I'm Going to India!!! :) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Going to India!!! :) :)

Yes, it has finally happened! There is a 90% chance that I will go to India by the time the year's out. It started on Monday evening when my dad came home and announced that his company was forcing it's contractors to take a two week holiday...I think it's for some employer-contracter relations deal.

All the same, my dad has two weeks to kill, and I get three weeks off for Christmas. We spoke for a long time about what we could do together, since we're kinda pals. We've been to New York together twice, and India twice, but never in December. I suggested our family of four could high-tail it off to San Francisco, which is a place my entire family loves...

And he said that it'd been two years since seeing India and his mom, sisters, brothers, etc...so my dad and I came to the conclusion that both of us wanted to go to India...

So that's that...If I play my cards right and find a cheap enough fare, i get to go to India, and see my cousins for the first time in over a year... All I have to do is find cheap enough fares to go for the two of us (in coach!) and I'm home free...!

Just thought I'd write this before the initial excitement wears out...

Uh,........yea?

Comment

Oh whew...I thought this was "Huge News" From Pete!

DeltaASA16

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
        Oh whew...I thought this was "Huge News" From Pete!

DeltaASA16
        You just wait Adam, next week everyone here will know my "big news"!!!.......hopefully!!!

-Pete
        Pete Ganabathi
        Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

Re: I'm Going to India!!!

Originally posted by ATLcenter
          Yes, it has finally happened! There is a 90% chance that I will go to India by the time the year's out. It started on Monday evening when my dad came home and announced that his company was forcing it's contractors to take a two week holiday...I think it's for some employer-contracter relations deal.

All the same, my dad has two weeks to kill, and I get three weeks off for Christmas. We spoke for a long time about what we could do together, since we're kinda pals. We've been to New York together twice, and India twice, but never in December. I suggested our family of four could high-tail it off to San Francisco, which is a place my entire family loves...

And he said that it'd been two years since seeing India and his mom, sisters, brothers, etc...so my dad and I came to the conclusion that both of us wanted to go to India...

So that's that...If I play my cards right and find a cheap enough fare, i get to go to India, and see my cousins for the first time in over a year... All I have to do is find cheap enough fares to go for the two of us (in coach!) and I'm home free...!

Just thought I'd write this before the initial excitement wears out...

I totally know your feeling!

I go to India every year! This year we flew Air India from EWR for only 900 bucks!!! It's the cheapest I've ever flown to India on!

Hopefully you can try the new AC flight! Where do you usually go? DEL or BOM?

I go to BOM, since thats where my grandparents live.

Sweet man, that'll be awesome! I want to go to India soon. Lucky!

-Pete
          Pete Ganabathi

Comment

Re:

Cool beans! I bet ur looking forward to it!

Yah, there's a pretty good chance that I'll get to go by May/June.

Happy Flying!

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by Foxtrot
              Cool beans! I bet ur looking forward to it!

Yah, there's a pretty good chance that I'll get to go by May/June.

Happy Flying!
              Thats usually when I go!

This year I went on May 8th and came back on the 25th since I had the internship at Midwest Airlines on the 1st of June. Many summers, I have spent the entire 3 months in India. I love that, but I don't think I can ever do that again. Oh well,

Have fun!!!!

-Pete
              Pete Ganabathi

Comment

That's great. Now that i've moved here, I'll be visiting India all the less frequently, so I guess excitement really builds up when we finally get to go!
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Cool. I'm headin back to Toulouse in December for two weeks. Should be fun. Flying AA LAX-JFK, IB JFK-MAD and IB MAD-TLS. I am praying for JFK-MAD to be a 346...

-Clovis

Comment

I am praying for JFK-MAD to be a 346...
                    Hah! Keep praying... :P
                    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                      Cool. I'm headin back to Toulouse in December for two weeks. Should be fun. Flying AA LAX-JFK, IB JFK-MAD and IB MAD-TLS. I am praying for JFK-MAD to be a 346...

-Clovis
                      Wow Clovis that should be a lot of fun! Just to warn you on IB though! They are known for their not so great service!! Most everyone who has flown them has told me this...so then I thought yes I have to really try it for myself and see how bad they are......I flew JFK - MAD - BCN in 96 and the thing was the outbound was terrible all the way up to BCN, but the inbound to JFK was really nice...the crew was very friendly. That was also on an A340, but not the -600s. That itself would be a cool reason to fly IB! Hope you have a good flight!

-Pete
                      Pete Ganabathi

Comment

I usually go to India with AF/DL or KL/NW (same thing i guess, now... since AF/KL is there). I also go in May-June and come back by mid August. However, this is a tag-along trip with my dad, so I'm going in December. This is the first time since 1991 that i will be in India in December (though I was there in summer 2002). SO yeah....

Where did you get the 900 buck flight to india? most of the stuff i've seen starts at 1800!

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                          Where did you get the 900 buck flight to india? most of the stuff i've seen starts at 1800!
                          My parents have this travel agent in Houston, who got us this deal this Feb..it was an Air India deal....NW actually matched the price if I remember..for them it was 953 bucks..So thats why we picked AI cause we saved 50 bucks on each ticket...there were 5 of us! Plus we were coming back in only 3 weeks so that was also part of the deal!!

-Pete
                          Pete Ganabathi

Comment

Ah...so that'd be off season. Yeah, we got pretty cheap stuff when mi dad and I went to BOm in November. I guess NWA isnt too big on raising fares for Diwali break!

Comment

Yeah I heard IB wasn't the best. That is why I'm praying for it to be EC-INO

-Clovis

Comment

Working...
                              X