Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch AIRLINE - on A&E Network featuring Southwest Airli

Just a little plug -

AIRLINE begins January 5 at 9:00pm Central (US) time on the A&E cable network. It will feature Southwest's operations at LAX and MDW. The shows will be 30 minutes and run for 18 weeks. The show is not intended to glorify Southwest. It is intended to look ito the lives of passengers, their travel stories and expericnces while traveling with Southwest.

For more info: www.aetv.com/tv/shows/airline/
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

They should do one on a major airline like Northwest (for their large pacific operations and world class hubs, except Memphis) MSP, DTW, AMS, and NRT are truly world class airports and I think NW is the only one with the best hubs. Or do one with American the worlds largest operator, United, or Delta. Since Southwest does not fly international, i believe the only LCC that does not, (maybe JetBlue but that will change shortly, some consider San Juan international, I dont since Puerto Rico is a US territory) I dont think it will glorify Southwest if the interview people who have to make 7-8 stops to get to their final destination. Anyway, that is pretty cool, I just think they should do one on a Major Airline.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
      Or do one with American the worlds largest operator, United, or Delta. Since Southwest does not fly international, i believe the only LCC that does not, (maybe JetBlue but that will change shortly, some consider San Juan international, I dont since Puerto Rico is a US territory) I dont think it will glorify Southwest if the interview people who have to make 7-8 stops to get to their final destination. Anyway, that is pretty cool, I just think they should do one on a Major Airline.
      another damn teenage airline CEO... only this one wants to run a television network as well.............

Comment

Originally posted by kaddyuk
        You would be supprised how many airlines read these forums...I know my line manager does...
        Really? CEO's read this forum?

Comment

What does the TV show have anything to do with a CEO???

I just thought it would be a good Idea for the show to do one on a major airline.

Comment

If this show does well, they'll probably do additional series involving other airlines. I would not mind them doing a show like Airport, could you imagine a series of shows just at a major int'l airport like JFK or LAX?

Comment

God knows why airlines allow these programs you should see the bad publicity Easyjet must get on ITV. Recently some Italian bloke remarked
              "I never fly easyJet again easyJet is sh@T". Lady replies " Thats your choice sir have a nice day! " ( he missed his flight but was his fault )

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
              View the Darkside

Comment

Originally posted by G-MIDY
                God knows why airlines allow these programs you should see the bad publicity Easyjet must get on ITV. Recently some Italian bloke remarked
                "I never fly easyJet again easyJet is sh@T". Lady replies " Thats your choice sir have a nice day! " ( he missed his flight but was his fault )
                "There is no such thing as bad publicity".

Viewers mainly sympathise with Easyjet especially when you see their staff getting abused by idiots who come late to check-in, it is a well known rule that Easyjet check-in closes 30 mins before boarding and it is well emphasised by ITV.

Let's not forgot the weekly happy ending to Airline when a passenger catches that all important flight to a wedding or holiday when it looked like all the odds were against them.

Easyjet to the rescue!

Comment

Originally posted by kaddyuk
                  Look jeff...if this kid wants to give his opinion on what he thinks could be good moves by an airline who do you think you are having a go at him?

You would be supprised how many airlines read these forums...I know my line manager does...
                  Have a go? hell, I'm just having fun.. You don't want to be around if I am going to "have a go.."

And you know....I probably would be surprised at who reads these things. You would probably be surprised if someone sent some of these posts in to your airline management to read wouldn't you? I wonder how that would go over, all your comments with Virgin's name attached?

Comment

I would rather it be about Frontier.

Comment

I just thought it would be a good Idea for the show to do one on a major airline.
                      Do I have to remind you that Southwest is the 6th largest airline in the US? We have around 35,000 employees, 59 cities, over 2800 flights daily.

Here's a comparison for you.

Systemwide Passengers Nov 2003
                      Northwest - 4.04 million
                      Southwest - 5.4 million
                      Advantage: Southwest

Revenue Passenger Miles Nov 2003
                      Northwest - 3.04 billion (domestic US)
                      Southwest - 3.8 billion

Systemwide Passengers Jan-Nov 2003
                      Northwest - 47.5 million
                      Southwest - 60.3 million

Well to me, based on passenger stats, and definitely revenue, Southwest is more MAJOR than Northwest.

Comment

Must I remind you that Southwest counts passengers for every flight, which means that one passenger could appear as 7 for the day. Depending on segments. Must I remind you Northwest is the WORLDS 4th largest airline. Must I remind you that Northwest has over 200 flights a week in ASIA, how many international flights does WN have? Northwest has a little of 40,000 employees. Northwest operates 1,500 daily flights to over 750 destinations worldwide. Northwest has more than 1 aircraft type. Southwest could never make a international destination (long haul) work due to the point-to-point system. MAJOR airlines must play a worldwide role- Southwest has no international destinations.

So to say the least:
                        Daily flights NW- 1500 WN- 2800 ADV-WN
                        Destinations NW- 750 WN- 59 ADV-NW by 691
                        International NW- 220+ WN- 0 ADV- NW
                        Employees NW- 40,000+ WN- 35,000 ADV- NW
                        Aircraft Types- NW- 7 (not including Airlink) WN- 1 ADV-NW
                        Operating System NW- Hub and Spoke WN-point-to-point ADV-NW
                        World Size- NW- 4th largest WN- 10th largest ADV-NW

Well to me it looks like all around NW is more of a major airline then Southwest, especially since to be considered a MAJOR airline you have to fly internationally!

Comment

Well to me it looks like all around NW is more of a major airline then Southwest, especially since to be considered a MAJOR airline you have to fly internationally!
                          Not true, the department of transportation calls a "major airline" one with over a billion dollars revenue.

Comment

Working...
                          X