Going back to sea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going back to sea

Well guys, the navy has called me to go back to sea. I'm flying out to San Diego this Saturday to catch the Stennis at NASNI and we're going underway on Sunday morning for Comprehensive Tactical Unit Exercise. We may likely to hit a port hopefully either Hawaii or Bremerton, WA....Jeff, you can comment or add on something here since you have more sea time then I do. I will be taking more pictures but no much becuase my laptop got stolen so I have to save the photos on the memory card till I get a new computer. Hopefully we'll get some Tomcats flying which we may becuase VF-31 might be going with us.

Anyway, we're planning on being underway for a month and we'll pull back into San Diego on Nov. 22 and then i'll be flying back home.

Cya guys in a couple weeks.

I'll try to provide my email when im on the carrier. Til then.

Kevin

Kevin,
    You might be able to catch some "Hoovers" at North Island. I enjoyed your last set of "At sea" photos and will look forward to the next batch. If I had it all to do again, I would take advantage of the killer sunsets, and get some artistic looking shots. Everybody and their brother has action shots on the boat. Also, save some shots for the airwing "show" and fly off before pulling back in.

And most importantly, watch your ass out there. Have fun.

Jeff

Comment

Bremerton.
      CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

Well,

Thanks Jeff, I will watch my ass, definatly.

Anyway, We are leaving Friday morning out of KNTU, NAS Oceana Apollo Soucek Airfield and we're flying military as VF-31 will be joining with us, so no commercial transportation. So that will be interesting. My guess is that we'll be either on a dumpy C-9 (DC-9) or a nice military version Boeing 737-700.

About an hour ago, I did see two large jets landing here, I couldn't tell what it was becuase it was dark, so my best guess is that one of them will be hauling me to NASNI. THere will be two aircrafts that will be taking us.

Anyway, I will see you guys on Nov. 22 when we get back.
        Take care

Kevin

Comment

have fun!
          Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Have fun out there Kevin and as Jeff said, stay safe. Take it easy.

Comment

Goo luck sailor! were proud of you!
              Welcome to Buckeye City! They call me Mr.sniffles

Comment

Good luck to wherever you go! And don't forget jp.net
                Check out my photos at jp.net! http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=613

Comment

As for the flight,

It was a 40 year old C-9B Skytrain equivlent to a DC-9-32. (Spirit of Yorktown) Our left seat pilot was a commander and I didn't get his name. We left out of NAs Oceana at around 11am with VF-31 so we were late becuase of all the gear AND baggage being loaded. It was an interesting flight. We had a stopover at Forbes Air Force Base in Topeka, Kanasa to get some lunch and to get the -9 refueled and headed to North Island. The approach was awesome coming from over the Pacific to over Coronado. Very nice.

I'll cya when I get back.

Thanks for the support

Kevin

Comment

Have a great sail... and be sure to not drop the soap!

No, we are all proud of you and the rest of men in uniform!

DeltaASA16

Comment

I live in Everett. :P

There is a navy station in Everett.

Comment

Well kevin is back on dry land. Because of the fires in the South the stennis is coming back.

"The Stennis had been conducting training exercises off the Pacific Coast, preparing for an upcoming deployment. Geisen told CNN the ship will return to sea within 24 to 48 hours "and will leave behind those sailors whose families are affected" by the fires. "

Nick

Comment

Working...
                        X