Kill the Croc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kill the Croc?

This is a very sad story of a crocodile that killed a 22-year old man in Australia and chased the man's friends for 22 hours. Anyways, park rangers believe they found the crocodile responsible the the man's death and killed it. They are going to open the animal up to see if his "remains" are there.

Anyways, would have killed the animal if you captured it? I would. No question about it.

Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

that was big news here last week, stupid idiots that go into the water that is clearly marked not to enter because of crocodiles in the low lying areas have only themselves to blame!

very similar to a story that happend here 10 or so years ago

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
      that was big news here last week, stupid idiots that go into the water that is clearly marked not to enter because of crocodiles in the low lying areas have only themselves to blame!

very similar to a story that happend here 10 or so years ago
      Well put. Up in the northern regions of Australia there are so many signs warning people of the crocs but you still see them splashing around at the waters edge.

I don't have much sympathy for the stupid. I feel sorry for the family of the young man involved who are left to pick up the pieces.

Comment

I would not have killed it, I would have had Steve Irwin go capture it and put it on TV.

Comment

Get me a crocodile...and make it snappy!!!!!
          I walked across an empty land
          I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
          I felt the earth beneath my feet
          Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

I voted no.

I would think it could have been sedated, then x-rayed to see if the guy was inside.

Comment

Kill the Croc?

That's typical. It's always the animals fault if some illiterate isn't able aor doesn't want to read warning signs .

Comment

No killing the croc, you ingnore the signs you deserve what you get!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
                  I voted no.

I would think it could have been sedated, then x-rayed to see if the guy was inside.
                  That would be good, but I believe I remember learning something at school that it is extremely difficult for large reptiles to be sedated. It can be done, but the chances of death are very high and there is a very good chance that the animal will get some internal organ screw-ups due to the sedation.
                  It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

Of course there is another way, follow the croc around until it takes a dump

Comment

I voted "No" as well. We have the same problems with bears. People don't want to follow the rules about keeping food and garbage safe and locked up. People then wonder why there is a black bear in their yard (or in their house) looking for something to eat and terrorizing the family.

Comment

Yes, I'm glad they shot the croc. I know the blokes were idiots for getting in the water, but the whole of northern Australia is crawling with crocs. I was born and raised in north Queensland and have seen how the croc population has gotten out of control over the past 15 or 20 years. They need to start culling a certain amount per year to start bringing them back under control.

Comment

Working...
                        X