Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indian airlines
    replied
    the marathon you really want to run in is the Marathon-Athens run, retrace the footsteps of Phidippedes and the route of the very first marathon.
    Keep in mind that the guy collapsed and died the moment he finished!!

Leave a comment:

• JeffinDEN
    replied
    Originally posted by steve181
    gee i thought there was gonna be a lot more marathon runners than zero, however thanks guys for replying to my post
    Steve? What made you think there would be more marathon runners in an aviation forum? I don't get the link.....

And I can say my advice is sound.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have run in several 10 Kilometer runs (6 miles) and one 10 Miler race. (Virginia Ten Miler)

It takes a lot of training to get to teh 10 mile endurance mark.. but to haul for 26 mile...wow. I would like to get up to that in time.. But right now, i have college and such to bother with. Hopefully i will be able to train and run a Marathon in my Mid-20's

If you have any questions... i might be able to help.

DeltaASA16

Leave a comment:

• Katamarino
    replied
    Nice to see a fellow Kiwi though!!!

Leave a comment:

• steve181
    replied
    gee i thought there was gonna be a lot more marathon runners than zero, however thanks guys for replying to my post

Leave a comment:

• Ilbap
    replied
    I can't imagine running a marathon - far too much effort. I'd probably end up injuring my knee or something.

Leave a comment:

• JeffinDEN
    replied
    Re: anyone ran a marathon?

Originally posted by steve181
    has any marathon runners here got any good advice or tips which they wish they knew before doing a marathon? or any information in general?
    Take a leak before you start.

Leave a comment:

• Longreach747
    replied
    never ran a marathon although i was a good middle distance runner in school.

the marathon you really want to run in is the Marathon-Athens run, retrace the footsteps of Phidippedes and the route of the very first marathon.

Leave a comment:

• steve181
    started a topic anyone ran a marathon?

anyone ran a marathon?

my father has run 3 marathons, and having the same slim Physique, and good attitude i am planning to do the same in a year's time after a year of training.

has any marathon runners here got any good advice or tips which they wish they knew before doing a marathon? or any information in general?

cheers
Working...
X