No announcement yet.

Has the EU gone mad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longreach747: Instead of answering other's questions head on, you always avoid the main arguments from others and focus on the WMD WMD WMD WMD ....

Don't you have a little manhood left within youself to admitt that bringing freedom to the Iraqi and the beginning of a democratic society in the Middle East is going to be a very good thing in the long run as a stablizing force in the most chotic area of the world?

Like I have said before, you will also be the one benefiting from all these (the likelihood of another Bali bombing will be less for you Australian) and you just keep on bashing, criticizing, complaining, and focusing on WMD WMD WMD WMD WMD WMD WMD ...........

It is a sad thing that you cannot look at the larger issues because the whole Iraq War isn't just about WMD as you have kept on emphazising, instead it's about improving the livelihood of the Iraqi people (the oil money will go to them instead of building palaces for Saddam) and they won't have to worry about their own safety if they don't support the government.

Oh well, I don't think you will admitt all the good things that are happening in Iraq because appearantly you have just learned in school what WMD is and has yet to learn some much more important words like freedom, and democracy, let alone the concepts these words represent.

Comment

i know about freedom and democracy.

but where do the US and the allies get off invading another country without a real viable reason? pericles would turn in his grave to see the things man does in the name of democracy and freedom.

democracy by bombing the country to the stone age? thats seriously not for the benefit of the ordinary Iraqi in the short term. it likely to breed more fanatacism and hatered towards the west.

what we think maybe for the good of the Iraq ppl maybe seen differently in the eyes of the ppl who live in the region. Of course Iraq is much better off without Saddam, but how long will it be before the normal everyday Iraqi see's these benefits.

the country is crippled and the infrastructure is going to take years to rebuild. the outsourcing of this rebuilding has gone to companies like Haliburton etc, why not allow the local Iraqi's rebuild there own country?

I never said that change for Iraq was a bad thing, i am sayin that the excuses used to go to war seem rather shallow and lacking credible evidence, we were sold a pile of crap by politicians with there own agenda.

Like I have said before, you will also be the one benefiting from all these (the likelihood of another Bali bombing will be less for you Australian) and you just keep on bashing, criticizing, complaining, and focusing on WMD WMD WMD WMD WMD WMD WMD ...........
      haha, thats a joke, just because you rid the world of Saddam and his cronies you think the terror become less likely, well the terrorist bombs are still killing innocent people and these groups continue to mount attacks.

chances are that events like Bali will happen time and time again. , as we have seen today Al-Qaida has struck again. you dont go to war against countries like Iraq without groups like Al-Qaida and JI retaliating. the world has become far more dangerous since the war in Iraq, as we have seen they will attack there own now.

next trips
      USA/DXB August.

Comment

The French have said that Iraq had WMD; they never denied it. They were against the war because it hurt their interests in the ME (i.e. Billions of dollars of oil contracts with Sadam). Funny how you don't question their motives, Longreach, but you question the motives of the USA. If that isn't hypocrisy, I don't know what else is. France was not protesting for the good of the world, and especially for the good of the Iraqi people. You have to be utterly blind not to see that.

And why no mention of Saddam destroying of his own infrastructure? We know damn well that he did. Iraq and much of the ME has always had crumbling infrastructure. Why blame it on others? The Iraqis were never getting more than a few hours of electricity a day prior to the war. Things really haven’t changed much since!

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747

chances are that events like Bali will happen time and time again. , as we have seen today Al-Qaida has struck again. you dont go to war against countries like Iraq without groups like Al-Qaida and JI retaliating. the world has become far more dangerous since the war in Iraq, as we have seen they will attack there own now.
          These people attack their own because their animals! They’ve been doing it for generations – it is not new! Iraq never changed this and they would be doing what they do if the US or anyone else didn’t exist. These people want a global Islamic state and they will do anything they can to achieve it. If that means killings us all off, then that’s what it will be.

They’ve made no bones about it in the past – they’ve even stated it as one of their goals. Why do people choose to ignore this?

Comment

but where do the US and the allies get off invading another country without a real viable reason? pericles would turn in his grave to see the things man does in the name of democracy and freedom.
            Here we go again!! Yeah, nobody should move an inch because there isn't WMD which you like to find so much that you don't care anything else.

democracy by bombing the country to the stone age? thats seriously not for the benefit of the ordinary Iraqi in the short term. it likely to breed more fanatacism and hatered towards the west.
            Bombed to the stone age? Are you living in the stone age without a TV or what? Otherwise you must be totally blind.

what we think maybe for the good of the Iraq ppl maybe seen differently in the eyes of the ppl who live in the region. Of course Iraq is much better off without Saddam, but how long will it be before the normal everyday Iraqi see's these benefits.
            With Saddam in power, those people will NEVER see the benefits!!

the country is crippled and the infrastructure is going to take years to rebuild. the outsourcing of this rebuilding has gone to companies like Haliburton etc, why not allow the local Iraqi's rebuild there own country?
            Could you name one single Iraqi company that is capable of rebuilding the whole infrastructure? Which country is arguably the most techonogically advanced? The US!! Because you don't like the US, you believe that not one single company should be allow onto the soil of Iraq??

I never said that change for Iraq was a bad thing, i am sayin that the excuses used to go to war seem rather shallow and lacking credible evidence, we were sold a pile of crap by politicians with there own agenda.
            Yeah, it depends on whether it's agenda with good intention like those from the US (they even throw out billions of dollars for all these to receive your "smart" criticism), or the agenda from the selfish French. Ask yourself!!

haha, thats a joke, just because you rid the world of Saddam and his cronies you think the terror become less likely, well the terrorist bombs are still killing innocent people and these groups continue to mount attacks.
            I don't know which of us is joking. Yeah, from your smart way of thinking, we should just sit in front of our computers and pray that we won't be the next target.

Okay, maybe other people should do something about these terrorists because our smart Longreach747 here will just sit in front of his computer and pray for not being the next target, LOL. He is too afraid of doing anything because he worries about retaliation. You know what? Bin Laden must be very glad that even in the West there are people like you. As soon as most people in the West have the mentality like you, Bin Laden will rule the world.

Now I am really curious how old you really are. First you don't understand (though you claim you do without showing) the concepts and benefits of freedom and democracy. Second, you don't even have a TV set so that you can see the Iraqi people are not living in Stone Age. Third, your logic of thinking is just ... um, like it is from a 12 year old kid who worries about being beat up by the bully in school. Instead of seeking constructive solution, you just passively avoid all eye contact with the bully and hide yourself under the stairs hoping that the bully won't pick on you. LOL.

Have fun in grade 7.

Comment

http://www.starnewspapers.com/star/s...ra/x09myra.htm

Anti-Israel sentiment not a surprise

Sunday, November 9, 2003

So, Europeans think Israel is Public Enemy No. 1.

Ahead of Iran. Before North Korea.

That is what the international press reported last week. Israel was pegged "a threat to peace in the world" by 59 percent of 7,500 EU residents polled.

The report did not surprise me, sad to say.

Large groups of Europeans historically have treated Jews with contempt. Witness the Holocaust, Ferdinand and Isabella's expulsion of Jews from Spain in the 16th century and vicious pogroms in Russia and Eastern Europe, just to list a few examples.

Once again the Jewish people — who culturally and historically cannot be dissociated from Israel — have become scapegoats for the world's ills.

Across Europe, anti-Semites are bombing synagogues, vandalizing graveyards and attacking Jews.

Generally those assaults get only a mere mention in most newspapers. The horrid homicide bombings of Israeli citizens and Israel's defense frequently trigger large articles. However, too often the Israelis are blamed.

So yes, the survey last week infuriated me.

Israel has been defending itself against terrorists linked directly to the Palestinian Authority who venture out with one goal — killing as many Jews as possible.

For some reason I cannot fathom, the Palestinians come out as the good guys in the minds of many in spite of the fact that their leader is a terrorist and their communities are grooming more homicide bombers.

What much of the world ignores is the fact that Palestinians do not want peace. Indeed, another media report last Wednesday said the majority of Palestinians support homicide bombings.

Europe, the United Nations and the rest of the anti-Israel world have it all backwards.

I want to show you what I found on the Internet — something simple.

I checked to see if the PA has a "national" anthem even though it's not a state. Indeed there is one, and it is fiery.

Here are some excerpts from an English translation:

"My country, my country ... With determination, my fire and the volcano of my revenge ... With the resolve of the winds and the fire of the guns ... Palestine is my revenge ... I swear under the shade of the flag ... I will live as a guerrilla, I will go on as a guerrilla, I will expire as a guerrilla ..."

Compare those words to excerpts from "Hatikva," the Israeli national anthem, also an English translation.

"In the Jewish heart/A Jewish spirit still sings ... Our hope is not lost/Our hope of two thousand years/To be a free nation in ... In the land of Zion and Jerusalem."

The PA song swears by violence; "Hatikva" sings of heart, spirit, a free nation.

I also checked out the Hamas charter. Palestinian leadership, such as it is, is directly connected to Hamas.

The charter is titled "The Covenant of the Islamic Resistance Movement" and is several pages long.

Opening paragraphs say it all, what the United States has been trying to show the dense EU, the blind UN and the rest of the world.

"Israel will exist and continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it."

The bottom line. Yasser Arafat and his henchmen do not want peace. They seek the decimation of Israel and with it, the Jewish people.

E-mail [email protected].

------------------------------------------------------------

Says a lot, doesn't it???

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

'Star' News papers Looks like a quality publication. Has it not become apparent to you by now that you can find on the internet a news article written about pretty much ANYTHING you want? The reason - the internet gives such cheap publishing power that any old idiot can start up an online 'newspaper' and get going!

Have you ever read a tabloid newspaper? More importantly, have you ever believed a single thing you read in one? These papers exist to be sensationalist, not to put across proper views.

I warrant that this woman hasn't spoken to a single european about why Israel was voted in at number one. It's the fact that there is report of conflict there in the papers more than ANYWHERE else. I don't know if you've ever been to Europe (I doubt it from what you seem to think of it!) but you'll find that the vast majority of the place never give a second thought to religion, let ALONE 'persecuting' a country because of it.

It's not because of some sense that we should all be equal, it's just because noone here really cares about religion.
                I walked across an empty land
                I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                I felt the earth beneath my feet
                Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Originally posted by Katamarino
                  'Star' News papers Looks like a quality publication. Has it not become apparent to you by now that you can find on the internet a news article written about pretty much ANYTHING you want? The reason - the internet gives such cheap publishing power that any old idiot can start up an online 'newspaper' and get going!

Have you ever read a tabloid newspaper? More importantly, have you ever believed a single thing you read in one? These papers exist to be sensationalist, not to put across proper views.

I warrant that this woman hasn't spoken to a single european about why Israel was voted in at number one. It's the fact that there is report of conflict there in the papers more than ANYWHERE else. I don't know if you've ever been to Europe (I doubt it from what you seem to think of it!) but you'll find that the vast majority of the place never give a second thought to religion, let ALONE 'persecuting' a country because of it.

It's not because of some sense that we should all be equal, it's just because noone here really cares about religion.
                  This Star is not what you think...

It's not a tabloid, it's a community newspaper from the south suburbs of Chicago.

If you only took the time to go beyond the name and actually open the link, but no, you had to attack me in a way or another.

Is this personal against me, Kat???

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

Originally posted by Aeolus

Here we go again!! Yeah, nobody should move an inch because there isn't WMD which you like to find so much that you don't care anything else.

Bombed to the stone age? Are you living in the stone age without a TV or what? Otherwise you must be totally blind.

With Saddam in power, those people will NEVER see the benefits!!

Could you name one single Iraqi company that is capable of rebuilding the whole infrastructure? Which country is arguably the most techonogically advanced? The US!! Because you don't like the US, you believe that not one single company should be allow onto the soil of Iraq??

Yeah, it depends on whether it's agenda with good intention like those from the US (they even throw out billions of dollars for all these to receive your "smart" criticism), or the agenda from the selfish French. Ask yourself!!

I don't know which of us is joking. Yeah, from your smart way of thinking, we should just sit in front of our computers and pray that we won't be the next target.

Okay, maybe other people should do something about these terrorists because our smart Longreach747 here will just sit in front of his computer and pray for not being the next target, LOL. He is too afraid of doing anything because he worries about retaliation. You know what? Bin Laden must be very glad that even in the West there are people like you. As soon as most people in the West have the mentality like you, Bin Laden will rule the world.

Now I am really curious how old you really are. First you don't understand (though you claim you do without showing) the concepts and benefits of freedom and democracy. Second, you don't even have a TV set so that you can see the Iraqi people are not living in Stone Age. Third, your logic of thinking is just ... um, like it is from a 12 year old kid who worries about being beat up by the bully in school. Instead of seeking constructive solution, you just passively avoid all eye contact with the bully and hide yourself under the stairs hoping that the bully won't pick on you. LOL.

Have fun in grade 7.
                    hahaha you are a laugh!

i'm not affraid of terrorists or terrorism, i dont allow that to rule my life. i am just pointing out the distinct possibility that terrorism might increase.

you seem to be totally blind to what i am saying, the middle east is unlike any place on earth, what's good for us and seen to been good for them by us may not be seen the same way by ppl who live in the mid east.

you cant always impose the west's way of thinking and living on a culture that dates back thousands of years, then expect it to welcomed with open arms.

i believe i said local iraqi's are capable of rebuilding there own infrastructure, that meaning the skilled local workforce is more than capable. and it's a positive note to see that atleast half of the rebuilding contracts will go to local iraqi countries who employ local citizens!

next trips
                    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying High

This Star is not what you think...

It's not a tabloid, it's a community newspaper from the south suburbs of Chicago.

If you only took the time to go beyond the name and actually open the link, but no, you had to attack me in a way or another.

Is this personal against me, Kat???
                      I know what the Star is, I had a good look round their website and read their history. The point remains that this is a tiny local, and not a major national paper. (I do realise that there isn't really such a thing as a national paper over there).

To go back to the actual discussion, this is no kind of attack against you at all. I just find it amazing that people can continue to think that Israels position in the table was due to anti-semetism and not merely the fact that its the name people most often see in the press linked to conflict. Trust me, I live here most of the year, I know! Religion/Race is always the first thing to be shouted about whenever something like this happens, but I can tell you for a fact that that is simply nothing to do with it. People just don't care!
                      I walked across an empty land
                      I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                      I felt the earth beneath my feet
                      Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

hahaha you are a laugh!

i'm not affraid of terrorists or terrorism, i dont allow that to rule my life. i am just pointing out the distinct possibility that terrorism might increase.
                        You have shown us that you are scared of retaliation, and now you say you are not afraid? How contradicting is that? I simply say that your attitude of "I see no evil" won't work against terrrorism.

you seem to be totally blind to what i am saying, the middle east is unlike any place on earth, what's good for us and seen to been good for them by us may not be seen the same way by ppl who live in the mid east.

you cant always impose the west's way of thinking and living on a culture that dates back thousands of years, then expect it to welcomed with open arms.
                        Okay, so once again you show that don't believe the universal value of freedom and democracy. You believe that people in the Middle East should be governed by dictators. Tell us, what are the Middle East values that you have been talking out loud but have never ever try to write them here?? I just believe that you don't know anything you are talking about.
                        Maybe you have read Edward Said's "Orientalism" too much? Oh wait, I forget that you are in grade 7.

i believe i said local iraqi's are capable of rebuilding there own infrastructure, that meaning the skilled local workforce is more than capable. and it's a positive note to see that atleast half of the rebuilding contracts will go to local iraqi countries who employ local citizens!
                        You are just very ignorant aren't you kid? Iraq (even the whole Middle East) has been depending on the West for technology for many many years. Most importantly, do you expect thousands of American workers to fly to Iraq and rebuild the State? Of course foreign companies are going to hire local construction workers!! The more you say, the more you show us how much you understand the world.

That's it kid, you are wasting my time, and I should have known earlier. Too bad I didn't.

Comment

These people want a global Islamic state and they will do anything they can to achieve it. If that means killings us all off, then that’s what it will be.
                          No one think is this way! even during our Histroy 1424 years we didn't ever think in this way!

It just to make the people with the USA! and they only way is using Islam.

there are people against the USA not Christianity.

Do you know that there are millions of Christian arab?.

USA wanted to make bad thing between Copts and Gov in Egypt.

I's a dirty war in the name of God!
                          15 Nov is my Birth day! I want A340? pls dad pls mom LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sv
                            These people want a global Islamic state and they will do anything they can to achieve it. If that means killings us all off, then that’s what it will be.
                            No one think is this way! even during our Histroy 1424 years we didn't ever think in this way!

It just to make the people with the USA! and they only way is using Islam.

there are people against the USA not Christianity.

Do you know that there are millions of Christian arab?.

USA wanted to make bad thing between Copts and Gov in Egypt.

I's a dirty war in the name of God!
                            I'm not talking about Muslims in general, just Islamic terrorists. I don't want to get into a discussion about religion.

But anyways, my landlord is a Coptic from Egypt. Nice guy. But he has a much different version of history than the one you lay out.

Comment

I'm not talking about Muslims in general, just Islamic terrorists. I don't want to get into a discussion about religion.
                              Is there a Christian terrorists? is there Jewish???

Why you use the Religon? to move the feelings?

This is the truth! I didn't ever hear the word: Jewish terrorists!

but I hear the Israeli terrorists!

No one use the Relgion in this shame way just your media and your brians.
                              15 Nov is my Birth day! I want A340? pls dad pls mom LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X