That's it...I'm giving up driving....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's it...I'm giving up driving....

....especially after watching this. HOLY CRAP !!!

If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

I just notice that all these drivers are over speeding! If they would have kept to the rules, nothing would have happened!

Comment

True Car-nage, thanks for sharing
      Last edited by rmk2112; 2012-06-12, 18:31.

Comment

"Dieses Video wurde entfernt, weil es gegen die YouTube-Richtlinie zu schockierendem und abstoßendem Content verstößt.
        Das tut uns leid."
        In English? Well, let me just switch...
        This video's been removed, because it is not conform with a YouTube-guideline concerning 'shocking and vulgar contents'... Sorry.

But even if I can't watch this video, I know that this topic is not always funny like the usual car tuning videos.

A couple of days ago, I remember that I had found a video (or was it a newspaper article) that must've been similar... 3 or 4 (male) kids, just old enough to get the US drivers license (16 or how old do you have to be?), that used a BMW M5 limousine as a plane: they drove onto a private airstrip to test the M5 engine, it must have been almost like a LH-B744 take off, set parking brakes, thr ctrl, and go. But they had zero metres of wingspan, and they forgot about the 50ft obstacles at the end of the runway.

By the way, how is a 57 year old pilot with ATPL license able to make the same mistake as these four kids? And the man even was in advantage, because he indeed had wings in the moment when he and his passenger Jim Croce kissed a tree on September 20th, 1973. Well, at least Mr Croces music lives on in the people who like him ("I got a Name",...). But I am not proud that I am older than him in the moment when he died.

The result was, the car ended up in pieces high in the 50 ft trees beyond the hill at the end of the rwy. I don't have to talk about the bodies... An experienced driver knows what 160 mph really mean (not to be confused with 160 kias..).

And I only start the engine (of a car) if all passengers have fastened their seat belts... . . . . .

I am still driving, but these fatalities still have an impact on me. I've never since underestimated the power of one engine.
        Please fasten your seat belts. In German (I don't have his brilliant voice, and I don't remember his name, was it Egon Hoegen of "Der 7. Sinn"? The words are the same. I believe there are jp members who can help me.): Bitte fahren Sie sicher, immer.
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2012-11-18, 08:56. Reason: Is every prop a/c able to perform IFR flights (vis 1/2 or 1/8)?
        The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
        This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
        X