Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ansett
    replied
    hmmm it is, i stil find my lunch between the keyboards!

Leave a comment:

• Cubana
    replied
    Originally posted by Ansett
    Typical Australian? how do you decribe a typical aussie?
    Kangaroo?

Leave a comment:

• ptbodale
    replied
    I wouldn't say Paul Hogan is typical either (as is Red Green for Canada), however I know alot of Canadians and alot of Australians that come close in some of their traits. And there isn't anything wrong with that either.

Leave a comment:

• ADG
    replied
    Paul Hogan is *NOT* a typical Australian ..

Nor, before it's mentioned, is Steve Irwin ..

Saw that article a couple of years ago .. funny then, funny now ... although if you visit www.satirewire.com you'll find heaps of funny stuff (assuming it's still online) ..

Leave a comment:

• Airigami
    replied
    Do i dot that? sorry while in CAD its hard to eat luch talk and write at the same time! Sorry i will try and finish my sentance.............................................. maybe jut maybe
    I did exaggerate a little! Lunch and typing are a dangerous combination...

Leave a comment:

• Ansett
    replied
    sh!t

By reading half of your posts, Ansett, a typical Aussie would be described as someone who writes one-word posts or writes in incomplete sentences. (Only kidding )
    Do i dot that? sorry while in CAD its hard to eat luch talk and write at the same time! Sorry i will try and finish my sentance.............................................. maybe jut maybe

Leave a comment:

• Flying High
    replied
    Originally posted by Airigami
    Originally posted by Flying High
    Bah, Canada: A bunch of ingrates!!!

You guys would be nothing if not for the "despicable" US.

Talk about biting the feeding hand...
    Yeh, ptbodale, I agree with Flying High. All you Canadians should be a lot more grateful to the U.S., kind of like Colombia. See, Colombia would be nothing without Americans snorting or smoking their chief exports...

Flying High, have you ever heard of irony? I knew Norwegians have difficulty with the concept of irony (I understand their is no word for irony in the Norwegian language), but I did not know that it extended to Colombians as well. There was no need to jump down ptbodale's throat like that...
    Don't worry, I'm immune to Colombian drug jokes... but the consequences are still felt in my country.

Leave a comment:

• ptbodale
    replied
    Yes that is the trouble with typing and not hearing the persons voice. You never know if they are smiling when they are typing or they have a hate on from too much or too little coffee.

Leave a comment:

• Airigami
    replied
    Originally posted by Flying High

Yeh, ptbodale, I agree with Flying High. All you Canadians should be a lot more grateful to the U.S., kind of like Colombia. See, Colombia would be nothing without Americans snorting or smoking their chief exports...

Flying High, have you ever heard of irony? I knew Norwegians have difficulty with the concept of irony (I understand their is no word for irony in the Norwegian language), but I did not know that it extended to Colombians as well. There was no need to jump down ptbodale's throat like that...

Leave a comment:

• Airigami
    replied
    By reading half of your posts, Ansett, a typical Aussie would be described as someone who writes one-word posts or writes in incomplete sentences. (Only kidding )

Seriously, though, a typical Aussie is the image that comes to mind when a foreigner thinks of Australia. And I think many of them would think of Crocodile Dundee or Steve Irwin as 'typical Aussies'. It's not a bad thing. It's just all about perceptions. Just as my perception of a 'typical New Zealander' is a sheep. (Sorry, Kat!)

Leave a comment:

• Ansett
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ptbodale
    replied
    Hmmmm. I don't remember asking to be taken over!. The American's best friends seem to be "hewers of water, drawers of wood".

Anyway it's a government thing. People dislike governments because of their policies, its not generally the people themselves they hate.

George W has taken a shine to the Aussies (some of my best friends live there too) as he has visited Australia twice now and has had John up to the ranch. GeorgeW has failed to make the short trip to Ottawa and has not invited our P.M. down for a burger. At least George's Dad is a gentleman!

Leave a comment:

• Flying High
    replied
    Originally posted by ptbodale
    Thank God they have moved closer to Peterborough. That long trip to our friends in Melbourne and Adelaide hurts the pocketbook.

Good to know John Howard will be close to his buddy George W. This means Australia can become the Americans best friend and they will stop pooping all over Canada (get your shovels out my Aussie friends...you will need it). Get ready for "Free" Trade!"

Leave a comment:

• aloges
    replied
    I particularly like the part with "Spanish President Juan Carlos"!

Leave a comment:

• afkabruce98
    replied
    I have the shovel and raincoat ready! If they had only made the move earlier it wouldn't have been so far to bring our 50 000 sheep home!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X