Coal as a Jet A1 replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by screaming_emu
    yeah, the thing about the seminole is that the two sump valves are actually on the side of the fuselage, facing out instead of down. so you have to stick the little pin into the valve to open it, but yet somehow make that fuel fall into the cup. You'd think for a $500,000 airplane they'd figure out that it isn't the best way to do it
    I'll have a think... there has to be a good way to drain the fuel from your silly aircraft

Comment

Sasol - one of my customers - have been producing fuel from coal for the last 30 plus years. The interesting bit about the article is a "serious" look at the alternatives to oil. In my opinion, the only viable alternative to oil based, (fossil) fuels is to "go electric" and use cold fusion as the energy to produce such power. There is a very interesting web site called Infinate Energy (Google it) which shows current research and progress into "cracking" the elusive bit. The articles expound on what this would do for the planet in general. "Aviation will never be the same again" and "Intergalactical manned space travel would be a "reality"". And the byproduct of cold fusion is water and Oxygen.
      RobB

Comment

Let's make those engines into hydro-electric turbines and they can just fill the planes with water!
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
          Let's make those engines into hydro-electric turbines and they can just fill the planes with water!

imagine that.... makes a lot of sense since 75% of the planet is friggin water! that would definatly redefine "potable water service"
          In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

Whichever the replacement, designing aerodynamically clean airliners will be a new frontier to reach. First challenge will surely be to accomodate the energy source to efficiently replace JetA1 in terms of bulk and space ...
            Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
            X