Blue sky on Mars !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue sky on Mars !

Why is the atmosphere of Mars in NASA's pictures always brownish in colour ? According to one source, the very first colour photo that was sent back by the Viking lander in 1976 actualy showed a blue sky, but that the Viking imaging team quickly adjusted the images so that the sky and the rocks all had the reddish colour we're familiar with. Is NASA hiding the true colour of Mars ?

Check out the following websites, it makes for some very interesting reading:

http://www.mufor.org/dipietro3.html
    http://mars-news.de/color/blue.html

Type in Richard C Hoagland and or his site Enterprise Mission into any search engine and you might find some interesting articles and stories relating to this subject. This man has two obsessions, Mars and NASA's allegded Mars cover up. A bit out there perhaps but makes for a good read.

Thomas
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

badcolor
      Check out my photos at jp.net! http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=613

Comment

Probably the image was reddish and blackish, and then they changed it to look like a blue sky.
        ***My Blog***

Comment

Can anyone say conspiracy theory?

Comment

Well, look it HAS to be true if they're there :P

Okay I know it's bad but I just did it quickly with paint

Comment

By coincidence I went down to the Deep Space Tracking Station just outside Canberra (Aus) when the first probe landed on Sunday. They had a big lecture theatre open with live NASA feed on the big screen and whilst waiting for news they spoke about this, saying that on earth it's blue sky by day and red sky in the evening whereas on Mars the sky is red by day and changes to blue as the sun sets. They did get all scientific at one point as they explained why but I can't remember the details.

Comment

I walked across an empty land
                I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                I felt the earth beneath my feet
                Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Jess that is just f**king hilarious...

Comment

lol
                    Nice Jess.
                    Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Lmao that was hilarious Jess. I still don't get how the sky would be blue, well THAT blue. eh i'm a dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by wj_737_200
                        eh i'm a dumbass.
                        Hey...what a coincidence!

Comment

Conspiracy theories aside, the image could well be genuine if some automated filter erroneously removed what it thought to be a ruddish brown colour cast.

Worse mistakes have happened in science, and at NASA too

Comment

Working...
                          X