Mcdonald's UK selling fruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mcdonald's UK selling fruits

Looks like McDonald's is adding new menus as a response to the blame on making people FAT.

In McDonald's UK, a bag of apples and grapes will be offered with Big Macs, Fries, and Chicken McNuggets, starting April.

The 93 cents (59 pence) bag can be ordered separately or as a substitute for the fries sold in children's "Happy Meals."

"Tastes are always changing and these changes to McDonald's menu aim to provide our customers with even more choice," said Mike Scott, head of national marketing for McDonald's.
    The introduction of fruit to the menu comes after McDonald's posted its first loss in January and after a U.S. court threw out a lawsuit alleging McDonald's food made children obese.
    Airline Route News
    Airline Route Map Drawings

I heard my friends from Hong Kong said McDonalds are selling not only rice meal, but clam chowder (sp?) soup as well

Their regular meal price is around $17 HKD, about $2 USD...

still ultra-duper-super cheap comparing to US and UK! :P
    Check out my photos at jp.net! http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=613

Comment

Actually a meal in Hong Kong is about 20-22 now.....

Fruits eh? Interesting. The only fruits I've had at McD's were the apple pies....

Looks like McDonald's is adding new menus as a response to the blame on making people FAT
      what morons....
      They don't want to get fat? Then don't eat so much fatty foods. What idiots. If they don't like McD's making them fat, don't eat there. Duh.....

Comment

Personally, i find this obesity suit against McDonalds a whole load of bullshit. If a person is eating food and McDonalds and is getting obese, its his fault. He ate the food! Mc'D's didn't shove it down their throat. And if he was so dumb so as to think that fried food would do him no harm, he should go and sit in a fourth grade class, where they teach you basic nutrition. Personally, this whole lawsuit thing is a waste of everyone's time.
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Come on, indian airlines, didn't you ever heard the US people "Sue first, reason later?"

oooo man...how i miss HK
          Check out my photos at jp.net! http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=613

Comment

Mcdonald's worldwide offers various menus. The menu varies according to different countries, because of the culture, or trying to be "more local".

Recently, Mcdonald's Taiwan launched "Chinese meal service", which includes rice, veggies and some porks.

In India, McDonald's does not have any beef/pork.

In Philippines, Mcdonald's sell spaghetti.
            Airline Route News
            Airline Route Map Drawings

Comment

I always think it's great when McDonalds puts new things on their menu. I remember ALONG time ago, McDonalds was selling Pizza here in the US. I must have been the only man in america that liked the stuff though, because they took it off their menu after 6 months or so. Oh well.

Dave

Comment

Oh Boy! Now I can go to McDonalds, eat my Big Mac, Large Fries, drink my 32 ounce McDrink and then eat and apple and believe that I'm eating health because I AM EATING FRUIT!

How Dumb are the people who run and eat at McDonalds. The McDee execuatives think that adding friut to the menu will make people think that its healthy to eat there. Then there are those imbeciles who think eating an apple with and Extra Value meal makes it a healthy meal. If you want to eat healthy....wait....nothings healthy anymore... Scientist are finding that everything we have has some sort of negative affect on our bodies...Well, I guess being healthy ain't gonna happen....

Well, Im off to McDonalds to eat my Big Mac!

DeltaASA16

Comment

OK, I guess this is one of the few vegetarian foods available in Micky D's so I applaud it.

But still,

"I'd like four Large fries and two mig macs and an apple pie...make that five large fries...and a large Coke...ooh! and an apple!"

"Wow...is breakfast on you today, sir?"

NOPE! It's all for me.

NOtice from skit, person thinks apple will make his diet healthier.
                  ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS: SUE NOW!!!

Comment

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

Comment

ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS: SUE NOW!!!
                      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

"I'd like four Large fries and two mig macs and an apple pie...make that five large fries...and a large Coke...ooh! and an apple!" --- ATLCenter

ATLCenter LOL!

However it has to be a DIET COKE!

Comment

Working...
                        X