Where should I go on spring break?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should I go on spring break?

So I just heard from Northwest that they removed the program they had in place that allowed people to transfer miles between their accounts for award travel, so I probably wont be going home (japan) for spring break as I was planning. I do however have enough FF miles to fly anywhere in the US/Canada. So where is a good spotter friendly place in the US that you guys would reccomend I go spend a week. Its going ot need to have a hotel nearby and a good enough transportation system for me to get around and do things as I'll be by myself and will need lots of things to occupy my time.

Ottawa
    Will F.
    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

I hear Fairbanks is nice this time of year. Not a lot of photos in the DB from there either.

Comment

I would go to LAX or JFK because they can get some interesting traffic there. You might want to go through MDW if you have never had a MDW approach

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
        October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

Go to Denver and have Jeff take you around, lol

Comment

If you don't want to go to CHS, I would suggest South Florida, New York, Vegas, or Tucson :P

Comment

Originally posted by Freightdogg
              I hear Fairbanks is nice this time of year. Not a lot of photos in the DB from there either.
              Well, they are warmer than here most of the time, so it would be a nice break.

Comment

If you really have nothing to do you should get Greg to meet you at IAD and go take a tour of the new Udvar-Hazy facility for the Smithsonian. You could run into town and do the Air and Space Museum on the Mall as well. Maybe do some spotting with Greg at IAD and BWI.

Comment

If you really have nothing to do you should get Greg to meet you at IAD and go take a tour of the new Udvar-Hazy facility for the Smithsonian. You could run into town and do the Air and Space Museum on the Mall as well. Maybe do some spotting with Greg at IAD and BWI.
                  LMAO!

Greg- You've become the official Jp.net correspondant to the Udvar-Hazy museum, cheufureing all the jp.net members to the museum.

Joe,

That blows that you are locked to North America... If I were you, I would get that DC-9 outta GFK and shoot off to Washington DC for the museum and the mall, or fly over to one of the Many Spectacular National Parks out west and do some old fashion camping!

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
                    LMAO!

Greg- You've become the official Jp.net correspondant to the Udvar-Hazy museum, cheufureing all the jp.net members to the museum.

Adam
                    Hell, I'd do it, but you will have to pay my $12 parking fee. Joe, if you come to DC, maybe i'll finally score a hat trick off of you. If not, likely, I may be in San Diego, Cali at that time. wooohoooo!
                    Kevin

Comment

Some ideas:
                      -FLL (Stay at Embassy suites...about 5 min from airport,10 min from beach) Not to mention FLL is OFF THE CHAIN during Spring break!!

-STL(Stay at the Renaissance, great airport views, can take the Metrolink downtown/Central west end from the airport) not really a primo spring break spot...but if you're interested

-DCA- Easy access to D.C. via the metro

-BOS (Stay at the Hyatt harborside, great hotel, awesome views of the city and airport, not too close to the Train, but about a 10-15 min hazardous walk or cab ride)
                      Packin more nuts than Delta Airlines
                      -PT-

Comment

You should do a northeastern loop type of thing:

-Fly into BOS (Don't know where to stay)
                        -Take the Amtrak to NYC after some days
                        -Do some LGA and JFK spotting (not as hard as you may think) (Stay at the Holiday Inn JFK or a hotel in Manhattan)
                        -Check out Mt. Mitchell (good spotting location from JFK)
                        -Take the train to Philly and spend a few days there (Stay at the Marriot Philadelphia West)
                        -Take the train to Atlantic City and do some Spotting at ACY (spring break is prime spotting time at ACY) as well as see some scrapped 747's we got here (Stay at the Tropicana or the Days Inn if you're looking for something in the city and cheap)
                        -Take the ferry down to the BWI area
                        -Fly home from DCA or IAD after some spotting (Stay at the American Inn in Bathesda )

Of course there's also Panama City
                        www.acairport.com

Comment

New Orleans

Comment

DFW

Comment

Wherever "Girls Gone Wild" is shooting......
                              Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Working...
                              X