Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europe after EURO?

How is Europe after EURO??

As I know that Italy now in more expensive??

for Europe exports: is reduced since monthes.
    15 Nov is my Birth day! I want A340? pls dad pls mom LOL

Everything's more expensive.
    Netherlands has had price increases across the board of 20+% since the Euro was introduced with some things (especially parking fees and other things where there is no competition) getting over twice as expensive (they just replaced the guilder sign with a Euro sign which caused a 120% price hike).

Comment

Thansk God, I live in a country nothing change since years!

well, they want to change Fuel Price after three years!

In Saudi Arabia the Gov support the prices of: Wheat ,Sugar,Drugs,Fual,Water.........etc.

Also they support the prises of Air-Tickets (Just Domestic Flights)

Comment

get me a pipeline for that fuel.
        We pay €1.10 or more a liter here for 95 octane unleaded...

Comment

Originally posted by jwenting
          get me a pipeline for that fuel.
          We pay €1.10 or more a liter here for 95 octane unleaded...
          About the same price as in the UK, average price per litre around 75.9 pence, or €1.11 / $1.27. Diesel a few pence more expensive per litre.

Has there been much evidence of prices converging in the Euro countries? It is now easier to see if goods are cheaper in one country than another, so has the Euro reduced these price differences?
          Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

yeah since the euro everything is alot more $$, i was in italy this year and its so expensive now, same with germany and greece. not to mention that our dollar only buys 58euro cents

thats why i am thinking about going to the US and Sth America next year.

next trips
            USA/DXB August.

Comment

Jeez, that's some expencive gas...it costs around $1.50 per gallon USD out here in Buffalo. FYI, 4 liters equal a gallon.

Comment

Price comparison between Alberta Canada and Germany (based on currency conversion). These data aren't scientific or anything, but I do fly back and forth several times a year and am quite interested in this topic myself:

Gasoline: 100% more expensive in Germany
                Real Estate: 70-150% more expensive in Germany
                Rent (for a house or flat): 40-120% higer in Germany
                Groceries (produce, baked goods, dairy products): 20-40% cheaper in Germany
                Groceries (other): about the same
                Electronic equipment: about the same
                Post secondary education tuition: free in Germany, about $4000 a year in Alberta
                Hotels with breakfast: 0-20% more expensive in Germany
                Restaurant: about the same
                New cars: 10-25% more expensive in Germany
                Used cars (5-15 years old): 30-70% cheaper(!) in Germany
                Speeding tickets: 100-200% more expensive in Alberta
                Parking tickets: 0-100% more expensive in Alberta (depending on where you parked)
                Postal rates: 20-100% higher in Germany
                Internet service: about the same
                Cable TV: about the same
                Car insurance: 200-300% more expensive in Alberta
                Disposable income: 30% higher in Germany

(The level of "disposable income" is higher in Germany IF you don't have to make house payments (if all else being equal). IF you are paying off a house, then disposable income would be slightly higher in Alberta, by comparison.)

Comment

Europe after EURO?

You basically summed it all up, AC_A340-500. Sad to see the effect of the "Teuro" in our country.

Comment

You basically summed it all up, AC_A340-500. Sad to see the effect of the "Teuro" in our country.
                    Yes, after the introduction of the Euro, I've especially noticed that I spend money more freely than before. Probably because I'm counting money in "units" rather than in DM or Euros. In other words, I seem to have no problem spending 20 Euros, whereas I would have thought twice about spending 40,- DM before. I sure do miss the Deutschmark though!

Comment

Re: Europe after EURO?

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                      In fact in all the countries involved, but usually there's a monetary cycle during which there is some kind of inflation when a country is changing its currency. Otherwise the idea is just great and must go on.
                      Regards
                      Alain

Happy browsing, my pictures on j.net
                      Latest additions,
                      /Air Afrique A.300B4-203
                      /Air Algérie 727-2D6
                      /Luxair 737-5C9
                      /TWA 767-205ER, http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=2250
                      Thanks for visiting
                      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                      *JetPhotos*
                      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

My relatives in Greece complain about how much worse off they are after the implementation pf the Euro. Greece was a pretty affordable and cheap five years ago, but it’s really expensive to live in now. I know a lot of people there who have taken up second jobs just to keep up with the inflation.

AC: Post-secondary education is more than $4000 now at the U of A. Hell, even when I went to school, it was a little more than 4 Grand a year.

But I always heard that clothing was a lot cheaper in Germany compared to North America.

Comment

Again, Thanks God I live in Saudi Arabia

One Liter of Fuel =0.90 Halala (0.24 US$) . It was 0.08 US$ before Gulf War in 1990, then 0.16 and now 0.24 US$.

The Fuel is very cheap! yes, but your Government let you pay a lot of TAX.

My relatives in Greece complain about how much worse off they are after the implementation pf the Euro.
                          Greece was cheaper than Italy, also Spain! they now all look the same.
                          So, it's better to go to Paris as they all are expensive, Right?
                          (I hate London so I won't think about it !)

Education is Free in Saudi Arabia, University students in Saudi Arabia get 177 Euro to 222 Euro monthly support from the Gov.

BTW we don't get a lot of money here! but the live is cheap.
                          People think every Saudi has Crude Oil in his Garden

You can find Fuel price around Europe if you go to BBC PRIME tv Chaneel then go to TEXT.

Comment

AC: Post-secondary education is more than $4000 now at the U of A. Hell, even when I went to school, it was a little more than 4 Grand a year.

But I always heard that clothing was a lot cheaper in Germany compared to North America.
                            Yeah, when I went to the U of A it was something like $400 Dollars per class plus another $80-120 for textbooks. Wouldn't surprise me if it's gone up since, like you said.

Some clothing is cheaper here, but some is more expensive too. Depends on how you measure it. In terms of purchasing power, clothing is probably cheaper here. But if you measure it in terms of price, and convert the currency, it's probably become more expensive (seeing as that the Euro's value compared to the USD increased by 30% in the past 2 years).

For example:
                            Levis 501's were about 65-75 CAD 3 years ago. Here they were about 75 Euros up until about a year ago. They've come down a bit since the Euro's gone up.

Diesel jeans are about the same here as they are back home.

Trendy "brand name" jeans are around 40 Euros (just bought 3 pairs about an hour ago. Seriously!).

On the other hand it's kind of tough to tell (at least for me). I have a hard time telling apart "expensive" clothes from "cheap" clothes, unless I look at the price tag. So the price spread from cheap clothes to expensive is pretty big. for example, you can get a trendy long-sleeved shirt with buttons here starting at 15 Euros (regular price, in a department store). You could walk 3 aisles over, and find a similar shirt for 50 Euros.

Oh yeah, and motor sports are much more expensive here (aside from the Nürburgring). Both souping up your car and entry fees can hit your wallet pretty hard there, especially if you're addicted to motorsports like me.

Comment

Greece, Spain and Portugal were already becoming expensive well before the Euro. In fact, this can be tracked since day 1 of their actual membership in the EU. One of the basic requirements in enlisting in the EU is the capacity of the economy to have the applicant country(ies) in mingling itself in the union. Therefore,it is not a mistery, that catching up with the reminder of the union in terms of wages often becomes a priority with the local Treasure/Finance Ministry of the successful applicant.
                              Regards
                              Alain
                              happy browsing, my pictures on j.net, today's additions.
                              American Airlines 727-227 (not a misprint), Cameroon Airlines 767-231ER
                              Continental 727-224 and Private Jet Expeditions MD.83.
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=2250
                              Thanks for visiting
                              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                              *JetPhotos*
                              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                              X