Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B767 Visibility

AJ,

Having frequently sat in both left and right hand seats in a B744, i can officially label the visibility through the windows as "pants".

How does this compare to the B767?

The thing that ruins the B747 visibility are those curved windows. Have you ever encountered an aircraft with worse visibility than the B747?

Thanks

-myriad

Hi Myriad, visbility in the 76 has been compared to the L1011 and DC-10/MD-11....outstanding. This, of course, applies to the 757 as well.

The one downside is that the wingtips are not visible as they are on the 747. Whilst not vital it is nice to know how much clearance you have on a crowded ramp. We have to use other visual cues, especially when performing a 180 on a runway turning node.

[photoid=5617803]
    [photoid=380499]

One thing that affects me on the 767 is difficulty shooting through the side windows, which are curved and double paned, affecting focussing ability. Shooting through the flat forward screens is easier as long as the lens is perpendicular to the glass, try at an angle and the heating element plays havoc!

Cheers.

Comment

Shooting through the flat forward screens is easier as long as the lens is perpendicular to the glass, try at an angle and the heating element plays havoc!
      I'm sure you'd rather keep the heating element though...

Can you open the side windows like you can on the A340?

Comment

You sure can!

Comment

AJ, you have a cool job
          My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

I was wondering why the wing tips on the 764 are raked? I did notice it on a trip to Hawaii last year. Thanks in advance!
            Who's on first?..........

Comment

The raked wingtips used on the 767-400, 777-200LR/-300ER and 747-400Adv are designed to reduce wingtip vortices, therefore reducing induced drag. A similar concept to winglets and wingtip fences.

Comment

Hello AJ and Myriad, I was thinking about the 74Adv it would be so and so feet longer, will the wingtips still be visible from the cockpit or will Boeing also fit those like the 773LR and Airbus with A346 with cameraes ?? ??
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I remember, that Russ Short, a former QF employee and admin on the "orders group" (a Yahoogroup focussed on aircraft orders) once mentioned, that wingtips have one great advantage over winglets, which is, that they need less structural weight for the same result on reducing vortices.

Gerardo
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
                    The raked wingtips used on the 767-400, 777-200LR/-300ER and 747-400Adv are designed to reduce wingtip vortices, therefore reducing induced drag. A similar concept to winglets and wingtip fences.
                    Thankyou kindly. I found the design rather interesting.
                    Who's on first?..........

Comment

Working...
                    X