Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you that think 'War with Iraq' is wrong...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you that think 'War with Iraq' is wrong...

For those of you that think war with Iraq is wrong, take a look at this and maybe you'll get some sense knocked into your head and realize that war with Iraq is actually helping the Iraqi people.
    (Courtesy of www.rushlimbaugh.com)

"There was a machine designed for shredding plastic. Men were dropped into it and we were again made to watch. Sometimes they went in head first and died quickly. Sometimes they went in feet first and died screaming. It was horrible."
    -Iraqi torture witness' sworn statement to INDICT

“In 1991 Saddam killed 500,000 people when they rose against him. Nobody demonstrated against him then. But now the United States wants to get rid of the dictator, people are demonstrating against it.”
    -one of the Iraqi liberation soldiers the U.S. is training at "Camp Freedom" in Hungary

"The Iraqi regime and its weapons of mass destruction represent a clear threat to world security. This danger has been explicitly recognized by the U.N."
    -Letter by Eight European leaders in support of the United States

"At the end of all of the academic arguments is whether we are willing to pay the price to bring freedom to the people of Iraq. If we are, we will not regret it."
    -Vietnam veteran and former Democratic Senator Bob Kerrey

"The last thing we want to see is a smoking gun. A gun smokes after it's been fired…. If someone waits for a smoking gun, it's certain we will have waited too long."
    -Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld

"We are praying you will stick to your resolve to liberate our country from a dictatorial tyranny over 30 years which has caused the deaths of nearly 2 million men and women, sons and daughters." -Letter to UK Prime Minister Tony Blair from Iraqi Exiles

"If this were 'all about oil,' we could just declare victory in Kuwait or Saudi Arabia and go home. Who's going to stop us? Our troops are already there!"
    -Rush Hudson Limbaugh III

“I am surprised to hear of all the anti-war demonstrations in the West. I wish that the demonstrators could spend just 24 hours in the place I have come from and see the reality of Iraq. Fourteen lost years of my life. Nothing but bread for food — darkness, filth, beatings, torture, killings, bitterness and humiliation.”
    -Rafat Abdulmajeed Muhammad, jailed for selling a roll of film to an British journalist

"Iraq under Saddam’s regime has become a land of hopelessness, sadness, and fear. A country where people are ethnically cleansed; prisoners are tortured in more than 300 prisons in Iraq. Rape is systematic . . . congenital malformation, birth defects, infertility, cancer, and various disorders are the results of Saddam’s gassing of his own people. . . the killing and torturing of husbands in front of their wives and children . . . Iraq under Saddam has become a hell and a museum of crimes."
    –Iraqi Safia Al Souhail, Advocacy Director of the International Alliance for Justice
    My Pics!

You're posting something from Rush Limbaugh as fact?

I would suggest you try to stick to reputable sources for information. Unfortunately, there's not many of those left in the USA.

Try www.npr.org for starters.

Comment

These aren't FACTS from Rush Limbaugh, they're QUOTES from what other people have said about Iraq
      My Pics!

Comment

You want us to believe stuff that Rush Limbaugh says are facts from Iraqi people!!!

Hahaha. Thats the most hilarious thing i've ever heard in my entire life.
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

"The Iraqi regime and its weapons of mass destruction represent a clear threat to world security. This danger has been explicitly recognized by the U.N."
          USA gave them such weapons.
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

RE

I believe that was the FRENCH.
            Cory Klimko
            KSNA Photography

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
              USA gave them such weapons.

I beg your pardon sir, they did not give them, they sold them, and at a mighty fine profit, I'm sure.

By the way, those are the same people who are making the bombs that are now raining down on Baghdad.

Comment

Yeah. They sure must have scooped in a whole load of money.

Comment

I believe that was the FRENCH.
                  You believe wrong.

Comment

You idiot liberals really can't believe anything that doesn't support your position, can you?

What in hell would cause you to doubt the veracity of any of those quotes?

It is a commonly known fact that every Iraqi refugee/defector alive believes that Saddam Hussein must go, by any means necessary. This is well documented, and very easily researchable online if you'd like to take the time.

(Note: I am done researching for idiot liberals to prove my points. They can look it up themselves)

Dave, you make a good point.

The U.S. did sell weapons to Iraq.

Fortunately enough for our position, they were sold to Iraq 23 years ago during the Iraq/Iran war, and certainly would not be used during any altercation today (again, very researchable and documented).

Furthermore, the weapons sold to Iraq by the U.S. were nothing that could be classified as Weapons of Mass Destruction (nuclear, chemical, biological, etc.). They were standard, short range, vintage 1980 munitions, which, if you'd bother to do some research, Iraq is still allowed to have for its own defense.

Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction have been manufactured by Saddam Hussein's regime over the period of about the last 20 years, since the end of the Iran/Iraq war. There is speculation that some of them may have come from France, Russia, and China -- but that will have to wait to be proven/refuted until the end of the current campaign.

The fact is, a madman who has killed over 2.5 million of his own citizens has large quantities of Weapons of Mass Destruction in violation of 17 United Nations Resolutions. Many of these are weapons more horrible than you could ever imagine.

It doesn't matter where they came from orwhose fault it is that he obtained them.

He has them now, which is the issue.

This murderous tyrant is literally one push of a button from launching these things into Riyadh, Kuwait City, Ankara, Tel Aviv, Dubai, Amman, Jeruselem, or countless other smaller cities. This is now. Where will he be in 5 years if the International community once again decides to back off now?

That is a problem, and a big one at that. If the French and their friends, along with a select group of pacifist American pussies who seem to be genuinely convinced that problems will just go away if they ignore them want to ignore that, it's okay. The U.S., along with its friends, will take care of the problem, and once again everyone, including France, will reap the benefits.

I thank God every day that we have a President and leaders of the 40+ other members of the Coalition of the Willing who don't see things that way.
                    Trump is an idiot!
                    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

The U.S did support Iraq during the 1980's and we did give him technology for WMD's but so did the U.K France, Russia, China, and so on. Iraq in the 80's was looked to help be a balance in the Mid East against terrorism that at the time was strongly supported by Iran who Iraq was at war with.

While I support this cause 110% I do understand sometimes we help to create our own problems, i.e. Panama and Pakistan. Opps Pakistan isn't a problem yet; we're in the process of creating that problem.

Comment

Ok, let me make my stand very, very clear so that there is no misunderstanding.

I hate Saddam Hussein. The man is an absolute tyrant. He has done some atrocious things during his rule. His has killed, or rather I should say gassed his own people (the Kurds). He has ordered them to be executed in horrible ways. He has lied, and is a big fraud. He has even got is own family members killed. I have absolutely nothing against the deposition of Saddam hussein and his regime. If he were kiled, all the better. I also maintain that many Iraqi's hate him.

What I am against is war. I'm sure George Bush has nothing against the Iraqi civilians. I hope he has realized though, that many innocent civilians will get killed as a result of war. It is inevitable when there is war. Let me draw on an example given earlier by someone: When USA fought the Taliban, they fought for two purposes: One was to overthrow the Talibani leadership, and another was to find Osama Bin Laden, who they believed was responsible for the 9/11 attacks (this being their first priority). They fought a war, at the end of which the Talibani regime was done with, Osama was still not found, and thousands of innocent Afghani's (who hated the taliban, and whom USA was trying to protect from the Taliban) were killed.

The same is the situation here. USA is waging war to depose Saddam Hussein and his regime. In the bargain, many civilians will be killed. These are civilians who equally hate Saddam Hussein. Their death could have been prevented if there was no war. Now, there are people who would say that war is the only way to get rid of Saddam Hussein. I will differ. War is only one of the ways to get rid of Saddam Hussein. USA could have secretly staged a coup, starring American and other coalition soldiers, at the presidential palace, or at Saddams usual hangouts. This way, only Saddam and members of his regime would die, maybe along with extremely minor civilian casualties. The reason I say that such a coup is possible, is because if USA has been able to secretly get so much inside information on Saddams whereabouts, then a coup could also be staged secretly.

Another way to depose Saddam without a war, is to continuously build up pressure on him. The success rate of this is lower than that of a coup or a war, but there will be next to none, if at all any casualties. The reason why substantial pressure could not be put on Saddam Hussein this time, was because, right from the beginning, USA had threatened him with war. Since many countries were, and still are opposed to war, they wanted to have nothing to do with the USA - Iraq situation (mind you, these countries still hate Saddam as much as you and I). If USA had not threatened Iraq with war, then other countries, which at the moment do not support USA, would have joint hands with USA to build pressure on Saddam to completely disarm, or to step down as president. With a huge number of countries putting pressure on Iraq from all sides, it would have been quite difficult for Saddam Hussein to resist for long, and eventually, he would either disarm, or step down.

I have nothing against America and Americans. I do not pick on people just because they are Americans. I am against certain people whose viewpoints radically differ from mine, and who are not willing to even listen for a moment to opposing views. I am not looking for a chance to make these forums a place for foul arguments and bad taste.

I hope this has cleared any grudges or impressions people may bear.

Peace,

Tanuj.

(Whew, I think this is my longest post so far )

Comment

RE

Nothing against America? Why such a happy mood when a US helicopter went down?
                          Cory Klimko
                          KSNA Photography

Comment

See...helicopters are part of the war. I am against war. I don't care if it was an American helicopter or not.

Comment

RE

Thats pretty sad then. There only doing what they were told to do.
                              Cory Klimko
                              KSNA Photography

Comment

Working...
                              X