Australia Moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia Moves

After what witnesses described as an all night blinder during which it kept droning on about how it was always being bloody ignored by the whole bloody world and would bloody well stand to do something about it, Australia this morning woke up to find itself in the middle of the North Atlantic.

"Good Lord, that was a booze up," said a bleary-eyed Australian Prime Minister, John Howard, speaking from his residence at Kirribilli House, approximately 600 nautical miles east of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina.

According to Australians and residents of several countries destroyed or lewdly insulted during the continent's nearly 7,000-mile saltwater stagger, the binge began just after noon yesterday at a pub in Brisbane, where several patrons were discussing Australia Day (Jan. 26) and the nation's general lack of respect from abroad.

"It started off same as always; coupla fossils saying how our Banjo Patterson was a better poet than Walt Whitman, how Con the Fruiterer is funnier than Seinfeld, only they're Aussies so no one knows about 'em," recalled witness Michael Ewen. "Then this bloke Martin pipes up and says "Australia's main problem is that it's stuck in Australia, and everybody says 'Too right!'""

"Well, it made sense at the time," Ewen added.

By 2 a.m., powered by national pride and alcohol, the 3-million-square-mile land mass was barging eastward through the Coral Sea and crossing into the central Pacific, leaving a trail of beer cans and Chinese take-aways in its wake.

When dawn broke over the Northern Hemisphere, the continent suddenly found itself smack in the middle of the Atlantic, and according to most of its 19 million inhabitants, that's the way it's going to stay.

"We sent troops to Afghanistan. You never hear about it. We have huge government scandals. You never hear about it. It's all 'America did this,' and 'Europe says that,'" exclaimed Perth resident Arron Gunthorpe. "Well, we're right in the thick of things now, so let's just see if you can ignore us."

Officials on both sides of the Atlantic conceded that would be difficult. "They broke Florida," said U.S. State Department spokesman Richard Boucher. "And most of Latin America is missing."

Meanwhile, victims of what's already been dubbed the "Australian Crawl" are still shaking off the event.

"Australia bumped into us at about midnight local time," said the Spanish President Juan Carlos. "They were very friendly, they always seem friendly but they refused to go around unless we answered their questions. But the questions were impossible! Who is Ian Thorpe? Do you have any Tim Tams? What day is Australia Day?'"

"Fortunately, somebody here had an Unimportant World Dates calendar and we aced the last one," President Carlos added.

By late morning today, however, not everyone in Australia was quite so blithe. "We've still got part of Jamaica stuck to Queensland," said Australian army commander Lt. Gen. Peter Cosgrove. "I think we might have declared war on it. I don't bloody remember. Maybe it's time to go home."

Cosgrove, however, is not in the majority, and at press time, U.S., African, and European leaders were still desperately trying to negotiate for Australia's withdrawal. But the independent-minded Aussies were not making it easy.

In a two-hour meeting at midday, Australian representatives listed their demands:

1 Immediate inclusion in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization,

2 A permanent CNN presence in all 6 Australian states,

3 A worldwide ban on hiring Paul Hogan,

4 A primetime U.S. television contract for Australian Rules Football,

U.S. negotiators immediately walked out, calling the Australian Rules Football request "absurd."

From http://www.stuffucanuse.com/aussie_windows/am.htm
    I walked across an empty land
    I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
    I felt the earth beneath my feet
    Sat by the river and it made me complete

Who Paul Hogan? He is an actor outback person?

Comment

Originally posted by pbateson
      Who Paul Hogan? He is an actor outback person?
      Crocodile Dundee

(He is an example of a typical Australian)
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

What about New Zealand? I'm sure they tagged along as they wouldn't want to be left all alone. We all know they secretly want to be a part of Australia.

Comment

Thank God they have moved closer to Peterborough. That long trip to our friends in Melbourne and Adelaide hurts the pocketbook.

Good to know John Howard will be close to his buddy George W. This means Australia can become the Americans best friend and they will stop pooping all over Canada (get your shovels out my Aussie friends...you will need it). Get ready for "Free" Trade!"

Comment

I have the shovel and raincoat ready! If they had only made the move earlier it wouldn't have been so far to bring our 50 000 sheep home!

Comment

I particularly like the part with "Spanish President Juan Carlos"!

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                Thank God they have moved closer to Peterborough. That long trip to our friends in Melbourne and Adelaide hurts the pocketbook.

Good to know John Howard will be close to his buddy George W. This means Australia can become the Americans best friend and they will stop pooping all over Canada (get your shovels out my Aussie friends...you will need it). Get ready for "Free" Trade!"
                Bah, Canada: A bunch of ingrates!!!

You guys would be nothing if not for the "despicable" US.

Talk about biting the feeding hand...

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

Hmmmm. I don't remember asking to be taken over!. The American's best friends seem to be "hewers of water, drawers of wood".

Anyway it's a government thing. People dislike governments because of their policies, its not generally the people themselves they hate.

George W has taken a shine to the Aussies (some of my best friends live there too) as he has visited Australia twice now and has had John up to the ranch. GeorgeW has failed to make the short trip to Ottawa and has not invited our P.M. down for a burger. At least George's Dad is a gentleman!

Comment

Typical Australian? how do you decribe a typical aussie?
                    Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Originally posted by Ansett
                      Typical Australian? how do you decribe a typical aussie?
                      By reading half of your posts, Ansett, a typical Aussie would be described as someone who writes one-word posts or writes in incomplete sentences. (Only kidding )

Seriously, though, a typical Aussie is the image that comes to mind when a foreigner thinks of Australia. And I think many of them would think of Crocodile Dundee or Steve Irwin as 'typical Aussies'. It's not a bad thing. It's just all about perceptions. Just as my perception of a 'typical New Zealander' is a sheep. (Sorry, Kat!)
                      AIRIGAMI.NET
                      http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying High

Yeh, ptbodale, I agree with Flying High. All you Canadians should be a lot more grateful to the U.S., kind of like Colombia. See, Colombia would be nothing without Americans snorting or smoking their chief exports...

Flying High, have you ever heard of irony? I knew Norwegians have difficulty with the concept of irony (I understand their is no word for irony in the Norwegian language), but I did not know that it extended to Colombians as well. There was no need to jump down ptbodale's throat like that...
                        AIRIGAMI.NET
                        http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

Yes that is the trouble with typing and not hearing the persons voice. You never know if they are smiling when they are typing or they have a hate on from too much or too little coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Airigami
                            Originally posted by Flying High

Yeh, ptbodale, I agree with Flying High. All you Canadians should be a lot more grateful to the U.S., kind of like Colombia. See, Colombia would be nothing without Americans snorting or smoking their chief exports...

Flying High, have you ever heard of irony? I knew Norwegians have difficulty with the concept of irony (I understand their is no word for irony in the Norwegian language), but I did not know that it extended to Colombians as well. There was no need to jump down ptbodale's throat like that...
                            Don't worry, I'm immune to Colombian drug jokes... but the consequences are still felt in my country.

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

sh!t

By reading half of your posts, Ansett, a typical Aussie would be described as someone who writes one-word posts or writes in incomplete sentences. (Only kidding )
                              Do i dot that? sorry while in CAD its hard to eat luch talk and write at the same time! Sorry i will try and finish my sentance.............................................. maybe jut maybe
                              Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Working...
                              X