"Boil Order"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Boil Order"

I get a call from the city I live in. Apparently, there is too much GOOSE POOP, yes GOOSE POOP in our water resorvoir- causing high levels in dangerous chemical. So now, we CANNOT drink the water or do anything with it without boiling it for 5 minutes.

So, everyone rushes out to buy bottled water, and I get to the store...its all gone. So now im living on Diet Rite They say its safe to shower/bathe in if we do not drink it. I have to pour the little bottled water I have into my coffeemaker and toothbrush...

Anything like this happening to anyone else??

-Patrick
    (who is very annoyed and thirsty )

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
    October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

haha,
    hope your water gets fixed soon!
    Will F.
    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Aah... we could all use a little goose crap in our lives, right?

i never drink our tap water here... to many swamps, and it makes me uncomfortable lol
      www.acairport.com

Comment

Well, in The Hague, the Netherlands, tap water isn't drinkable unless you were born here. For us foreigners, it works as a laxative - way too mineralized.

Back home in Argentina, tap water is 100% drinkable and tastes good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubana
          Well, in The Hague, the Netherlands, tap water isn't drinkable unless you were born here. For us foreigners, it works as a laxative - way too mineralized.

Back home in Argentina, tap water is 100% drinkable and tastes good.
          Wow...strange how water is working these days...

Got another call from the city...water SHOULD be drinkable by Thursday...
          Hopefully.

Next Flights:

Comment

Re: "Boil Order"

Originally posted by Fly_Southwest
            I get a call from the city I live in. Apparently, there is too much GOOSE POOP, yes GOOSE POOP in our water resorvoir- causing high levels in dangerous chemical. So now, we CANNOT drink the water or do anything with it without boiling it for 5 minutes.

So, everyone rushes out to buy bottled water, and I get to the store...its all gone. So now im living on Diet Rite They say its safe to shower/bathe in if we do not drink it. I have to pour the little bottled water I have into my coffeemaker and toothbrush...

Anything like this happening to anyone else??

-Patrick
            (who is very annoyed and thirsty )

Go and drink water in Pakistan, you have to boil that for 4 hours until you can drink it, and by that time most of it has evaporated. So you only have a little left. But if you stay there for a long time your immune system gets use to the water and you can drink it. I just didn't drink water when i went to visit there, just got Pepsi. Or i drank Tea. Also don't eat the food there too, unless if its home cooked or from a good restaurant.

-PIAA310
            ***My Blog***

Comment

Seems like a nice time for all the citizens in town to get their shotguns out and have a nice goose dinner.

Comment

Yeah, we had two, count 'em TWO water main breaks in 2002 (one in Feb, the other in September) prompting boil advisories. Each time, we got out of school for two days. We've also had several little ones here since during the school day prompting an announcement saying "Do NOT drink the water!"...and that's it.

Fortunately, no goose poop incidents here...otherwise, I'd live on bottled water!

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Originally posted by Freightdogg
                  Seems like a nice time for all the citizens in town to get their shotguns out and have a nice goose dinner.
                  Just what I was thinking. Anyone know how goose tastes?

Comment

Blame Canada! Those geese had to come from somewhere!

j/k of course
                    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

We've always been having trouble with our water in Wichita. I don't think I've remembered a boil order lately but it's been a pretty big issue here. Runoff and feces from livestock farms as well has pesticides have washed into the Arkansas River and now it's pretty gross. The reservoir we get our water from has similiar problems and the water's lousy. Last year the water started tasting really bad so now we got a water dispenser and some Culligan water, it's really good stuff.

Comment

They lifted the ban yesterday- so 9 days with no water. Apparently, the city did some tests and the results came up negative 3 days in a row so they decided the water was fine. I went to the store and bought two 26-packs of Ice Mountain, just to be safe in case it happens again.

Patrick
                        Now actually drinking some tap water, straight from the tap again

Next Flights:

Comment

Working...
                        X