French people confuse me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French people confuse me

France opposes war and it is confusing until you realize the french don't believe in government capitulations. They had 3 revolutions in 50 years once and they still came out of it with a king. They think monarchies(or dictatorships are the way things should be.

I dont understand with all those long words.

Whats a capitulations?
    | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

overthrow

Comment

Re: French people confuse me

Originally posted by Greg
        They had 3 revolutions in 50 years once and they still came out of it with a king. They think monarchies(or dictatorships) are the way things should be.
        France is lead by a chosen president, right? At least it was the last time I checked. Maybe I don't understand you correctly.

As far as monarchies go, a few countries that do not oppose war, such as the UK and the Netherlands are in fact monarchies...So when you link "monarchy" to "opposing war"............I just don't understand your post I guess. It's getting late

grtz

Comment

The only reason I put this post is because nobody in the forums ever talks. I could care less what anyone does. If I was President I would legalize marijuana and lift all trade embargos. But I don't care enought to run. That is my attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
            The only reason I put this post is because nobody in the forums ever talks. I could care less what anyone does. If I was President I would legalize marijuana and lift all trade embargos. But I don't care enought to run. That is my attitude.
            Maybe people have other things to do insted of posting messages on these forums
            | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

Then why are they here?

Comment

I just don't understand their hypocrisy and stupidity. Their loss.

They sure do a good job at making us wish we hadn't liberated them in WWII though....
                Zach Galifinakis
                Chat Administrator

Comment

Hypocrisy and stupidity

you're calling people hypocritical and stupid?

and how do YOU explain banning a whole country from your chat channel?

Some would suggest that is hypocritical and stupid.

ADG
                  ADG
                  No makeovers please .....

Comment

They sure do a good job at making us wish we hadn't liberated them in WWII though....
                    Come on man, don't state such bullshit. That's just as lame as wishing that Europe hadn't "discovered" America...

Comment

ADG

I did not ban an entire country from the chat. To my knowledge, three users from Australia have been banned due to improper conduct. We have users visit from all over the world, including Australians, most of whom behave themselves and contribute to a positive chat environment. Unfortunately not all do.

FMS

I was going for humor.
                      Zach Galifinakis
                      Chat Administrator

Comment

I like France. I think most French people are good people. I like French food. I think French women are extremely sexy, sultry and I much prefer them to American girls (sorry, but they take better care of themselves!). I like French wine. I like French cigarettes. I think Paris is a beautiful city and CDG is a cool airport for spotting.

What astounds me is France’s attitude. I have no problem with the fact that they are against war. War truly is a terrible thing and should be avoided at all costs. Hell, I’m not entirely convinced of the need to go to war when our economy is in the toilet and we still have al-Qaeda terrorists to go after. I just don’t think the French (especially Chirac) are being honest about their reasons for not going to war. They say that war is terrible and is the morally wrong thing to do, but what are they doing in the Ivory Coast? And what about their nuclear weapons testing on the French Polynesians Islands? Those aren’t peaceful moves. Regardless of whether they are justified or not, chiding someone else when they are guilty of the same thing only makes them look like hypocrites.

I believe the French just don’t want to lose their interests in Iraq and lose the cozy relationship they have with Hussein. I also think they’re afraid of the reactions of their six or so million Muslim inhabitants in their country. Those are fine and are good reasons for not wanting a war, but at least be up front about it! Russia and China don’t want war because they don’t want to lose their interests with the present regime in Iraq, but at least they say so. I haven’t heard of any visceral reaction in this country towards China and Russia.

Maybe the French could learn a lesson in honesty from them…

Comment

Originally posted by N400QX
                          I was going for humor.
                          Better to put a smilie at such humor. I've already seen enough quarrels between French and Americans, because of such remarks.

Comment

Iceman makes a good point. Ah it's all political. Leaders never seem to want to manifest their true agenda, they would rather disguise it behind some rhetoric. I guess it spares them the scrutiny......

Many involved in this issue all have secret agendas:

France-drills for oil in iraq. gets oil for very cheap. other trading done.

Germany-drilling for oil in iraq. gets oil for very cheap. other trading done.

Russia-they sell arms to Iraq. Russia isn't a wealthy country, selling arms to the Iraqis helps to alleviate this. Russia also get a lot of it's oil (cheap oil) from Iraq.

China-also receives oil from iraq for cheap. also trades with iraq

America-wants a new friendly government who help project american influence in the region and help protect US interests.

No don't get me wrong. These are not the one and only reasons for the decisions of these countries, but these are some of the more discreet reasons.

Comment

Name the odd-one out below:

France-drills for oil in iraq. gets oil for very cheap. other trading done.

Germany-drilling for oil in iraq. gets oil for very cheap. other trading done.

Russia-they sell arms to Iraq. Russia isn't a wealthy country, selling arms to the Iraqis helps to alleviate this. Russia also get a lot of it's oil (cheap oil) from Iraq.

China-also receives oil from iraq for cheap. also trades with iraq

America-wants a new friendly government who help project american influence in the region and help protect US interests.

Of course America, should be:

America-wants to drill for oil in Iraq, gets oil very cheap, other trading done.

Any questions??

Regards,
                              Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X