My car stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car stuck

My car stuck in the snow, I can't make it on the hill, and I tired to go up but doesn't make it.

Snow has a tendency to do that.

Comment

If you have an automatic transmission, you might try locking it in a low gear to keep it from upshifting. If you are creeping up a slippery hill and your car upshifts, your wheels will suddenly spin faster and you will lose whatever traction you had.
      Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
      lp.org

Comment

Solution to getting a car out of the snow:

-Call up friends and family and ask to shovel and push. Reminds me of the Les Schwab commercial with the two old folks. :P
        CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

Have you tried going back down the hill, and then try and make it back up again? One thing about snow you can't do is let your foot off the gas when the car is in danger of stopping. I love hearing stories when people that aren't used to winter weather get it

Comment

Re: My car stuck

Originally posted by pbateson
            My car stuck in the snow, I can't make it on the hill, and I tired to go up but doesn't make it.
            Try reversing up the hill..... Reverse is the lowest ratio gear & it'll also put the weight of the engine (providing its in the front of course!) in a better position.

RJP
            View my photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Buy some snow-chains.

I bought some last week as I was driving through the Alps on some steep, deep snow mountain passes, and they work like a charm! Going up 15% slopes in 6 inch snow/slush was no probelm! Even for a 2WD car.

Comment

Working...
              X