Should the UK adopt the Euro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uk use euro's

I think all of europe would loose out if the UK used euro's insted because of the markups can make for good trading profits........ take canada and the usa for example..... some companies in the USA buy resources from Canada at a cheeper price because of conversions and make bigger profit.... they also would have bigger profit when selling in canada because of the extra markups they add on........

Da BoB

Comment

Actually, hombre, Chirac did not go to war (or at least opposed it) because he was scared of TFE losing billions of dollars in Iraqi oil contracts. I wouldn’t call it “listening to the people's will”. He merely used that to his advantage. Pretty slimy, if you ask me.

Comment

To many politicans these days are forgetting the people are in charge they musn't forget who put them in their seats. Ol' Tony isn't any good he goofs up everything and so far the country in a way is failing eg look at the state of our rail system the N.H.S and well theres to many to mention.

When we went to war the impact on the people was never considered we never voted whether we should go-to war or not you could argue no-one could facilitate that kind of vote but should two powerful men be able to ?

My answer is no...but we are no longer in control no wonder when elections come around no-one votes why bother.

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
        View the Darkside

Comment

Santijet and Iceman, what does Chirac have to do with the Euro?

Comment

Originally posted by G-MIDY
            Ol' Tony isn't any good he goofs up everything and so far the country in a way is failing eg look at the state of our rail system the N.H.S and well theres to many to mention.
            Hardly Our economy is stronger than ever, unemployment is at an all time low, education and health services are getting better and public services are gradually being improved. Don't forget we are mostly cleaning up the crap from what the tories left after botched privatisations and reforms.

Comment

Lets not forget how Tony's tax increases are biting into manufacturing companies all through the UK (Bombardier, Hunter Group, etc)... You used to be a world class location for the making of things, now - bugger all. It's all parasitic tertiary and quaternary services.
              I walked across an empty land
              I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
              I felt the earth beneath my feet
              Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Most major UK companies got kicked in the balls long before Blair's government, just look at Thatcher in the 80's with the coal and steel industry.

I have to agree though, we were once at the forefront in industries such as aviation and now look at us, we're being run by the Frenchies in Toulouse.

Comment

Originally posted by GrantT
                  Most major UK companies got kicked in the balls long before Blair's government, just look at Thatcher in the 80's with the coal and steel industry.

I have to agree though, we were once at the forefront in industries such as aviation and now look at us, we're being run by the Frenchies in Toulouse.
                  If we Frenchies are running you, its partly because, the involved industries have been under better management, overwise these would have gone bust sooner or later. On the otherhand for a couple of market failures such as the Breguet Deux-Ponts and the Dassault Mercure, the French Aerospace Industries has also been on the forefront. Although very smart, the VC.10 could not be french.
                  Alain
                  Thanks for visiting
                  *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                  *JetPhotos*
                  Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
                    the French Aerospace Industries has also been on the forefront.
                    Not really Alain.

Comment

By diplomacy, I don't include joint european programs & developpment
                      -1950s ; the Mystère IV and SMB2 fighters, the SNCASE Vautour tactical bomber, the Caravelle, the Alouette 2 light helo, the Nord 2501 Noratlas.
                      -1960s ; the Mystère/Falcon 20, the Nord 262, the MS880 Rallye, the Mirage III and IV, the Bréguet Alizée, the Fouga Magister, the Etandard IV, the Alouette III and Super Frelon helos...
                      -1970s ; the Mirage F1, the Falcon 10 and 50,
                      -1980s ; the Dauphin and Squirel helos, the Mirage 2000, the Super Etandard
                      -1990s ; the Rafale, the Falcon 200, 2000 and 9000
                      For a country which is not at the forefront, this is a rather profilic and in most of those successful line of products !!!! In term of success on real export markets, please fill the space with a British competitor
                      Falcon 20 :
                      Falcon 50
                      Falcon 2000 :
                      Falcon 9000
                      MS880 Rallye
                      Socata Trinitad
                      Socata Tobago
                      Nord 2501 Noratlas
                      Mirage III
                      Helos
                      Exocet Missiles :...........................(even in use in the RN)
                      Caravelle
                      etc
                      the list goes on
                      Alain
                      Thanks for visiting
                      *JetPhotos*
                      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Thanks for the list of French aircraft Alain maybe you could explain in your next post why the French have been at the forefront of aviation all these years.

Comment

Just two
                          -First flown in 1951, the Breguet Deux Pont was the first real hight capacity airliner to enter service in 1953. The double decker quad could fly either
                          - 107 passengers, in full passenger configation with 59 on upper deck and 48 on low one or as a COMBI with 59 passenger atop and freight below
                          The Caravelle introduced the rear engine mounted design allow a clean wing surface. Everybody around made duplicates of their own and subsequently paid royalty fees to Sud Aviation. She was also the first successful european built jetliner selling 280. a list of some aircrafts which "importated" the design
                          -Douglas DC.9
                          -British Aircraft Corporation Bac 1.11
                          -Vickers VC.10
                          -Boeing 727 Yes the original design of the Caravelle dating back to 1951 called for a TRI-HOLER, she became a Twinjet when more powerful engines became avialable.
                          -HS.121 Trident
                          -Tupolev TU.134 etc ....
                          I remember an ad in magazines in 1963 title of which
                          "OH ILS ONT COPIES CARAVELLE" (Oh my god they imitated Caravelle)
                          Cheers
                          Alain
                          Thanks for visiting
                          *JetPhotos*
                          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
                            Just two
                            But I thought the French had always been at the forefront of aviation, surely there are more than two.

Comment

Just self limitation choice of mine in order to avoid spending a whole night by charting everything
                              Alain
                              Thanks for visiting
                              *JetPhotos*
                              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                              X