Solo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo.

I had my first solo on Friday. Took me exactly 20 hours of flight time and 1 month and 1 day from the start of training.
    The airport was Kay Larkin Airport (28J) in Palatka, FL which is halfway between St. Augustine and Gainsville.
    My plane was "Riddle 475" or N475ER.
    Did three circuits in the pattern. Then dropped off Lance my instructor and did three by myself. Picked him up and flew home to Daytona. Afterwards I got the shirt tail treatment.
    Here are some pics taken by my bud Eric.

Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Looks like your instructor is trying to figure out how to spell your last name in the third photo!

Seriously, congratulations Mike!

I remember my first solo like it was yesterday, and you'll never get quite the same feeling again!
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

What is the shirt tail treatment, it sounds dodgy...
      I walked across an empty land
      I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
      I felt the earth beneath my feet
      Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Thanks Chris.
        Its an old tradition where your instructor cuts the back of your shirt off after you go on your solo.
        Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Congrats Mike! 20 hours in 30 days! Wow! THats a lot of Flying!

Its gonna be forever till I get to solo a Riddle plane... Not sure If there are any Solo lessons in the Instrument course... (also means I pay top dollar for each lesson)

DeltaASA16

Comment

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Congrats Mike.

Fred, ur signature - lol
              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Congrats Mike, definately worth the wait. Too bad you didn't do it at UND though . J/k enjoy the rest of your flying there. At least you dont have to do preflight at -20F

Comment

Working...
                X