Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody stole my laptop

Well,

As I said before, I just found out that someone stole my laptop from my room. I won't be on as much and only be able to use public computers at the club here to check my emails and such. Probably next month I will get a cheap computer and be able to connect online.

Anyway, i gotta get going and I'll check back this week.

Kevin

Kevin,
    Did you report it? I would. And notify the pawn shops near the base.

Comment

that's gotta hurt... curses to the one who stole your laptop! oddly enough, I know too many people who have lost something valuable...starting with my sister, who lost her wallet (credit cards, drivers license and all!) on the subway!

Comment

Man, I hope it wasn't a Mac.
        CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

My deepest condolences... One can imagine that stepping on / loosing / getting your laptop stolen isn't one of the greatest feelings! (Stepping on it being by far the worse and most feared!)

Be strong, comrade.

Comment

Originally posted by CheckSix
            Yeah I know.. I'd feel sorry for the guy who stole it!!!!!

"You can run but you'll die tired."
            Semper Fidelis
            United States Marine Corp !

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianDC10
              My deepest condolences... One can imagine that stepping on / loosing / getting your laptop stolen isn't one of the greatest feelings! (Stepping on it being by far the worse and most feared!)

Be strong, comrade.
              I think stolen is worse. Broken you usually still have a OK Hard drive for data extraction. I had to work on an IBM Stinkpad that was run over by a car on the LIE. Customer left it on the roof. Data, 100% fine. Moved it into the same model laptop and ran it long enough to back up all data.

I feel for you

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by Boeing752R
                Originally posted by CheckSix
                Yeah I know.. I'd feel sorry for the guy who stole it!!!!!

Well considering the fact that I don't take sides in the Mac vs. PC issue I can take it both ways.
                CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

Jeff,

No I didn't report it becuase I know it's not in Virginia Beach or around. In fact, it was my roommate who I was stuck with for the last 2 months. He checked out of the command, being discharged out of the navy for bad conduct, ie underage drinker, getting arrested, being UA for 2 months. He left home to Alabama and took a Greyhound last night before I got back. That's how I know I'll get it back.

No, it's not a mac, it was actually more expensive then a mac. It was a Hewlett Packard brand.

When I get back next month, I will get it replaced to a cheaper one or might be thinking of getting a desktop for $500. If not thinking about getting a cheap Compaq or a Dell laptop. And yes, I had my laptop hidden and not in sight, but this loser still searched around and found it. Another thing, he stole his friend's PS2 that he borrowed.

I'm not worried about the laptop becuase it was getting old but all that files I had like FS2002 and all the payware sceneries, panels, and aircrafts. ALL GONE.

Most likely it will be pawned somewhere in Alabama since he doesn't have access to my desktop becuase he doesn't know my sercurity password. And by the way, I might have his address and telephone number of where he lives from his arrest documents 2 months ago.

v/r

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                  X