SH*T!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH*T!

So I woke up to the sound of banging on my door, put my feet out of the bed, and *SQUISH* .. stepped in freezing cold water.

Turns out a pipe in the toilet busted while I was sleeping, flooding my bedroom, and causing water to begin flowing like the Colorado River into the apartment below me.

Been sopping with a towel for an hour and a half, as maintenance came and told me "we live in the desert, you'll be surprised how fast it dries."

Loving Las Vegas so far...
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Chris,

I know just how you feel. About 10 years ago I was living in a 3rd floor apartment. The apartment across the hall had the toilet supply pipe break and there was no shut off valve installed. By the time the building maintenance people shut off the water for the building it had flooded their apartment, and crossed the hall into mine. Of course it also drenched about 8 apartments below us. At least it was clean water and not sewage. Hope you are all dried out by now. It took about 3 days with carpet blowers when it happened to me. Fortunately the management paid for the carpets to be steam cleaned afterward.

Comment

Re: SH*T!

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
      causing water to begin flowing like the Colorado River into the apartment below me.
      You know, that water does come from the Colorado River. :P

Comment

I know the feeling! A few years ago I was down at the beach house and I was in the master bedroom on the computer when I hear this gargling sound coming from the bathroom in the bedroom. I walk in there and see water coming up from the sink and the shower drain, it's nasty sandy water and it gushes out and covers the whole bedroom carpet and half way up the hall before we can get the water shut off. Apparently there was a small leak in the pipes which over time washed the sand away under the concrete foundation of the condo and the pipes finally broke and everything came gushing out and into the house! It was a mess for about two months while the whole place got new carpet, new pipes, new shower, and cleaned.

But at least for Chris the apartment building will probably pay for it all.
        "You can run but you'll die tired."
        Semper Fidelis
        United States Marine Corp !

Comment

Chris.....did you take a massive sh*t and plug it up that badly?

Comment

My downstarirs of my house flooded last winter but from the rain...nothing like waiting for carpet dry that is soaked w/ muddy water...

Chris Scott- Seattle Washington

Can't wait to see NWA A330 at SEA...
            My posts

Comment

Originally posted by Boeing752R
              But at least for Chris the apartment building will probably pay for it all.

Yes, the building's owner(s) should pay for any cleaning and damage costs. What a mess!

Mike
              Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
              lp.org

Comment

ehhhh.. water problems suck..

Yeah, last tuesday, I was at a friends till after 3am. My dad and stepmom were trying to call me till 0130, to get me out there to help clean up the basement.. Apparently the sump pump just stopped working, and at least 1.5 inches of water was standing in the basement.. A TON of our shit was ruined and I am not happy about it..

Best on that issue Chris (K).

Chris (NotK)

Comment

Two days back my brother found one quarter of our basement carpet sopping wet.

Turns out that due to the heavy rains, a gutter pipe had broken and the water had seeped through the walls.

It is costing us $450 to get the whole thing rectified.

Since we had just moved into this house 2 weeks back, some of our stuff was still lying on the basement carpet, and so some books and clothes got wet.

Luckily no permanent damage though.
                  "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I thought the Bellagio had better plumbing than that!!!!!

Comment

Whoa!

Chris, you live in Las Vegas now?

WHAT ELSE HAVE I MISSED?

Kevin

Comment

Could have been worse, what if it happened on the TOP floor of an apartment complex?

Comment

Working...
                        X