X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
    replied
    AC A340-500,

I totally understand, me being 22 years old (some say I'm not a grown up..like my lil sis (she's 9) ) that we are all individuals with lives, but yet I post here sometimes to avoid doing lots of stuff, so I can totally understand. But I'll tell you this...I'm not dedicated enough to this forum to get on at 6 AM to post! I guess some of us are just more dedicated than others.

-Pete

Leave a comment:

• AC_A340-500
    replied
    Hey I'm a grown up man (some may beg to differ) and I oftentimes have something better to do than to post in this forum, yet I still do it. As for Jeff, he's probably trying to avoid mowing the lawn (or shoveling snow, given the time of year and his location).

Leave a comment:

• NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
    replied
    Originally posted by DeltaASA16
    Jeff:

Dont you have something better to do than posting on jp.net forum at 6am...YOUR A GROWN MAN!

DeltaASA16
    I guess that is his life!

-Pete

Leave a comment:

• DeltaASA16
    Guest replied
    Jeff:

Dont you have something better to do than posting on jp.net forum at 6am...YOUR A GROWN MAN!

DeltaASA16

Leave a comment:

• JeffinDEN
    replied
    Hummer H2. Don't mess around.

Leave a comment:

• sensrule
    replied
    My parents drive a 2000 Odyssey with 230000Km's on it with no problems. They're really good vans. I drive a '92 Sunbird, you could get 7 in there, but it wouldnt be a whole lot of fun!

Leave a comment:

• NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
    replied
    Originally posted by Katamarino
    Sorry NW, didn't mean to be bitchy! Just split up

I must quibble on one point however - a manual Subaru Legacy far outperforms the BMW on poor or snowy roads, in my experience! I have tried both. Offroad the BMW has a little extra clearance, which gives it the advantage

No harm done!!!

I just love driving my Dad's BMW though, so I guess I'm partial!

Take care,

-Pete

Leave a comment:

• Katamarino
    replied
    Sorry NW, didn't mean to be bitchy! Just split up

I must quibble on one point however - a manual Subaru Legacy far outperforms the BMW on poor or snowy roads, in my experience! I have tried both. Offroad the BMW has a little extra clearance, which gives it the advantage

Leave a comment:

• DeltaASA16
    Guest replied
    Any time boss!

DeltaASA16

Leave a comment:

• NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
    replied
    Originally posted by NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
    Well stay away from the minivan!!!

SUVs are the vehicle to go with!!!

This is what my dad drives. The BMW X5.

If you can get this, then don't let it go!

I know its not a 7 seater, but boy does it beat a minivan any day!!!!!

-Pete
    And he drives it why? Does he do a lot of off roading (for which it sucks compared to a proper off roader!). Does he need space (which a minivan is better for). Is it for bad conditions on the roads? (In which case an all-wheel-drive car is far superior). Or is he just a poser?
    Kat, let me be more specific,

My dad is the only Urologist / Uro-surgeon in 4 countys. He serves 4 hospitals, and if you've ever been to Northwestern PA, you would know that our winters here are brutal! Lake effects snows up here can add up on the roads very quickly and make for very very treacherous driving! My dad works from 6 am to 8 pm every single day.....including weekends. He is on call 24/7. If he has to go to another hospital, which are usually 20 miles apart, he needs car that can get him there!

Let me answer your questions.

1) No he does not go offroading.
    2) The space capable in this car is very great...for your information my dad drove a Chrysler Town & Country before (a minivan) and this car with the back seats down can fit a comparable amount of stuff.
    3)The roads here can get very very harsh in the winter time.
    4) This SUV is an All Wheel Drive car!
    5) I used to drive a Subaru Legacy, and the BMW handles 10 times better than that does on snow.
    6)My dad is certainly not a poser, in fact those who know will say he is one of the most simple guys they've met. He's just enjoying some of his hard earned cash...thats not wrong at all.

Kat, if you need to know, please ask a little nicer next time. It's wrong to assume.

By the way, Adam (DeltaASA16) thanks for you support bro. I know many people here don't know me too well but i really appreciate you sticking up for me!

-Pete

Leave a comment:

• AEagle40
    replied

Apart from a proper 4wd vehicle like a landy of course But he has much better reason than the majority of people, for sure!
    Landrovers are way overrated. Get a real offroader. Get a Jeep. Off-roading quality for 60 years and going strong. Plus they have a better reliabilty record thand LRs.

Leave a comment:

• DeltaASA16
    Guest replied
    Whatever floats your boat Jess!

BMW's for life!

DeltaASA16

Leave a comment:

• Katamarino
    replied
    Originally posted by DeltaASA16
    Therefore, by living in the climate and bringing home the Check like a doctor does, i can't see a better vehicle out there for Petes Father.

Go Pete's Dad!

DeltaASA16
    Apart from a proper 4wd vehicle like a landy of course But he has much better reason than the majority of people, for sure!

Leave a comment:

• b777
    replied
    The all-new Toyota minivan (Sienna?) should fit your dad's needs. Toyota looked at the competition while designing this minivan and the Odyssey was one of the vehicles they looked to improve over. As for me, I would get the Volkswagen Touareg.

Leave a comment:

• indian airlines
    replied
    My dad doesn't want a minivan or big car for off-roading/harsh conditions/ He needs it for interior space.

We are starting to like the Acura GDX. If anybody has any cons about this car, please tell me. Thanks for all your input so far (yeah Jess, even you ).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X