Some people.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people.....

Some people just don't have a clue. I rec'd this message from one of you. I won't say who, but it does not matter. It is a typical waa, waa, waa crybaby plea... And most importantly, what makes you think I even knew about what Pete is going through? I have no idea what happened. And this will sound crude, but.... I really don't want to know, so don't ask me why.

So here is what I got.......

"Jeff,

In all seriousness, I think that you are neglecting the fact that pete is going through a very rough, emotional time right now. The death of someone so close... it is so hard. The death of a loved on is not to be taken as a joke jeff, it is a serious time. a life changing event. Jeff, if your wife or one of your children passed away, i would be there to comfort you. Not show my ignorance and immaturity by telling them to "get over it"

Jeff, i think you owe pete an appology, and please, be nice to pete during these time. Please. "

-I dislike pm's, that should be obvious. If you send me a stupid pm, expect to read it here shortly after I get it. Don't like that? Don't send me one.

-I'm not neglecting anything.

-Death is hard. True.

-I don't want any comfort from anyone here. That should be obvious.

-If Pete is going through a hard time, he should not be here.

-I've had my share of hard times. You all will have them. You can wallow
    in the sorrow, or suck it up and move on. I've moved on.

Sorry, you have to read this.

when im having hard times sucking it up always helps me.
    frist is my last name, not a type-o

Comment

Not to rattle your cage or anything Jeff, but would it not have been easier to just reply to this prvt message, and sort this little "problem" you have there? Rather than to bring it here. Don't get me wrong im not trying to sound condescending, just that there might have been a better way of answering this message.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
          Not to rattle your cage or anything Jeff, but would it not have been easier to just reply to this prvt message, and sort this little "problem" you have there? Rather than to bring it here. Don't get me wrong im not trying to sound condescending, just that there might have been a better way of answering this message.
          Easier? Probably. More effective? No.

I am not about to get into a pissing contest with anyone via pm. If someone wants to whine and get on my case, bring it on, but do it in public. It does not bother me in the least.

I don't have the problem with what is going on, someone else does. But at least your paying attention.

Comment

Jeff,

Since you didn't know what happened to Pete - his fiance passed away.
            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
              Jeff,

Sorry to hear that T. really. But, nothing has changed for me. If I was Pete, I would take care of business, and stay the heck away from here. This is the last place I would be if something like that was happening to me.

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                Jeff,

I'm sorry to hear that also...it hasn't happened to me yet, but someday we will all have to lose someone that we are very close to. You have my support, Pete.
                Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

I understand how pete feels, I miss my girl friend to. sometimes i wish my love could just come back one day and it would all be ok.
                  frist is my last name, not a type-o

Comment

Jeff. Pete has noted on here how much the messages of support from people on the forums have helped him. Would you rather he didn't receive any of those?
                    I walked across an empty land
                    I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                    I felt the earth beneath my feet
                    Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Pete, if you are reading this, please know that I am deeply saddened by this news. You have my sincerest condolences. Anything you need, just say the word. You are a good person, and although I hate to see something so tragic happen to anyone, I think it is even more horrible when it occurs to such a good-natured, kind person. In this time of grief, there are people here for you. You have my, and I am sure many, many others', support.

You and your fiancee are in our thoughts and prayers.
                      James.
                      AIRIGAMI.NET
                      http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

So harming people's minds and making them feel worse in a bad sitiuation is acceptable if your point is more acceptable?

I'm pretty disappointed... and I'm sure I'll feel that way even with the Jeff-ian roundabout justifications....

Comment

How very childish .... posting private email in the public forum.
                          ADG
                          No makeovers please .....

Comment

I guess everyone has there own views on this one. Personaly im not going to get involved in a flame war or any other argument. And id hope we are all mature enough to let this one settle and not give each other the chance to get into a pointless and petty argument. Points have been made. Lets leave it at that

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                              How very childish .... posting private email in the public forum.
                              Blow me...! We have already been down this road. It is in my inbox, I'll decide how private it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X