I obtained my PPL this past April, and I still have fond memories of my first solo. Again, outstanding job on the solo. You will certainly enjoy the rest of your training.

Mike -

Comment

Originally posted by photosmart55 View Post
            Outstanding job Chris.

I obtained my PPL this past April, and I still have fond memories of my first solo. Again, outstanding job on the solo. You will certainly enjoy the rest of your training.

Mike -
            Thanks Mike! It is by far one of the most enjoyable experiences I have ever had. Its incredible how much fun it is. I often think to myself in the middle of a lesson "I'm...FLYING!" and it has yet to get old.

-Chris

Comment

Working...
            X