Steve Irwin gone too far. this man really is stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AC_A340-500
    That's almost as bad as when parents smoke in front of their children at home.
    Or the ones who take 5-year olds to rated R movies!
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

I think he's just a nutter 'full stop' doing something like that! One day, he's gunna end up in a mental home

Comment

Steve Irwin gone too far. this man really is stupid

It certainly wasn't the best thing to do, but Steve Irwin knows crocs better than most other people. And it is a good thing that he shows his children how dangerous crocs can be, though, as an Australian, he might better teach his son to read signs that say "Danger! Croc-infested waters" and not to ignore it like Sheilas tend to do.

Comment

It certainly wasn't the best thing to do, but Steve Irwin knows crocs better than most other people.
          That's irrelevant. As anyone that knows anything about crocs know, they're unpredictable and regardless of how knowledgeable he is, he can never to 100% sure of what the croc will do.

His performance in the media proved what a complete twat he is with his attempts to justify actions that not only breached laws in Australia, it was just plain old STUPID.

My view. He f.cked up big time and if he'd copped it like a man rather than trying to weazle his way out of it with excuses that only the most ignorant would swallow, people may have forgiven him. Now he faces a formal investigation that could result in the removal of both his children from his care.

And it is a good thing that he shows his children how dangerous crocs can be,
          This is nothing more than a stupid attempt to justify his stupid actions. A child at 1 month would get NO BENEFIT from being in that enclosure, the only person who would have benefitted was Steve Irwin and his financial situation. It was nothing more than child exploitation. Unfortunately it backfired on him as it should have. When the children are old enough to actually learn about crocs then sure, he should teach them how to behave... by teaching them to stay away from an animal that can move faster than they can until they are old enough to look after themselves.

In this situation the best thing to do is to be a proper parent to his kids, which he is NOT being. Teaching a kid of 5 to play with crocodiles is just plain stupid.

though, as an Australian, he might better teach his son to read signs that say "Danger! Croc-infested waters" and not to ignore it like Sheilas tend to do.
          It's not the Sheilas that ignore this :P

My view .. his actions were more stupid than Michael Jacksons dangling baby incident. Because Steve Irwin will argue to the end of the earth that what he did was right when it wasn't.

By the way ... you would think that after a month he'd learn how to handle a child... he gave that child no head support at all .....

ADG
          ADG
          No makeovers please .....

Comment

Steve is the only guy I would want holding a kid around a croc...!

Comment

just saw the interview he did with Mat Laurer for the Today show, Irwin sure is the mouth of the south, poor old mat couldn't get a word in!

no chance for Australian of the year now, thank god for that!

next trips
              USA/DXB August.

Comment

If you let ANYONE take your 1 month old baby into a croc pen then you are a fool. Steve Irwin is NOT the best croc handler in the world, in fact he's a fool. There are many people out there who are more responsible and more croc savvy than he is.

Australians have never figured out why the Americans are so taken with Steve Irwin, he's pretty much a joke here.

There is NOTHING that can be said to justify taking a 1 month old child into a croc pen (or lions cage or any other place like that). He can't justify this action, the only people sucked in by his ranting are fools.

1 month old children have NO AWARENESS of what is around them, that kid achieved NOTHING from his day in the pen.

and he should never have been considered for Australian of the Year. He has done NOTHING for this country. My vote goes to Steve Waugh.

ADG
                ADG

Comment

Yawn....

I like Steve, who cares if austrailans don't like him. The world loves him.

And just how would anyone know what a one month old does and does not remember. Let's ask him in 10 years if he was afraid. :P

Comment

He's a crazy guy....but believe me, that guy has guts. I wouldn't do even 1% of the stuff he does and I respect him for that. To me thats cool.

-Pete
                    Pete Ganabathi
                    Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

he's crazy, , but uhm .... so what,, if the croc is lucky enough to get a tasty bite of that baby, who would you think will cry like a baby ???

LoL, Mr Steve himself ! poor baby though !

Guys,, Im only joking !!

anyone heard : "To Dare is too Live"
                      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

he certainly likes using his children!

can't believe how he had his daughter sitting on his knee in the Today interview, then Steve asks her, 'who do you want be like when you grow up'?

Bindi replies 'my daddy'

haha if that aint a putup job then i never seen one

he just keeps digging a bigger hole for himself.

next trips
                        USA/DXB August.

Comment

Ah right .. I see now, because you like him he can do no wrong. I point you to my previous posts about people who are stupid enough to be conned by a loud and fast talking halfwit ...

I know plenty about 1 month old kids .. i've had three already (with one more on the way). Everyone with 1/2 a brain who's handled kids of that age know they're really little more than crying, burping, pooing bundles of fun. Even the most inexpert among us know that at that stage babies are learning much more basic (and important) things such as the comfort of a mothers arms, that having a dry bum is nicer than a wet one and that the pains in the stomach go away with a good feed.

A child of that age is unaware of what's outside it's immediate surrounding, cannot see well enough to see such a thing as a crocodile let alone understand what it is, particularly as it's little head is wobbling around like a nodding dog on the back dash due to parental negligence.

Love him if you like .. he's still a fool and he's still at risk of losing those kids and/or facing prosecution regardless of how many dimwitted people are trying to justify his behaviour because of undeserved hero worship.

The use of children in this manner is known as exploitation, it is also being investigated by the government in this country.

By the way, there are those of you out there that don't seem to realise that the man is no expert with crocodiles and he's a bit of a laughing stock with regards the other croc handlers.

What will we be justifying next? Hanging babies over balconies? Drink driving with babies in the car? Taking babies into a lions den? How about Roy & Seigfried adopting a baby for their act? What a croc (so to speak)

ADG
                          ADG

Comment

Yeah, Steve's a dork. I don't even like Crocodile Hunter. The show sucks compared to this other show with this other Australian guy. I think his name is something like Rob Gradl. He has a show called Killer Instinct and it's way better than Crocodile Hunter.
                            Earl From Regina

Comment

I'm gonna defend the croc hunter on this one...yes while there was a chance of danger for the child, I'm sure Steve, more than almost anyone knows what he's doing in the croc pen. The guy is not an IDIOT, as many like to claim...watching his shows, you come to find that he has a lot of knowledge about animals, their instincts and when the best time is to interact with them. In his entire life dealing with dangerous animals, he's been seriously injured once or twice... and I believe once he fell from a pretty high tree (not the animal's fault)....these two injuries in a lifetime dealing with crocs in swamps, huge snakes in trees and the bush...you name it. In this case, Steve made a bad PR mistake...not an extreme safety mistake. When dealing with transferring crocs, he leads his entire team...and is in charge of their safety. I'm sure he would take the utmost safety for his own child, let alone his team. and....just look at what he is chuckin at that croc.....a huge cut of meat! What's the thing gonna go for first...the easy catch no???

Basically, I just think it's lame for people, such as the media, that have never dealt with these types of animals to claim that they know what is and isn't safe. They can claim what looks stupid...and in this case I agree..why the baby in the pen?? ....but danger..IMHO not as bad as it seems here.
                              JASON
                              [email protected]

www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1276

Comment

Hi Jason,

The only problem with your arguement there is that it isn't just the media saying it, it's the croc handling EXPERTS who are saying it as well. You know, the people who have not only the experience, but the university degrees to back that up.

Not only that, the CHILD CARE EXPERTS (Family Services) also have severe concerns over his child handling.

On the Sunrise show this morning they're asking Australians who should be the first to walk on Mars, the popular response is "Steve Irwin so he can show Bob the dangers of Mars".

Unfortunately this issue is a devisive one, and the real loser is Steve Irwin.

ADG
                                ADG

Comment

Working...
                                X