Isn't it ironic...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't it ironic...

Isn't it kind of ironic that the forum moderator here at jp.net is never actually in the forums.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Look under forum moderator. Her last post here was more than 2 months ago. They either trust us or she got the job because of her other ad.com job. But don't you think she should be here or be fired? Just wondering.

i think you want to be a mod...... but so do i

Thanks,

Joe,
    | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

Have you ever considered the idea that maybe the moderators just monitor the forum and don't feel the need to actually join in? I read almost all the posts, but seldom feel the urge to contibute.

Just something to consider. Getting rid of any of the moderators for lack of contributions would be rather harsh don't you think?

Jeff

Comment

Greg, Jeff brings up a valid point.

I am a forum moderator and so far ive had to maybe delete 3 posts and 1 topic in maybe 3-4 months...All you do is monitor the things that go on...no need to post or delete posts daily..
        Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
        Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
        http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

Originally posted by PolishAir42
          ...no need to post or delete posts daily..
          You can see where they would get the idea that moderators must constantly be deleting, though, right Peter?
          Trump is an idiot!
          Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Have to agree with Jeff and Pete on this one, a moderator should be a step back and just overseeing things, not in the middle of the fray.

Frequency of posting is no way to determine actual presence in the forum. All the postings here are read much more than they are responded to.

Comment

More of a government by the people than a dictatorship
              *cough...a.net...cough*

Comment

Greg,
                It is obvious you have some issues with A.net. I don't know why so many people do if they would just take the time to READ his rules. After all, it is HIS site. Play by the rules and there are very few problems.

Just as Chris owns this site, NOT those of us that post images or comments here. I am sure when people step out of line here they will get an appropriate response from the moderators or by Chris.

Just think of a moderator as a referee in a sporting event. They don't play, they just make the calls.

v/r
                Jeff

Comment

that is what i said and i refer to a.net half jokingly because I have no expirence there but snotty comments about a.net make the people happy.

Comment

I believe that a board where most of the topics and posts are from the admins is a bad board. It is us, the members, who should post and discuss, and the admins just monitor, so that we do nothing wrong.

I am pretty sure that the moderators here creep in if we do something we shouldn't. Therefore no need to fire anybody here.

Regards,
                    Peter

Comment

Just because the admins. dont post does not mean they are not present in the forums.

I post quite infrequently, but read the forums about 6-7 times a day!
                      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Working...
                      X