• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuba and Malta, Visited??

Any one Visited Cuba or Malta before???

I want to see these two countries.
    15 Nov is my Birth day! I want A340? pls dad pls mom LOL

Yep, Malta. Nice but very small and mostly dry. Some nice sights and capital though. However, one week is enough time to see almost everything of the tiny islands.

Come to Austria if you want to see a nice country...
    greetings,
    Philip

Comment

Cuba is a fiftlh (it mean very much dirty) country. Too many poor peoples there.

Comment

pbateson, you have been to Cuba? What I remember is a poor country yes, filthy no! The people are friendly and resourceful. The weather is great and they have universal health care and college/university education is available. The resorts are excellent and generally cheaper to visit than most of the other Caribbean islands.

Since Americans are not normally permitted to travel to Cuba I'm not sure where you got your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
          pbateson, you have been to Cuba? What I remember is a poor country yes, filthy no! The people are friendly and resourceful. The weather is great and they have universal health care and college/university education is available. The resorts are excellent and generally cheaper to visit than most of the other Caribbean islands.

Since Americans are not normally permitted to travel to Cuba I'm not sure where you got your opinion.
          Because a country has universal healthcare and free college education, does that make it a wonderful place? That has nothing to do with whether Cuba is a great country or not.

I dated a girl from Cuba who used to work as a lawyer there. She said the people were really friendly and warm, but it was a poor and dirty country. There's nothing wrong with that. Brazil is one of my favorite countries, but it is poor and dirty as well.

She also didn't have to kind words for the "bearded one". What pissed her off the most, though, was Western tourists, especially young single men, who use the island as their personal whorehouse since people there are so desperate.

Comment

Iceman, good to see you back. Its true that the tourists travel for sex, look at Southeast Asia. Look at the white anglo saxons picking up little boys and girls. Closer to home look at Florida and the mass of people that come there every Spring for sex!

Again it is a country that doesn't present itself like the United States and Canada and Britain but it's not reason to write it off. Yes it is poor and yes it has a government that we don't desire, however given the embargo and the fall of the Soviet empire they are a resourceful group of people who have managed to survive in very difficult times.

Comment

Hey, Dale. I was in Nashville for a few weeks on business and I've been busy trying to get accustomed to my new job, which I like, but is very stressful. Not sure how long I can last with that much pressure.

The difference between Florida and Cuba with the sex trade is that the girls give it up in Fl for free! But they don't do it to everyone though.

By the way, I'm in Toronto from the 27th to the 29th.

Comment

I never been go to Cuba. I thought in the picture the CO 733 went to Cuba.

Why the american peoples dun want to go Cuba because of Casto?

Comment

I'll be working Midnights on the 27th, then days off.

Comment

I posted this once before, and must have pushed the wrong button. Here's the condensed version:

I was in Malta for two weeks in July in 1999.

-great weather
                    -guest-friendly people
                    -lots of history to see and experience: Apostle Paul (Pawl) was shipwrecked there 2000 years ago. You can go see the grotto that he live in. As a result, every second street and building is named "St. Pawl"
                    -bus transportation is quite an experience: bus rides only cost 4 cents.

http://website.lineone.net/~alan.c.e.../maltabus.html

-only 3 sand beaches, but lots of cool rock-beaches. These are smooth, flat, low cliffs above the water, pefect for lying by the water.
                    -lots of cool night clubs in St. Julians
                    -meet people from all over the world: All types of Europeans studying at the 400 English schools there. Lots of Lybians waiting to go to the British embassy, Egyptians as guest workers, Turkish students at the University, Ausie, Canadian and Kiwi tourists, even the odd American. Quite a nice mix really.
                    -Maltese women are pretty
                    -Popeye Village is in Malta. That's where Popeye was filmed.
                    -Huge Techno party at Popeye Village every year. The dance floor goes out into the Mediterranean Sea

I flew FRA-Malta on an Air Malta A320. On the way back it was an Air Malta 737. But before we took off in Malta, the captain said "We're a little delayed because we're having trouble getting the windshield back into place". Sood service. THey even played Mozart's Symphony Number 40 after we landed, in the plane.

Malta Busses:

Comment

I have been to Malta, first in 1986, flying KM 707-300C CS-TBU ORY-MLA returning 3 days later with a 720B.
                      First things which surprised me was the number of churches, as cupolas dot the skyline. Other interesting things ;
                      The buses going downtown and serving the island localities. They still were painted green for the body, but roof tops were already white.
                      Malta was still a live museum of the british car industry from the 50s/60s and 70s as seemingly countless Ford Cortinas, Anglias, Zephyrs and Vauxhall Victors and Vivas and other models no longer visible in the UK were still in widespread everyday use.
                      The people way of dressing combining the mediterranean charm with british popular fashion. But my view was quite limited, since I stayed and roamed around in Luqa. Malta provided anyway a good price/quality ratio.
                      I returned there in 1990, still flying Air Malta, this time a 732 and the then new A.320. It was a pleasure to participate in this travel agents'FAM trip since I could see lots of things as we drove across the country side and other (small cities).
                      Best common memories : the art of blending the best of mediterrannean caracteristic with british ones. Sure I will go back sooner or later.
                      I have not been to Cuba.
                      Regards
                      Alain
                      happy browsing, my pictures on j.net, today's additions
                      American Airlines 727-227 (not a misprint), Cameroon Airlines 767-231
                      Continental Airlines 727-224 and PrivateJetExpeditions MD.83
                      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=2250
                      Thanks for visiting
                      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                      *JetPhotos*
                      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I really want to visit Cuba as I saw it on TV before, it's looks a sweet sleeping country! every thing is old< also it's the country of Guvara!

How can I get three???Is there any airlines from the Middel East ???

Come to Austria if you want to see a nice country...
                        Sure! I want to see Salzburg, I will go there from Italy buy train.

How are the people there? what do they think about us?

Because a country has universal healthcare and free college education, does that make it a wonderful place? That has nothing to do with whether Cuba is a great country or not.
                        that is sometihng basic in every country, but Healthcare is something important for visitors.

great weather
                        -guest-friendly people
                        -lots of history to see and experience: Apostle Paul (Pawl) was shipwrecked there 2000 years ago. You can go see the grotto that he live in. As a result, every second street and building is named "St. Pawl"
                        -bus transportation is quite an experience: bus rides only cost 4 cents
                        In this way I think it's good to see both Malta and Libya at the same trip.

Didn't you note the %80 of the people in Malta speak Arabic??

About SEx they can find it any where is the world!!! but it feel it's shame all the time! Especially with non-adults
                        [/quote]
                        15 Nov is my Birth day! I want A340? pls dad pls mom LOL

Comment

Didn't you note the %80 of the people in Malta speak Arabic??
                          Actually, besides English they speak Maltese (Malti) which is indeed a Semitic language, similar to some dialects of Arabic. However, it's quite different from Arabic as well due to the huge influence of the British and the Italians (through TV etc.). To call it Arabic would be incorrectdue to the very evident differences. Not to mention, Malti uses Latin characters, not Arabic ones (not a big surprise, considering Malta is very, very Catholic).

One of the Maltese summed it up like this:

Malti is a langauge comprised of

60% Arabic
                          20% English
                          10% Italian
                          10% Spanish, Turkish and a few others.

Comment

Working...
                          X