MIRACLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIRACLE

Since there seems to be a lot of hockey players or hockey fans, do you guys plan to go see the movie Miracle? The story about the 1980 U.S. Olympic team??

Here is the preview

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/movies/traile...ictures&type=t

Sorry for the long link!

Looks pretty cool, but Slap Shot and Slap Shot 2 are by far the best hockey movie ever made!

Comment

Definately going to see it, looks really good.

Comment

I thought this movie was on the Disney Channel- that is where I saw an advertisement for it, and they only show Disney Channel-Related things there. I could be wrong though....

Patrick

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
        October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

Ever seen this?

All real footage and interviews. NO actors. Awesome on DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
            Ever seen this?

All real footage and interviews. NO actors. Awesome on DVD.
            That is a great documentary, especially on DVD as you said However I think this movie will put you to where it makes you feel as if you were there in 1980!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
              However I think this movie will put you to where it makes you feel as if you were there in 1980!
              I was.

Comment

When you look at the range of hockey movies, from classic (Slap Shot) to schlock (the entire Mighty Ducks series), Miracle will hopefully end up a classic. We already know the outcome, but we really don't know a lot about the what got them there. That team and that game is the game that is burned into the sports pysche of America, much like the 1966 England World Cup Team and defeat of Germany in the finals is The Game for English sports fans. The ironic thing about the Miracle On Ice is that the US-USSR game was not even shown live, as ABC did not see it as compelling as some of the other events that day @ Lake Placid.

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
                  When you look at the range of hockey movies, from classic (Slap Shot) to schlock (the entire Mighty Ducks series), Miracle will hopefully end up a classic. We already know the outcome, but we really don't know a lot about the what got them there. That team and that game is the game that is burned into the sports pysche of America, much like the 1966 England World Cup Team and defeat of Germany in the finals is The Game for English sports fans. The ironic thing about the Miracle On Ice is that the US-USSR game was not even shown live, as ABC did not see it as compelling as some of the other events that day @ Lake Placid.
                  It was not shown live because it happened on a weekday and the game started at 5:00p.m. and the Russians would not allow it to move to 7:00p.m. so it would be primetime. 5:00pm then and still kinda is when nobody is home from work, that is why they decided to tape it and show it a 7:00pm

Comment

No hockey miracles in Salt Lake City a few years back. Just a case of "Let the best team win."

Comment

I just realized in my previous post I was wrong- it is not a disney channel movie- they were just talking about it there. Sorry about that.

Patrick

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
                      October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

Go CCCP

Comment

Working...
                        X