Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cubans try to reach Miami in converted Buick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubans try to reach Miami in converted Buick.

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

Gotta hand it to these guys.

Now thats creative!

Comment

Once these people reach US territory, they cannot be deported back to Cuba under NACARA (which basically says that any Nicaraguan or Cuban in this country -- even if they entered illegally, like these guys did -- are granted full amnesty).

I’m not sure what to make of that. It’s not exactly fair to others trying to get into this country legally and have to wait years. It certainly encourages illegal immigration and rewards those that break the law.

Ahhh...just another quark of our F|_|CKED up immigration system.

Comment

I read that
        they were intercepted at sea by Coast Guard
        the converted Buick was shelled and sunk
        two of the passengers previously tried their lucks with the Chey'51 pick-up
        they were shipped back to Cuba.
        Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

They said they will try again. "La tercera es la vencida" (The third try is the lucky one).

Comment

Originally posted by iceman
            Once these people reach US territory, they cannot be deported back to Cuba under NACARA (which basically says that any Nicaraguan or Cuban in this country -- even if they entered illegally, like these guys did -- are granted full amnesty).

I’m not sure what to make of that. It’s not exactly fair to others trying to get into this country legally and have to wait years. It certainly encourages illegal immigration and rewards those that break the law.

Is that act still in effect, especially for Nicaraguans? I was under the impression that the Clinton administrartion in 94-95, either did away with that act or modified it to the extent that it made it more difficult for Cubans to be granted asylum in the US by entering the country by using such methods. I'll have to double check that.

Thomas
            Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by Braniffnut

Is that act still in effect, especially for Nicaraguans? I was under the impression that the Clinton administrartion in 94-95, either did away with that act or modified it to the extent that it made it more difficult for Cubans to be granted asylum in the US by entering the country by using such methods. I'll have to double check that.

Thomas
              I was told that it still was. And even if if they "modified" it, they sure don't practice.

I know that some of the BCIS service centers (especially the Texas Service Center) make Nicaraguan and other Central American amnesty claims their priority.

Comment

You may think it's crazy to attempt to cross the Florida Strait in a Buick, but it's a hell of a lot safer than YYZ-HAV in a Cubana IL-62, let me tell you!
                www.AirlineAndAirportLinks.com
                An exhaustive and cross-referenced database of world airline and airport websites.
                www.AirlineAndAirportLinks.com Photos
                Airliner photos from Toronto's YYZ.

Comment

Once these people reach US territory, they cannot be deported back to Cuba under NACARA ........
                  And a reason why florida is such a hell hole. When these people do make it over they provide nothing to the economy. Just a drain. Another seat in a classroom.
                  Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Originally posted by Cubana
                    They said they will try again. "La tercera es la vencida" (The third try is the lucky one).
                    Muchas gracias por esta frasa Marcos
                    Thank you very much for this sentance Marcos

Since, they (as far two of them were concerned ) used first a Chevy Pick-up and a Buick Sedan (?), let's bet they will try either a Cad Fleetwood limo or a Pontiac convertible, just to show around how much they enjoy riding, albeit on a particular way, with GM products .....

More seriously, I give right to Iceman...

Alain
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

And a reason why florida is such a hell hole. When these people do make it over they provide nothing to the economy. Just a drain. Another seat in a classroom.
                      I have absolutely no problem with immigrants. My mother is an immigrant and now a naturalized US citizen. I do have a problem with: a) our pathetic immigration rules that encourage illegal immigration; and b) those that come in illegally to abuse the resources we have and make it difficult for legal immigrants (and not all illegals are like that).

Also, don’t forget that there are loads of Americans who just sit on their ass all day and don’t do jack. There are quite a few of those and they don’t get a lick of respect from me. I actually respect those illegals who work hard more than some lazy Americans.

More seriously, I give right to Iceman...
                      Damn straight! LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
                        Originally posted by Cubana
                        Muchas gracias por esta frasa Marcos
                        Thank you very much for this sentance Marcos
                        Je vous en prie! It's just a Spanish proverb.

Comment

They should have just let them in...

We could use some more creativity over here.

While there at it, they should pack it full of rum and chicks.....
                          Bite me Airways.....

Comment

entering the United States with STYLE !!

anyway i think they were brave guys !
                            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Working...
                            X