Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conspiracy Theories......Whats your take on them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conspiracy Theories......Whats your take on them?

Okay first off, i'm not an over the top conspiracy theorist, but do like reading them because they offer a different way of looking at things. (given sometimes they do go over the top but thats what makes them so good ) So what theories do you think could be resonably believable? and what ones do you believe?(if any) What ones are too over the top to be real in even cartoon land? The only one I feel remotely true is the whole "grassy knoll" Kennedy theory.

Just as an added bonus, what aircraft accidents do you think are cover-ups or conspiracies?
    *starts humming X-files theme*

Love X-files, it says so in my profile.

Comment

1 word: Chemtrails

Okay guys.. have fun!

DeltaASA16

Comment

I can believe alot of them but at the same I time I can see not believing them. There are definitely conspiricies but as to which ones are real and which are fake I do not know. I can maybe see the Moon Landings being a hoax but maybe not.
        Earl From Regina

Comment

Re: Conspiracy Theories......Whats your take on them?

I don't believe most conspiracy theories and for good reason but one of the most believable is the JFK theories. If anyone ever finds the time watch the JFK film with Kevin Costner and the History Channel documentary called "The Men who killed Kennedy".

Comment

(1) I suspect there is more to the JFK assassination than we'll ever know.

(2) Most other conspiracy-theories I don't give any creedence to.

(3) The theory/myth of God is getting old.
            ________
            Babi Mac Breakaway

Comment

Well, I certainly hope none of you believe this theory- http://www.asile.org/citoyens/numero...erreurs_en.htm

Obviously written by someone with no knowledge of aviation.
              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

They seem to have forgotten to include the security camera pictures that clearly show the plane!
                I walked across an empty land
                I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                I felt the earth beneath my feet
                Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Here's my ranking or conspiracy theorists (in order from believable to pretty f'ing nutcases):

1. JFK Assassination. There are still a lot of unanswered questions and to many inconsistancies in this event to make one truly believe what the "official" findings state.

2. 9/11 Conspiracy. There are things that are being left out in what the government is telling us about 9/11, all in the name of National Security. I guess that the reason being, much like in the JFK assassination, there are some major failings inside the government that would prove embarassing to the government.

3. Bermuda Triangle. Some of these folks can border on nutjobs, like those that say that the phenomenon that occur in that area are related to advanced weapons that were developed on Atlantis with the help of aliens.

2. Chemtrails. Just plain stupid. Aerial dispersal of chemicals is not very affective from high altitude. And plus, if the gov't was chemically controlling us, don't you think they'd put it into foods and drinks, not by spraying the sky?

1. UFOs. What a bunch of morons. Why is it that most of the so-called UFO abductees some of the most uneducated people? As the old Jeff Foxworthy joke goes: "If you are limited to three calls a week to the UFO Hotline, you might be a Redneck." And of all the places in the universe, why choose our planet? I'm sure if there is life elsewhere in the universe, they would have to be pretty dumb compared to us here on Earth in order for UFOs wanting to come to our planet.

Comment

My favorite conspiracy theories of the moment:

1) Black Helicopters. These are usually said to be carrying UN soldiers -- typically Chinese, for some reason -- to undisclosed, Top-Secret locations throughout the USA so as to prepare this nation for a takeover by the One-World-Government. People who believe this are f'ing hilarious to talk to, are usually found in truck-stops, and wear NASCAR baseball caps (usually with a #3, for some retard who got himself killed.)

2) The "Star-Gate" located near Baghdad, which allows interstellar travel between worlds. Supposedly the entire US-Iraq war was fought for control of this portal. (Man -- who knew Bush was so smart??) Believed by New-Agers and those who want to freeze their heads after death. I wish they'd freeze their heads before death.

3) Creationists who believe the Earth is only 6000 years old, and that "God" placed the fossils in the Earth to test our faith. Or that the Devil did it to throw us off. Or that Republicans did it to designate the best oil-fields. Or Democrats did it to mark off lands to protect. Or.... well, you get the picture. They're clueless.
                    ________
                    Pissing teen

Comment

While on my daily visit to the www.snopes.com message boards I found a "conspiracy" that would make Beavis and Butthead look like they belonged to MENSA. Okay the wackjob claimed that Kurt Cobain (nirvana's vocalist) is alive and well and now is...........Rivers Cumo(weezers vocalist). It's too funny to resist. http://www.abovetopsecret.com/ This is actually an interesting site (kind of conspiracies involving area 51) theres also aircraft projects on that site. Another theory I find weird yet theres been pictures of it, is the whole Denver airport is controlled by Masons thing. Heres the site for the Denver airport conspiracy http://www.geocities.com/Baja/5692/ creepy but it is somewhat valid considering the evidence the guy presents.

On a final note the way I look at it is.......if your looking for a conspiracy in ANYthing your going to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Triton1831

3) Creationists who believe the Earth is only 6000 years old, and that "God" placed the fossils in the Earth to test our faith. Or that the Devil did it to throw us off. Or that Republicans did it to designate the best oil-fields. Or Democrats did it to mark off lands to protect. Or.... well, you get the picture. They're clueless.
                        I believe in creation, and I take offense to the above statement. You make it seem that everyone who believes that there is a god is a moron. Trust me, there are a lot more people who believe in creation (Christians, Muslims) than there are who don't believe in it. And no, we are not clueless. Get a life and stop putting down other people's beliefs...
                        Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Conspiracy Theories......Whats your take on them?

Here in Germany, newsmagazin "Der Spiegel" or maybe "Stern" had an interesting article about conspiracy theories about 9-11. Some of them are:
                          1. It was all a plan of the MOSSAD
                          2. There were not terrorist pilots, the planes were remote controlled
                          3. There were no planes, they were digitally altered into pictures and videos
                          4. UA 93 didn't crash in PA because there were no "airplane-like looking parts"
                          5. Same for the plane that hit the Pentagon.

These are 5 of the "theories" in the article. There were several more, but I can't remember them right now. I'll try if I can find the magazine and maybe post the other theories tomorrow so you'll have another good laugh than.

p.s. Personally I think these theories are just a huge bunch of smelling bulls***.

Comment

I particularly like the theory that states Paul McCartney died in the early sixties... only to be replaced by someone else. While it sounds fairly provable, I just don't buy it.

Oh, and yes, CHEMTRAILS!!!

Comment

There were no planes, they were digitally altered into pictures and videos
                              LOL...tell me then, what do they think happened to the two 110-story towers that used to be in NYC?

Comment

Working...
                              X