No announcement yet.

~*~* WARNING ! ! *~*~ PLEASE READ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~*~* WARNING ! ! *~*~ PLEASE READ! ! !

Over the past 3 days I have recieved 8 virus/worm/trojan infected e-mails from an unknown source. The e-mail addresses he/she is using are AD.Com Member names. Im not going to give out names. . . just in case that these viri are actually comming from these persons. . . But I highly doubt it. Just be warned. . . . . If you recieve an e-mail directly from someone on the board. . . and it has attachments with it. . . .and you were not expecting anything. . . . DON'T OPEN IT! ! ! ! Delete it. If you know how to extract the IP address from the e-mail header. . . please do so and post it here. I can not because my virus software deletes the files before I can look at it.

ps: I have removed my e-mail address for this reason. If anyone needs to contact me you can do so by PMing me or catching me in the JP.net's IRC room.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yeild to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

With Yahoo! you can scan your attachments. So you could get an account from there or everyone could be logical and not open e-mails from people you have not met and trust completely. This way virus wouldn't be sent. Am I profound or what.

Comment

When active in the internet, there is only one solution that prevents you from viruses, attacks and the like: install a firewall and a virus scanner. There are excellent freeware tools for both. I have been using such tools for quite some times and have no problems. I am probably getting 5-7 viruses a week, but they are all safely recognized and deleted by my tools.

In case you are interested, try the following:

AntiVir Personal, available free from: www.free-av.com
      Outpost firewall, available free from: www.agnitum.com

Both are easy to configure and just do their jobs. Both can be updated via the internet, and both are free for private use.

Good luck.
      Regards,
      Peter

Comment

Working...
      X