Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sincere Apology

To all the JP.net people out there in internet land,

Recently I have come under fire for voicing strong opinions on the competition between Southwest and USAir. Evidently somewhere I was misinterpreted as saying that I want USAir to fail. I do not want USAir or any other airline to fail. Period.

The rest of you who are "regulars" know that I'm WN's biggest cheerleader. I will not apologize for being proud of the company for which I work. However as member Cubana pointed out, I have recently started bragging too much. I'm sorry for this as well. I'll try to stick more to just the facts and news.

I do respect the other airlines. They're the competition and you have to respect your competition, just like in athletic sports. I realize that competition doesn't have to end in the failure on another company and I'm very sorry if I came acorss that way. I realize that my opinions here can reflect poorly on the company I proudly work for. I never wish for the failure of any company or for people to lose their jobs.

Sincerely,
    Paul
    PT737SWA
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Hey Paul,

How are you?

I know you are Southwest's biggest fan and I really enjoy how you like your workplace. Not a lot of people are so happy about their company. If I had to choose a job at an airline and had the opportunity to pick Southwest, I would not hesitate to do it after reading your thoughts. They must be terrific if their employees (not only you but apparently also the flight attendants, etc.) like them that much.

On the other hand, I was a bit angry after reading your posts about USAir. I am not a fan of them but I dislike very much seeing companies bankrupt. No matter if they are an airline or a mobile phones-repair store. I live in a country where we saw this very often during the last years and I always try to put myself on these people's shoes. These got to be very hard a very hard situation for them.

Anyway, now that I read this everything is, at least from my side, solved. I hope it is the same from your side.

Have a nice day!

Cheers
    Marcos

Comment

Apology accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
        Apology accepted.
        Same here.....
        ***My Blog***

Comment

No worries man!

Nice gesture also!
          Bite me Airways.....

Comment

I thought I was Southwest's biggest fan!

Comment

I really respect you for doing this.

When I was misinterpereted, I was not smart enough to do what you have done.

Thank you!

Comment

Nice gesture...I dont think anyone lost any sleep over it though.

Comment

Originally posted by SWA733Captain
                  I thought I was Southwest's biggest fan!
                  you come in 2nd--at least on this website :P

Comment

I dunno, it's probably just me, but i dont see why people can't wish death on an airline. I mean, they will be percieved by the society norm as a freak and complete moron, but we are here to voice our opinions!?

Well, I didnt see what happened, but maybe He was a little to violent in his words so that they would go over well with the "society." Maybe next time, present your ideas in a more acceptable fashion while still giving your opinion.

Anyways, I just wanna say, PT737SWA, Your icon scares the sh*t outta me... (I'll voice my opinion here ) I think its the worst icon on the internet these days

Maybe change it to Strongbad?

Adam

Comment

I dunno, it's probably just me, but i dont see why people can't wish death on an airline. I mean, they will be percieved by the society norm as a freak and complete moron, but we are here to voice our opinions!?
                      Sure, you can type whatever you want (as long as Chris and the mods don't have any problems with it) but myself and many others on here would tend to look down on people wishing for the death of an airline. What good could possibly come out of tens of thousands of people losing their jobs, and cities losing one of their only transportation links to the outside world?

That being said, I did not read PT737SWA's comments on US Airways, so I will refrain from commenting on his remarks. I do think he did the right thing by making a public apology if he felt that he offended some forum members, though. That takes some guts.
                      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
                        Anyways, I just wanna say, PT737SWA, Your icon scares the sh*t outta me... (I'll voice my opinion here ) I think its the worst icon on the internet these days

Maybe change it to Strongbad? Adam
                        Sorry pal, the icon stays for now. I do change regularly, but not by request. I don't know the first thing about Strongbad except that it's popular over on fark.com
                        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Hey Paul,
                          Even though you may have done it a bit toughly, you justifiably back your grocery bags provider, especially since WN treats the staffers well and makes everything to keep the spirit going.
                          Regards
                          Alain
                          Thanks for visiting
                          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                          *JetPhotos*
                          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                          X