• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROS1969
    replied
    BRRRRRR.....

Duluth, Minnesota!!!!! :P

The beaches won't be nearly as crowded at this time of the year.
    Lake Superior may be a bit chilly for a swim, though.

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    Turns out the parents came through and I'm going 'home' (Japan). Flying NW DC-9 from GFK-MSP, then UAL 733 from MSP-ORD, spending the night and hanging out with a few friends from IL, then flying a UAL 744 from ORD-NRT. After that short hop I get a nice 3-5 hour bus ride from NRT to Yokota. Well worth it though, being this far from home sucks. Anyway, thanks for all your suggestions, I will use them as future reference.

Leave a comment:

• LRJet Guy
    replied
    Good use of the miles. Always good to build up some good karma.

Leave a comment:

• ATLcenter
    replied
    May I recommend Beautiful

SAN FRANCISCO!

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    Actually guys, thanks for all your suggestions, but I used my miles to help a friend who had a family emergency. Thanks for the suggestions though, take it easy.

Leave a comment:

• LRJet Guy
    replied
    Wherever "Girls Gone Wild" is shooting......

Leave a comment:

• B757300
    replied
    DFW

Leave a comment:

• SWA733Captain
    replied
    New Orleans

Leave a comment:

• matt1168
    replied
    You should do a northeastern loop type of thing:

-Fly into BOS (Don't know where to stay)
    -Take the Amtrak to NYC after some days
    -Do some LGA and JFK spotting (not as hard as you may think) (Stay at the Holiday Inn JFK or a hotel in Manhattan)
    -Check out Mt. Mitchell (good spotting location from JFK)
    -Take the train to Philly and spend a few days there (Stay at the Marriot Philadelphia West)
    -Take the train to Atlantic City and do some Spotting at ACY (spring break is prime spotting time at ACY) as well as see some scrapped 747's we got here (Stay at the Tropicana or the Days Inn if you're looking for something in the city and cheap)
    -Take the ferry down to the BWI area
    -Fly home from DCA or IAD after some spotting (Stay at the American Inn in Bathesda )

Of course there's also Panama City

Leave a comment:

• MCIFLYR
    replied
    Some ideas:
    -FLL (Stay at Embassy suites...about 5 min from airport,10 min from beach) Not to mention FLL is OFF THE CHAIN during Spring break!!

-STL(Stay at the Renaissance, great airport views, can take the Metrolink downtown/Central west end from the airport) not really a primo spring break spot...but if you're interested

-DCA- Easy access to D.C. via the metro

-BOS (Stay at the Hyatt harborside, great hotel, awesome views of the city and airport, not too close to the Train, but about a 10-15 min hazardous walk or cab ride)

Leave a comment:

• gocaps16
    replied
    Originally posted by DeltaASA16
    Originally posted by Freightdogg
    If you really have nothing to do you should get Greg to meet you at IAD and go take a tour of the new Udvar-Hazy facility for the Smithsonian. You could run into town and do the Air and Space Museum on the Mall as well. Maybe do some spotting with Greg at IAD and BWI.
    LMAO!

Greg- You've become the official Jp.net correspondant to the Udvar-Hazy museum, cheufureing all the jp.net members to the museum.

Adam
    Hell, I'd do it, but you will have to pay my $12 parking fee. Joe, if you come to DC, maybe i'll finally score a hat trick off of you. If not, likely, I may be in San Diego, Cali at that time. wooohoooo!
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    If you really have nothing to do you should get Greg to meet you at IAD and go take a tour of the new Udvar-Hazy facility for the Smithsonian. You could run into town and do the Air and Space Museum on the Mall as well. Maybe do some spotting with Greg at IAD and BWI.
    LMAO!

Greg- You've become the official Jp.net correspondant to the Udvar-Hazy museum, cheufureing all the jp.net members to the museum.

Joe,

That blows that you are locked to North America... If I were you, I would get that DC-9 outta GFK and shoot off to Washington DC for the museum and the mall, or fly over to one of the Many Spectacular National Parks out west and do some old fashion camping!

Adam

Leave a comment:

• Freightdogg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    I hear Fairbanks is nice this time of year. Not a lot of photos in the DB from there either.
    Well, they are warmer than here most of the time, so it would be a nice break.

Leave a comment:

• FlyCharlestonSC
    replied
    If you don't want to go to CHS, I would suggest South Florida, New York, Vegas, or Tucson :P

Leave a comment:

Working...
X