High Seas Viral Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Seas Viral Outbreak...

It’s been happening more and more. Some believe that it's happening because of the amount of cruise ships on the market. They all dispose their waste at sea and create fresh water from the salt water they take in. All these ships follow in each other’s wake and therefore take in "treated" waste water from the ship in front of them. How well the water is treated is anyone's guess. All of these cruise ships are registered outside the U.S and therefore don't have to follow allot of U.S laws.

High Seas Viral Outbreak...

GALVESTON, Texas (Feb. 15) - A Carnival Cruise Lines ship returned from a five-day cruise to Mexico on Saturday with more than 300 people sick with a gastrointestinal illness.

AP
    One of Carnival Cruise Lines' ships in an undated photo.

Carnival officials said preliminary tests show the outbreak might have been caused by a norovirus. The virus is spread through contaminated food, contact with infected people or poor hygiene. It can be prevented by regular hand-washing.

"They did try to handle it very well, from a cleaning perspective and disinfecting and sanitizing things,'' passenger Christal Davis said after leaving the ship. "I wouldn't go back on this ship, but we'll definitely cruise again.''

The Celebration left Galveston on Monday. On Wednesday, Carnival contacted the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to report an unusual number of ill passengers, with predominant symptoms of vomiting and diarrhea.

By Friday, 297 of 1,576 passengers and 19 of 689 crew members were ill, according to the CDC.

CDC investigators boarded the 733-foot ship after its regularly scheduled arrival. They were conducting tests and inspecting the ship.

Miami-based Carnival said it plans to compensate passengers who got sick.
    Source: AOL News
    This Is Fly_Southwest...something said I could not log in...so I am now EC-HLA...the first plane I was ever on.

Comment

Forgot to add in above post: Did'nt something like this happen before on another cruise line?
      This Is Fly_Southwest...something said I could not log in...so I am now EC-HLA...the first plane I was ever on.

Comment

Alright how did my post get ontop of the orginal????

Comment

Wow...that is really strange. I wonder why that happened

Comment

According to the times Tom posted 8 minutes before Patrick.

Comment

Well one of us must have travelled back in time Still very strange.

Comment

Working...
              X