Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA 1818
    replied
    I love spaghetti as much as the next guy, but how about something more healthy. I mean, I understand fully - cheap, hearty and long-lasting, but isn't that the point of growing up, we evolve a little more. How about some more 'healthy' or 'gourmet' meals, with the challenge of making them cheap.

Another consideration - post the price of the meal at the end, if you can.

Oh, and how about some local cuisine, you know things that are your local specialty (that you are likely to find cheap in your area).

My last and most important point; CONGRATS ON GOING TO LAW SCHOOL! You'll be one of them there lawyers soon, and school will learn yuh good!

Congrats again!

Leave a comment:

• ConcordeBoy
    started a topic VIDEO: College Cooking - Spaghetti

VIDEO: College Cooking - Spaghetti

I wanted to name it "Cooking for Absolute Dumbasses-in-the-kitchen," but that probably wouldn't fly... so we'll settle with this.

This place is always full of contrasting opinions... thus, I'm introducing it here, because I want your feedback on it!

So welcome to the first of what I hope to become a simplistic and fun series of very *BASIC* home cooking.

After more than a decade outta college, I'm going back, for law school... and won't have a job, so I'm remembering what it was like to eat decently on the cheap. I made a tyrant's ransom cooking for my dormmates back in the undergrad days, because none of them had the FAINTEST idea of what to do in the kitchen.... and many cooking shows already assume a basic competency in the kitchen, or feature meals that 99% of us would never make at home for ourselves. So I figured I'd try my hand at creating a series of comfort foods, so easy, that anyone can do it.

Here, I chose one of my all-time favorites: "Freddie Spaghetti" ... named for, well, me!

This is also the first of my vids where I monologue, and yes, I realize that I have a lot of work to do on the "ums," "uhs," and "likes!"

Also, I realize that the vibrating/trembling sucks!
    I fully plan to invest in stabilizing equipment. But I wanted to go ahead and put this one out, and gauge the reaction. I think it'll go well!

So give me TONS of feedback. Let me know what you liked, didn't like, want to see more/less of, etc! Let's make this interactive, educational, and above all else... fun!
Working...
X