Join the Flat-Earth Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join the Flat-Earth Society

Bringing up a poll about a topic SWA733Captain started about the FLAT-EARTH society ( www.flat-earth.org ) Would YOU join

Well they were pretty convincing up until they said North Dakota does not exist, funny I could have sworn I flew into Fargo and drove up to Grand Forks, I am pretty sure North Dakota is pretty flat to Maybe you guys up at UND could help us out
    NO, THE EARTH IS ROUND, DUH
    0%
    YES, OF COURSE THE EARTH IS FLAT
    0%
    I AM NOT SURE WHAT SHAPE THE EARTH IS
    0%

Let me think, no.

Comment

Re: Join the Flat-Earth Society

Originally posted by chrisburns
      Bringing up a poll about a topic SWA733Captain started about the FLAT-EARTH society ( www.flat-earth.org ) Would YOU join

Well they were pretty convincing up until they said North Dakota does not exist, funny I could have sworn I flew into Fargo and drove up to Grand Forks, I am pretty sure North Dakota is pretty flat to Maybe you guys up at UND could help us out
      Are you sure they didn't say that things to do in North Dakota dont exist? Because that would be a more accurate statement. And yes ND is flat. Though they do have a few small hills in the western part of the state. I was pretty surprised at that when I got out near williston

Comment

Re: Join the Flat-Earth Society

Originally posted by screaming_emu
        Originally posted by chrisburns

Are you sure they didn't say that things to do in North Dakota dont exist? Because that would be a more accurate statement. And yes ND is flat. Though they do have a few small hills in the western part of the state. I was pretty surprised at that when I got out near williston
        Direct from the Website of the Flat Earth Society:
        20. Does Idaho exist
        No. The existence of Idaho is a lie, fabricated by a conspiracy of cartographers, as is England (see question 10).
        21. What about North Dakota?
        That doesn't exist either.
        22. Any other places which are believed to exist but really don't?
        Yes, Australia. And then there are the cryptogeographica, places such as Kadath, Carcosa, Hobbiton, Narnia, Hy-Brasil, Hell and such whose existence has not been satisfactorily proven.

Comment

I vote option 4: None of the above!
          As is clearly explained in Monty Python and the Holy Grail the Earth is banana shaped!

Comment

Well, then I vote option 5: who the hell cares what shape the f*cking earth is!!
            www.acairport.com

Comment

From the Flat Earth Society website:
              ...and that all assertions are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true false and meaningless in some sense.
              That's where I stopped reading...
              Will F.
              Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

This is were i stopped reading
                There is a school of thought which states, however, that the Earth does not move through space, but rather that it rests on the back of a giant turtle, and that what we call gravity is, in fact, the turtle's animal magnetism.
                No. The existence of Idaho is a lie, fabricated by a conspiracy of cartographers, as is England (see question 10).
                hmm... England does not exist.. where the hell am i.

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
                View the Darkside

Comment

Y'know - I think it might all be a joke...
                  I walked across an empty land
                  I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                  I felt the earth beneath my feet
                  Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Originally posted by Katamarino
                    Then someone has waaaaayyyyyy too much time on their hands...
                    Will F.

Comment

Everyone has a hobby! Like spending days on end taking photographs of aeroplanes, collecting sick bags (whats THAT about!?), etc...
                      I walked across an empty land
                      I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                      I felt the earth beneath my feet
                      Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Of course it's a joke. Look at the name of the website editor.
                        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Everyone has a hobby!
                          True...but then again, I'm sure you'd find a LOT more aviation photographers than people who are into whatever that hobby is called.
                          Will F.

Comment

They forgot th last question! Do you think this site is a hoax?
                            But I'm pretty sure the last time I checked the earth was round.
                            Does any one know who made this site? [/code][/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfstream1291
                              Does any one know who made this site?
                              Have you tried click the link on the site that says "About the Flat-Earth Society"?

Comment

Working...
                              X