Field Trip..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field Trip..

Took a flight from DEN to RAP today...kind of a little photo field trip.. Took in the sites at Mt. Rushmore after deciding Rapid City is not a great place to shoot planes. Trust me on that....

But, Mt. Rushmore was pretty neat, didn't go to Crazy Horse though. Maybe when they get more done on it.

sorry for the quality, it was a huge file, and I just whacked it with the power toy resizer...

Jeff

Cool picture Jeff. About how far away is Rapid City from Mt. Rushmore. In the next few courses I'll have a lot of cross country time coming up. I know I've looked around on flightstar and It didn't appear there were too many airports around Mt. Rushmore. I remember going there when I was little with my family and I think it would be pretty neat to see it from the air. Rapid City is a popular cross country destination with UND students. Not like there's much else around here other than going to Fargo and back 8000 times.

Comment

From the airport to Mt. Rushmore is about 20-25 miles or pretty close to that. Takes about 30 minutes, but it is a nice drive. Get a few guys, rent a car when your there and spend a few hours. Nice little airport, just not much 'business'.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
        From the airport to Mt. Rushmore is about 20-25 miles or pretty close to that. Takes about 30 minutes, but it is a nice drive. Get a few guys, rent a car when your there and spend a few hours. Nice little airport, just not much 'business'.
        Thanks for the info. Even if we dont make it to Mt. Rushmore, I flew over that area when I went to Hawaii in November, looked like a nice area. Though that could just be because I hadn't seen mountains in like 3 months.

Comment

Nice photo jeff...

Are there anymore? I dont think you'd go all that way, and only want to post one picture on the forum! Lets see some from Rapid City

Adam

Comment

Hi Jeff
            Nice pic, thanks for this upload and the travelling details
            regards
            Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I read about you printing pictures and giving them to the F/As and pilots. Good idea .
              CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

I only gave one to the pilot and FO. To be honest, I forgot the flight attendant. Next time, I'll be sure to have one for them. Anyone know if there is a "BeverageCarts.com" ?

Comment

Working...
                X