Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jp.net get together at IAD. (pics included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jp.net get together at IAD. (pics included)

Today (12/26) I went out to the new Udvar-Hazy museum to meet up with Adam(DeltaASA16) and Kevin(gocaps16). We decided to meet up at 10am when the museum opened. Adam showed up early and took some shots of a Private A340. I got into the museum ahead of him and waited for him.

Adam standing by the museum store.

Me and Adam standing above the Concorde

We couldn't find Kevin so we got the main desk to page him over the intercom, he finally showed up and we walked down to the Concorde.

Kevin and adam standing in front of a display case before deciding to go into the tower.

Waiting in line to go up into the tower. Adam heard the paparazzi was around

(from left to right)Kevin, Adam, Greg. My hat is the best looking.

Kevin and Adam looking towards the terminal at IAD.

Kevin sitting on the floor waiting for something to land.

Adam also waiting for something to land on 1R. Most arrivals were on 1L.

Fatigue sets in. After only a 757, A320 and 763 we decided that it wasn't worth staying in the tower so we decided to leave...just in time to miss a UA 744 and a VS 744. What can you say.

A fun day and I know Adam has some more pictures that he'll share when he gets home.

Appears that you all had fun, damn I gotta go down there sometime!

Comment

It was great except the controllers sending an AF 777 and a BA 777 onto 1L. Shots that direction are backlit and far away. We decided that the controllers should be shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
        It was great except the controllers sending an AF 777 and a BA 777 onto 1L. Shots that direction are backlit and far away. We decided that the controllers should be shot.
        Them sh*theads...

Comment

I just got home about 5 minutes ago, its 5:20pm local.

Well, After Greg's departure, Adam and I managed to capture the international rush hour from 2 to 4pm, they were all landing on runway 1R, so we were happy. I managed to get some nice shots but then Adam had camera trouble. I guess his dad forgot to charge up the battery or something. Then we drove around looking for something to eat then Adam noticed a large heavy jet on approach for 1R. It was a lufthansa 744 inbound. We stopped at a local Wendy's and i managed to get several shots of him on approach. Then we ate dinner at Wendy's and called it a day. Definatly do this again someday, it was nice to finally meet some jp.net guys in person.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by gocaps16
            Well, After Greg's departure, Adam and I managed to capture the international rush hour from 2 to 4pm, they were all landing on runway 1R, so we were happy.
            Lucky. If I hadn't brought all those extra people I could stayed. Next time I'm out there I'll stay for the international arrivals.

Comment

Man I wish I could have been there.

Looks like you guys had a great time! Next time...when I'm not looking like a melonhead...I'll come down there for sure.

Take care guys and great pics Greg!!

-Pete
              Pete Ganabathi
              Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

Yea Greg,

Who were those other guys?

Kevin

Comment

My Dad, my best friend and his Dad.

Comment

Here is my share..........mainly got random pictures...

Adam getting a shot of a Beemer with kool license plates

My shot of it.

Adam next to the sculpture at the museum

Kevin[/list]

Comment

Awesome pics Greg and Kevin!

I'm gonna put mine up as soon as I can figure out this computer and how to decrease the size of a lot of them.. about 2/3 of them are over the 500KB limit

If you have any idea how to make it smaller.. let me know...cause right now.. im in the dark! LOL

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by gocaps16
                        Here is my share..........mainly got random pictures...

Adam getting a shot of a Beemer with kool license plates

My shot of it.

Kevin[/list]

Why is it that the Bimmer has a number liscence plate(YBT 4881) in the first picture and a custom plate(OLDSKUL) in the second? There is also a red Ford F150 in next to it on the same side in the first picture but in the second picture there is Dodge Caravan? The BMW's front stickers are aslo messed up. Just curious...
                        It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

Hehe.. good catch AEagle

Actually.. there were two beamers (...DUH! :P ) The pic of me photographing the first beamer.. it was like 2 down from teh OldSkul Beamer. I was gettin a shot of the hood ornament.. like 4 minutes before the dang thing went poop and died.

The other beamer had a fatass license plate.. so we took pictures of that also.. Anyone think it's CollegeHumor.com material!?

Adam

Btw.. thats a Honda Odyssey and not a Dodge Caravan! :P

Comment

Working...
                          X