Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hi guys, for those who don't know me I'm a First Officer on the Qantas Boeing 767 fleet.

My career started in General Aviation as a Flight Instructor, progressing through to passenger and freight charter, the Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia and then on to Qantas as a Boeing 747-400 Second Officer.

I have been flying the 767 since 2002.

I look forward to sharing any of my experiences or researching any technical issues that you may wish to know. Otherwise my manuals are just collecting dust!

Nice new addition. Anyone who has questions (like they would anyway) about fueling systems on aircraft I'd be the one to ask hehe.
    Ryan Davis
    Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
    www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Great addition! I'm sure this is going to be very useful.
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Call me stupid, but I still don't understand the purpose of this forum, could someone please explain it to me in simple terms

Thanks
        DTVAirport

Comment

Originally posted by bmiChris2k5
          Call me stupid, but I still don't understand the purpose of this forum, could someone please explain it to me in simple terms

Thanks
          Its a technical question forum .

Say, if you want to know the MTOW on a 767 or 737, or what is that thing under the wing or if you want to know about the specs on a particular aircraft, AJ and others will do their best to answer it, hence the briefing room title.

Edit: If you want to know anything about the fuel, Ask our very own fuelmaster ....
          Originally posted by Ryan davis
          Anyone who has questions (like they would anyway) about fueling systems on aircraft I'd be the one to ask
          All in purpose to NOT blend it with normal questions in the aviation discussion section..

Correc me if im wrong.
          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Another Indtroduction

Aulthough not the forum Moderator, I'm just another lowly pilot who hopes to contribute a little to this forum.

I've been flying since the year 2000, I've flown passengers in the Beech 1900 and CRJ as a First Officer, and cargo charter in Shorts 330/360's and Falcon 20's as a Captain. Currently I am a Boeing 727 First Officer for a cargo airline based in Toledo, OH. I have been on the 727 now for about 7 months.
            Anybody can fly a round airplane....

Comment

Nice itinerary hiding behind the lines AJ, looking forward to read the details.
              Alain
              Thanks for visiting
              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
              *JetPhotos*
              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
                My career started in General Aviation as a Flight Instructor, progressing through to passenger and freight charter, the Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia and then on to Qantas as a Boeing 747-400 Second Officer.
                Sorry for asking, but, are you the one who was playing on the Aussie TV drama back in the 80s, The Flying Doctors?
                http://www.academieoffarside.net

Comment

A great idea for a forum. I'll see what I can do to help as well. I have Weight and Balance, Flight Dispatch, Maintenance and Day of Flight (Res people) all working here with us. I work for System Operations Control.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                    A great idea for a forum. I'll see what I can do to help as well. I have Weight and Balance, Flight Dispatch, Maintenance and Day of Flight (Res people) all working here with us. I work for System Operations Control.
                    Id like to say that can go for me to on the 747-400 and -400M both with GE and PW engines. Any questions about the BAe 146 series I can answer. I have a pile of old 146 manuals. I can also answer various questions about various aircraft. I hope I dont sound like I know it all or like someone who thinks they know stuff.
                    -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale

I definatey would be interested in hearing dispatchers point of view on things and what goes on behind the scenes. My CRM teacher always talks about how much of a valuable resource you guys are and how you're overworked and underpaid. I got to tour Delta's tech ops building and man did those guys look busy.

Comment

this is great AJ, btw, do you have any old manuals you could hand down to an aspiring airline pilot?

If anyone wants to know about the Dash-8 series, I know a bit about it.
                        Christian Vlček Sullivan | Through The Fence Photography
                        Forever New Frontiers

Comment

EquatorSky, I joined the Flying Doctors after the famous TV show. VH-MSF, the starring Nomad, had been retired. We still recieved regular donations from various European 'Flying Doctor Fan Clubs' so the TV show made significant benefits for the organisation.

Chris, my company frowns on sending on manuals after 9/11...brave new world and all that!

Comment

"If anyone wants to know about the Dash-8 series, I know a bit about it"

Bet I could show ya up in that Dept...

Used to fly a Sabreliner 40, Lear 24 / 25, and Dash 8-100, -200, and -300.

I've been screaming about having a forum like this since I've been on here. Bless you AJ for finally getting it done!
                            Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Working...
                            X