X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Embarrasssing Moment

What's your most embarrassing moment?

-Mine.....
    Blew a giant fart in front of the entire 1st, may have been 2nd, grade class. We were all sitting down in the school's library listening to the librarian read a story to us when all of a sudden it just BLEW!!!!!!! out :P (I may have been small, but it was BIG). Not to mention the library was very quiet :P After it happenned I looked at my friend sitting next to me and blamed it on him, but I still think they knew it was me :P

I was flying LAX-HNL on a DL 764 once and was going to ask an F/A if I might be able to see the pilots after landing. The F/A decided to cut me off mid-sentence and think that I wanted to see the cockpit in-flight. He seemed to like to make quite a laughing stock of me.

Comment

This probably wasn't the most but just recently I left the chock on the left main and tried to taxi.
      Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

When I did my long cross country with my CFI. We flew from Manassas, VA to Richmond, VA and after landing at KRIC, I called the ground controller and this is what I say, "Manassas Ground, Cessna NXXXXX, on taxiway Bravo Zulu, request to taxi to runway XX." Matter of fact, after I called, my CFI notified me I was in Richmond, not Manassas.

Talk about embarrasing on the radios.

Kevin

Comment

Trying to do a simple math problem and using a whole sheet of paper to do one stinking conversion. I hate math...
          It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

In Fourth grade I played the saxophone and we had to put the instrument cases on top of our lockers- and I left class early to go to band and in 4th grade I was really small- I could not get the case down because it was a little heavy, I pulled too hard and I pull it right into my face.

There was a class in the hall...but I don't know why.

Patrick

Happy New Year

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
            October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

"New Market unicom, Cessna 2229E take off on Runway 6"

That's when my instructor leaned over and said "Were going off of 24"

"New Market unicom, correction, take off on 24, uh...uh...damn it!"

I forgot what I was going to say and some old timers in the pattern laughed over radio at me.

Comment

It was Christmas Day 2000 and we were at YYZ, headed towards our gate for the flight home. We were in the small regional jet terminal, I can't remember which one... Anyways. We get off that huge shuttle bus and walk into the terminal and I get a bit ahead of the people I'm with. I slow my pace and walk while looking behind me, waiting for them to show up... and THUD. I walked straight into this gigantic pillar... The fact that I didn't run into bare metal spared me from the embarassing ring that would have resonated from the pole shortly afterward.....
                Click Here to view my aircraft photos on here!
                Click Here to view my aircraft photos...over there!

Comment

Originally posted by gocaps16
                  I called the ground controller and this is what I say, "Manassas Ground, Cessna NXXXXX, on taxiway Bravo Zulu, request to taxi to runway XX." Matter of fact, after I called, my CFI notified me I was in Richmond, not Manassas.

Talk about embarrasing on the radios.

Kevin
                  I hear controllers and pilots do similar things like that on my radio all of the time It must be quite embarrasing?

Comment

Originally posted by mikecweb
                    This probably wasn't the most but just recently I left the chock on the left main and tried to taxi.

Bravo man, we need more pilots like you.....lol.
                    ***My Blog***

Comment

Yup. I don't know what I was thinking because I'm probably the most double check person there is. Even though he denies it I have a sneaking suspicion my instructor slipped it in there during his walkaround. He is a big practicle joker.
                      Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

LOL.. Mike, your not the only one. One time at W24, I left a chock in and started the engine and started to taxi. Some of the older men were across the ramp watching me tryin to taxi the chocked plane. Haha.. i was soo embarrased. Had to shut down, get out, move the chock, get in, start up and be on my way. Ive done it more than once before! lol

And ive had other embarassing moments... But maybe another time..

Adam

Comment

I have a friend who gave his whole "welcome aboard" Message on the ATC FEQ. And the Controller was not amused.

My most embarassing moment was when was getting clearence for taxi to the rwy, and i didn't know i was on the wrong FEQ, when i got no response i started to yell into the headseat, still no answer. So i yelled even louder into the headseat. Then my instructor told me what i did wrong. I was really embarassed. I wonder who was listening to the FEQ that i yelled on. I will never do that again.
                          ***My Blog***

Comment

Aviation-related:

One night back when I was a ramper @ AirTran, I was in the middle of marshalling a powerback when I tripped over some chocks (one of the the wingwalkers left them inside of the containment area [pretty much when they removed the chocks, they left them to the right of the main gear] which was a big no-no). I did not go completely ass over teakettle, but I probably gave the flight crew a good laugh and a story to tell for years to come. One of my buddies was up in the ramp tower that night and saw the whole thing happen, so it took awhile for me to live it down. He said it was pretty damn funny from his angle.

Non-aviation related:

I used to do a little acting and had this happen to me during a performance. In the scene that marked the climax of the play, I played one of the President's Secret Service agents. We enter from stage left flanking the President when my pistol falls out of my holster. I had to quickly pick it up and act like nothing happened. One of my best friends was playing the President and did not let me live that one down. In fact, some 8 and a half years after the fact, he still reminds me of it every so often.

Another one was during a performance of "Julius Caesar". In one of the scenes, two of the leads missed their cue (they were still changing costumes for the scene), so those of us on stage had to ad lib. One of the actors onstage pulled the classic Shakespearean ad lib of "More of this Anon" and exited to get the missing actors. So meanwhile, we all dying up there and trying to keep the scene from completely bombing. I decided I'd throw out a little ad lib. I was trying to say "I think I hear their drums up on the far hill", but ended up coming out as "I bleah bleah bleah drums up on bleah blab blab". I swung and missed on that ad lib.

Comment

My embrassing moments are never over

Whenever I sit down to right down my exams, for some odd reason, my stomach starts making loud, long sounds even though I never eat gas causing items. I guess it is a nervous reaction or something of that nature.
                              You only have one life...

Make wise decisions and live freely.

Comment

Working...
                              X