anyone ran a marathon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone ran a marathon?

my father has run 3 marathons, and having the same slim Physique, and good attitude i am planning to do the same in a year's time after a year of training.

has any marathon runners here got any good advice or tips which they wish they knew before doing a marathon? or any information in general?

cheers

never ran a marathon although i was a good middle distance runner in school.

the marathon you really want to run in is the Marathon-Athens run, retrace the footsteps of Phidippedes and the route of the very first marathon.

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Re: anyone ran a marathon?

Originally posted by steve181
      has any marathon runners here got any good advice or tips which they wish they knew before doing a marathon? or any information in general?
      Take a leak before you start.

Comment

I can't imagine running a marathon - far too much effort. I'd probably end up injuring my knee or something.

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

gee i thought there was gonna be a lot more marathon runners than zero, however thanks guys for replying to my post

Comment

Nice to see a fellow Kiwi though!!!
            I walked across an empty land
            I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
            I felt the earth beneath my feet
            Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

I have run in several 10 Kilometer runs (6 miles) and one 10 Miler race. (Virginia Ten Miler)

It takes a lot of training to get to teh 10 mile endurance mark.. but to haul for 26 mile...wow. I would like to get up to that in time.. But right now, i have college and such to bother with. Hopefully i will be able to train and run a Marathon in my Mid-20's

If you have any questions... i might be able to help.

DeltaASA16

Comment

Originally posted by steve181
                gee i thought there was gonna be a lot more marathon runners than zero, however thanks guys for replying to my post
                Steve? What made you think there would be more marathon runners in an aviation forum? I don't get the link.....

And I can say my advice is sound.

Comment

the marathon you really want to run in is the Marathon-Athens run, retrace the footsteps of Phidippedes and the route of the very first marathon.
                  Keep in mind that the guy collapsed and died the moment he finished!!
                  "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Working...
                  X