Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CI MD11 Video

Have you been in the video?

That's horrible! The plane hit very hard landing, and turn upside down.

How about the video...where is it?

And I don't think any of us were in the video...

DeltaASA16

Comment

...and I don't want to be part of that video either...

umm...where can you get that video, I'm very curious about the crash
      Check out my photos at jp.net! http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=613

Comment

It is kind of disturbing:

Quite a large file for download btw.

Comment

Re: CI MD11 Video

Originally posted by pbateson
          Have you been in the video?
          I hope not!!!
          Click & Help

ONE

Comment

I saw the video yesterday from A.net and its so horrible. I'm stunned, but glad of course that all but 3 people lived in that crash. It looks horrible, and infact that plane should not have been landing in those conditions, as you can clearly see the pilot has virtually no control of the plane on landing! They should have gone around! Still very scary scene!

-Pete
            Pete Ganabathi
            Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

Re:

Man, that looked downright nasty!

For those of you who are curious about the details, I got the following info from airdisaster.com and the NTSB site (not the actual wording, I'm just condensing the info into my own words):

The MD 11's pilot was battling a 24-knot crosswind on final. However, just as he did the flare, the right wing slammed the ground. According to the NTSB's preliminary report, the wing and right main gear seperated from the fuselage and the aircraft flipped over, and skidded to a halt.

200 of the 315 pax on board suffered injuries. 3 pax were killed.

The fire was near the rear of the aircraft, which is why it looks as if though the entire aircraft was engulfed in flames.

If that were the case, this could have been a lot worse than it actually was.

Comment

I've watched that several times and it does not appear to me that the right wing strikes the ground prior to the flames erroupting, despite the poor quality you can see where the wing tip is the entire time through the white lights on the wing, anyone else see it or is it just an illusion...

Comment

I cannot get it to work?

Comment

Replay the video and pause it jsut before the flames. Then go frame by frame and you will see the wing DID NOT hit the ground. It looked more like a hard landing, maybe the strut went through the wing tank..

Comment

Yeah, the wing DOES NOT hit the ground.
                      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Perhaps a really nasty engine strike then... the anticollision lights on the wing tips is elevated above the ground at the time of impact making it hard to believe that the wing stuck the ground before the explosion.

DeltaASA16

Comment

Originally posted by NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
                          I saw the video yesterday from A.net and its so horrible. I'm stunned, but glad of course that all but 3 people lived in that crash. It looks horrible, and infact that plane should not have been landing in those conditions, as you can clearly see the pilot has virtually no control of the plane on landing! They should have gone around! Still very scary scene!

-Pete

It's 3 people killed in the crash, not 3 people survived the crash!

anyway it looks really nasty
                          Check out my photos at jp.net! http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=613

Comment

Originally posted by NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
                            all but 3 people lived in that crash
                            Read that closely again N27105 :P

DeltaASA16

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
                              Replay the video and pause it jsut before the flames. Then go frame by frame and you will see the wing DID NOT hit the ground. It looked more like a hard landing, maybe the strut went through the wing tank..
                              Something off the right main gear had to have gone through the fuel cell. I wonder if the fact that it was landing at more of a sideways angle due to the crosswind had anything to do with it, NTSB might want to review this one as this new video has sprung up...

Comment

Working...
                              X