Drug Abuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drug Abuse

I was just wondering how prevelant this is in your area. What made me do this post is that at one of the bus stops my bus drops kids off and 15 out of 20 got off pulled out a cigarette (some had other drug paraphenalia) and lit up! This was about 2:15 pm on a main street. I am amazed at how no one cared. I was just wondering what everyone elses reaction would be.

Its not unusual to see kids smoking where i live, they smoke alot especially on the bus i get to and from school, peoples reactions are normal like its a adult smoking, there not really bothered unless its there own son\daughter

Thanks,

Joe,
    | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

I fear that this is now the most normal thing, kids smoke. Also here in Switzerland. After a period in the early nineties where smoking was uncool for kids, they have safely returned to smoking, and drinking. Thanks, perhaps, to all the advertisment which clearly targets the kids.

Regards,
      Peter, who is also a smoker, because at "my time" smoking was cool, too.

Comment

Are you talking about a joint or a regular cigarette??? It is rare but not unseen to see people, including teens, smoking the former in public here(the smell is the only giveaway), and extremely common to see underage smokers (18 or 19 years depending on where you live) light up in the street, right outside school property for example. Smoking is becoming socially unacceptable in this country; many cities, including my own, have banned smoking in all indoor public places, including pubs and restaurants, and it has been prohibited in the workplace for years.

Just yesterday, I was playing hockey with a younger kid, and he mentioned afterwards that some girl he works with got picked by a used needle on the job in the local Recreation Centre. Probably for steroids but who knows?

Possession of MJ is about to become nothing more than a minor offense, similar to a traffic ticket in this country. Not sure if this is sending the right message, but dope is probably no worse for you in moderation than alcohol.
        ________
        K1200s

Comment

Both actually. My grandmother who smoked for 50 years recently broke a rib because she started coughing, because her lungs are all messed up.

Comment

I did my JRP on Drugs.
            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Working...
            X